The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #4041
Scud
Hench Mutant

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster
I saw Madagascar 3 with my son, now I can`t get the song out of my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
I saw "The Amazing Spider-Man" today. I wasn't a fan of the Raimi films (except for the first one) and was hoping that this one would be more up my alley. It was... okay. Garfield and Stone were infinitely better than Maguire and Dunst but apart from that there wasn't anything special about it. The Lizard was a pretty lame villain, the script was terrible at some points and all throughout the film I had this "Yeah, I've seen this before..." feeling. Oh, and avoid the 3D if you can, it's lame as f*ck. Most of the time you won't even notice it.
Thanks for the mini review Barkworm. I too was not a fan of the Maguire/Dunst casting from the Raimi trilogy. Tobey just did not portait the wise cracking nerd that is Peter Parker.
Sad about the story for the new one . If we put them together I guess we would have on kick-butt flick.

~S~

New to the Technodrome? Why not introduce yourself here.
To read the forum rules click one. For guidelines on Buying/Selling/Trading click two.
Scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #4042
zkarlette
Fashionably late

Yesterday I went to two screenings Amaizing Spiderman and the Katy Perry movie.
Both good movies,nothing spectacular about them.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:10 AM   #4043
gobo
Wacky Action

I watched Walk Like A Man starring Howie Mandel & Christopher Lloyd a few weeks ago. Nostalgic.

Watched Sherlock Holmes 2 and Mirror, Mirror last night. Holmes 2 was even harder to follow than the first. Mirror, Mirror is still the most fun I've had watching a new release Julia Roberts movie in years.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #4044
Slade
god status

The fam and I watched MIB3 a couple of days ago..though they don't know this, but I had already bootlegged it. They enjoyed it. I think all the movies are just ok.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #4045
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy

Saw Spidey last night (or I guess this morning). I really dug it. More so than the Raimi films.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #4046
Green Machine
Hench Mutant

Watched 21 Jump Street. It was ok with some funny parts. I wouldn't watch it again though.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #4047
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Just got back from seeing Amazing Spider-Man.

Definatly a different spin on the origin. It's a good movie, not the best Spidey film, but definatly not the worst.

Spoiler:
Stan Lee's cameo was Totally out of nowhere!

Also, I kept on recognizing spots from the TMNT movies...like when Peter's doing a hand stand...that's the same place Raph yelled out "Damn!" in the first TMNT movie.

Oh and boy there sure are alot of geckos, anole lizards, and chameleons in New York City's sewers....
Old 07-04-2012, 10:43 AM   #4048
AquaParade
Banned

Also saw The Amazing Spider-Man last night. I ****ing loved it! Brought everything about the Ultimate comics Spider-Man I love to life. Spider-Man 2 will always hold a spot in my heart for its classic Lee/Romita feel, but this is easily my favorite Spidey film now. To compare the two, I would say that TASM has more "energy". Keeps the film fun nearly the entire time.

I appreciate the build-up, because the characters need to be fleshed out before we jump straight into the action, but it did take a good thirty minutes for me to get truly sucked in, despite a quality beginning/set-up. But, once the ball got rolling, I literally couldn't take the smile off my face. From the car-thief scene on, I just sat there with a grin plastered to my face.

Last edited by AquaParade; 07-04-2012 at 11:17 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #4049
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Just got back from seeing Amazing Spider-Man.

Definatly a different spin on the origin. It's a good movie, not the best Spidey film, but definatly not the worst.

Spoiler:
Stan Lee's cameo was Totally out of nowhere!

Also, I kept on recognizing spots from the TMNT movies...like when Peter's doing a hand stand...that's the same place Raph yelled out "Damn!" in the first TMNT movie.

Oh and boy there sure are alot of geckos, anole lizards, and chameleons in New York City's sewers....
I saw that to! Was stan lee the janitor when spidey and lizard where fighting in the library?
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #4050
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie DBERG View Post
I saw that to! Was stan lee the janitor when spidey and lizard where fighting in the library?
That was him, alright! Pretty neat cameo. Got some cheers from the audience. I love how beloved Stan-the-man is!

Raph's Girl, it's funny you mention the first tmnt flick, as ever since we saw the first trailer, something about TASM reminded me of Baron's TMNT film. It really captures that great balance between light and dark.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #4051
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie DBERG View Post
He's listed in the credits as School Librarian.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #4052
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I saw Amazing Spider-Man. More like...AMAZING Spider-Man, right?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:05 PM   #4053
Powder
So tired of this place

Watched Lost In Translation yesterday, and Going Beserk the day before. Enjoyed them both thoroughly.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #4054
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Watching 1945's White Gorilla, which is made up mostly of stock footage from 1927's Perils of the Jungle. Gotta love the shlock that is in a Millcreek 100 movie set.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #4055
Leo656
The Franchise

People are spoiled. "Nothing special" about Spider-Man? Opinions are free, but that movie was VERY well-shot, especially the action scenes. From reading about the making of it I understand they used CGI as little as possible during the web-swinging scenes, which could explain why they look SO MUCH BETTER than the original trilogy's. I also liked the pervasive darkness that covered the entire movie; I always liked the first two movies but thought they were overly "candy-glossed".

The only thing I didn't like was how they excised the "wrestling match" sequence part of the origin. It was such a comics-accurate scene in the first, I was sad to see it go here, even though I know they couldn't well do the same scene again. At least they kept "part" of it for the inspiration of his costume... Doesn't kill the movie, though.

I thought it was really good. Some of the dialog wasn't great but the film *looked* terrific, especially the freeze-frame web-slinging on his iconic comic poses, and from reading the old books as a kid I feel they did the Lizard story fairly accurately, while tying it into the rest of the mythos. Can't wait for the sequel.

I'm hearing a lot of "2nd-Best Spidey Movie"; I'm curious which one people liked better. I liked 1 and 2 but thought all 3 had serious flaws that this one almost universally corrected, and the entire film was better-acted by everyone involved. I can see how some might be annoyed that it takes so long to see him in the suit, but I was caught up in the story to the point where I didn't care; that's something else the other films never achieved for me.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 12:19 AM   #4056
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Going to see Amazing Spiderman Sunday! Can't wait!

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #4057
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just saw ASM.

Boring is one word I can describe. The wise-cracks werent funny, the romance was bland (Gwen is, and always will be, a terrible love interest, she's famous only for dying), the fight scenes were predictable, I'd say the fights in Spider-Man 2 were superior by far (especially "The Train"). I liked that they shoed-in aspects of the wrestling to insprie the mask and costume, but the whole motivation to be Spider-Man felt...lacking...and I knew going in Uncle Ben's death would be a plotline that would play third and second filddle to the other storylines going on, and that irked me. Andrew and Emma played their roles well, it's just the script takes no risks with them.

I feel this will be like the Avengers, a passable above-average flick getting more praise than it deserves because of it's brand name.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #4058
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer

I saw asm a second time last night!!!
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:09 AM   #4059
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Oh yeah. Spider-man is a brand name. Unlike your Batman movies.

GET TWO FREE TICKETS TO DARK KNIGHT RISES WHEN YOU BUY SPECIALLY MARKED CANS OF MOUNTAIN DEW DARK!

Spider-Man was pretty awesome. I'm glad they finally decided to make a movie based on him.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:43 AM   #4060
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post

GET TWO FREE TICKETS TO DARK KNIGHT RISES WHEN YOU BUY SPECIALLY MARKED CANS OF MOUNTAIN DEW DARK!
Seriously? Free tickets for buying a cheap soda? What am I missing here?

Tags
movies