The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 04-03-2017, 03:21 PM   #1361
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Id love to see the core characters, but deep down I want a Triceraton and metal head. An awesome mutagen man would be cool too.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:19 AM   #1362
zelu1984
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theassassin View Post
Wait, back up a second - when did this conversation happen? I could be mistaken but I'm pretty sure this is the first time Bandai/Tamashii Nations has been quoted as saying they want to continue the line after Shredder.

Please elaborate if there was any more detail in this conversation, and like I say, would be good to know when it took place.

Still however vague this info, they want to continue the line! Awesome news. Thankfully they're not planning to "pull a Playmates" on us and give up before doing at least all the core characters.
It was during the Toy Fair in Germany (January). Basically they said that the Shredder is definitively confirmed and that they already have the final version of the figure but they are waiting for the right time to start the pre orders (Perhaps close to SDCC?) The second thing I ask was if the line will continue and they said yes, they would like to continue the line but currently they don't know who will be next. They also mentioned that the current contract they have for this line is to use die cast so each character would have to have some metal parts like the Turtles.
zelu1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:54 AM   #1363
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
It was during the Toy Fair in Germany (January). Basically they said that the Shredder is definitively confirmed and that they already have the final version of the figure but they are waiting for the right time to start the pre orders (Perhaps close to SDCC?) The second thing I ask was if the line will continue and they said yes, they would like to continue the line but currently they don't know who will be next. They also mentioned that the current contract they have for this line is to use die cast so each character would have to have some metal parts like the Turtles.
That stinks of a loophole so they can go around Playmates grip on the IP, maybe something for NECA to consider?
Old 04-04-2017, 02:18 AM   #1364
Huzzah
Mad Scientist

I've wondered if companies could get around Playmates restrictions by potentially doing soft goods similar to Mezco.

Regardless, I'm cool with the diecast, I know it increases the cost, but the figures feel so much more substantial with it, plus it really helps with the posing options. I'm hoping to hear the next figure as well, and patiently waiting for Shredder pre-order dates...
Huzzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:18 AM   #1365
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelu1984 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. It may not be much but it's the only info we have so I'm thankful it at least gives us some hope they will do the rest of the core characters.
theassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:29 PM   #1366
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Old 04-10-2017, 04:54 AM   #1367
joefsas
Stone Warrior

Ordered Leo last night from Amazon...only £43!
Once I have him I can finally start posing them all. Cant wait!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:07 AM   #1368
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I've been in search for better swords for Leo, and I found this on HLJ:
http://hlj.com/product/fts60306

F-Toys have a couple of waves with various swords that would suit SHF Leo and probably any TMNT figure fairly well. The larger blade without a handle is 1:8th scale, but the full sword with scabbard is 1:12th scale so that should be perfect. And the set I linked have a wakizashi in it.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 07:20 AM   #1369
Since 1984
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I've been in search for better swords for Leo, and I found this on HLJ:
http://hlj.com/product/fts60306

F-Toys have a couple of waves with various swords that would suit SHF Leo and probably any TMNT figure fairly well. The larger blade without a handle is 1:8th scale, but the full sword with scabbard is 1:12th scale so that should be perfect. And the set I linked have a wakizashi in it.
Even better, there's this dude that sells on eBay. I haven't bought anything from him yet but he's gotten good reviews. There's even a YouTube video of someone reviewing the weapons.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/262892062293
Since 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:27 PM   #1370
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Old 04-24-2017, 03:14 PM   #1371
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since 1984 View Post
Even better, there's this dude that sells on eBay. I haven't bought anything from him yet but he's gotten good reviews. There's even a YouTube video of someone reviewing the weapons.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/262892062293
I have gotten stuff from him before. It is really nice. My only concern with the Figuarts turtles is the handles are a bit big for their hands. I don't think the weapons will go in the closed fist hands at all. I did get one of his sais in Raphael's open gripping hand last night. It stretched enough I was afraid he would no longer be able to hold his sais if I left it in. I have his weapons on my Classics collection Movie Raph and Leo. Way better than the originals.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #1372
Monte Williams
Stone Warrior

Old 04-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #1373
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Does anyone know when Shredder is being released?
It seems like he should be coming our way soon.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #1374
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Does anyone know when Shredder is being released?
It seems like he should be coming our way soon.
Retailers havent even been able to order yet, so its not in the very near future. I would bet Christmas at best personally. Orders are usually taken months in advance and I havent seen anything from them yet.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #1375
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Retailers havent even been able to order yet, so its not in the very near future. I would bet Christmas at best personally. Orders are usually taken months in advance and I havent seen anything from them yet.
Hey thanks for the heads up man!
Sucks we have to wait so long for the best Shredder figure yet.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:00 PM   #1376
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Maybe the wait is a good thing. Maybe it means they are using people's suggestions to make some tweaks.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #1377
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
Maybe the wait is a good thing. Maybe it means they are taking time to make some changes based on people's suggestions.
Man I hope so. I was so happy that they fixed most of the issues with the Turtles. Shredder's helmet/mask shape is so off, I will be really disappointed if they don't make any changes. And I think a grey painjob would look better than metallic silver. It's not a terrible figure by any means, it's pretty good, but just a few tweaks could make it more in line with the quality of their Turtles and more accurate to the toon which is what everyone has wanted in figure form for almost 30 years. May as well get it right.

Thanks for the update Coro too.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:47 PM   #1378
TCRI
Hench Mutant

I just want to see a Krang or Splinter...
Old 04-27-2017, 04:13 PM   #1379
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I'd love to see a Splinter, and how they'd work around the robe. Soft goods, rubber or a part of the sculpt.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:19 PM   #1380
theassassin
Foot Soldier

Yeh I really want an accurate toon Splinter next too. The mutations one was one of my favorite toys as a kid.