Notices

Old 06-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #101
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
my copy it looks about the same color as Mikey's mask in the arcade game

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...d367aa7539.jpg
Yeah I suppose it's a little similar to that. It caught my eye as being off because it was not the same as the bandana Mikey had just received from Splinter. I suppose I'm ready to let it go.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #102
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
looks to be a more orange yellow.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #103
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
looks to be a more orange yellow.
Quick photo of what I was talking about. Mikey's orange bandana on the right, yellow bulb to the left. Hopefully it's viewable. Slight head tilt may be required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6659.jpg (83.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-09-2017, 09:42 PM   #104
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It actually does look orange to me. Just a pale orange. But more still not quite yellow.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #105
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Quick photo of what I was talking about. Mikey's orange bandana on the right, yellow bulb to the left. Hopefully it's viewable. Slight head tilt may be required.
i had to study color temperature change in art school, as well as variations of hues and pigments.

it definitely does not look pure yellow to me

Spoiler:

it's more warm. like an orange yellow hue.

Spoiler:

not an exact orange yellow. but definitely a more warm yellow than a cool yellow.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 PM   #106
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

You know it very well could just be me. Just thought I would make an observation. I am really loving getting back into this series. I look forward to reading any TMNT I can daily. Does Splinters tail in the photo look like a tentacle at all to anyone? Also when Splinter hugged Raph after being reunited was a very touching moment, loved it.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #107
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
i had to study color temperature change in art school, as well as variations of hues and pigments.

it definitely does not look pure yellow to me

it's more warm. like an orange yellow hue.

Yeah, like a orange with yellow undertone.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #108
myconius
Abby Normal

it's all just individual perception really.

yeah that reunion scene at the end of change is constant was a really nice moment in the series.

same like when April was reunited with Splinter at the end of issue 12.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:57 PM   #109
myconius
Abby Normal

this makes for an interesting read-

skim through the Hob micro-series reading only the flashback scenes,
then right after read 'Change is Constant'.

gives a nice added layer to the story.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #110
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
this makes for an interesting read-

skim through the Hob micro-series reading only the flashback scenes,
then right after read 'Change is Constant'.

gives a nice added layer to the story.
I did something somewhat similar to that. I started off my current TMNT binge with all the villains micros and then went into reading the first twelve IDW issues. I was also intertwining the first seven Mirage issues. I would not recommend doing that.

It's like having two TVs on at once. One playing your favorite movie from back in the day and the other playing one of your current most favorite movies. Like if you tried watching Jurassic park on a TV right next to another TV playing Jurassic World.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:29 PM   #111
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So one thing I've been thinking about is...why didn't Krang try to terraform Mars?

It would have been a lot easier when you think about it. Certainly easier to add oxygen there than to reduce it on Earth, if that's what he'd need to do. He wouldn't even need the Technodrome. The biggest thing he'd need is something to melt the ice caps and stuff to grow oxygenating plants. Damage would be minimal, he probably wouldn't need to chase Honeycutt around - heck, Honeycutt would probably be far more willing to work with Krang from that perspective. He really wouldn't be hurting/killing anyone and would basically be reviving a hibernating planet.

He'd basically just a small base, some scientists, and the stuff above. And most important: A list of ways to taunt humanity for terraforming Mars first.
Heck, the Technodrome could very well have been the Martian homebase for the Utroms, pressurized for them to handle the atmosphere that would have been too thin for them (and they already breathe some pretty thin air as it is)

And on an imperial scale, it probably would have been better for him to lay low anyway. He'd basically disappear with the other Utroms, who probably wouldn't even need to be put into stasis if most of them were going to Mars with him.
It's probably because Utroms know Earth pretty well, as they've been studying it for ages, and we need a story. But there's probably be a way to weasel in that element.Like, maybe he still had (Utrom?) scientists on Earth working for him on the Martian Terraforming project, from where the mutating Ooze was developed.

Most of all, it would give him a chance to truly be better than his father, which seems to be the crux of his character.

Eh. Maybe I'll work with this in my own TMNT take...somehow.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:46 AM   #112
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So one thing I've been thinking about is...why didn't Krang try to terraform Mars?

It would have been a lot easier when you think about it. Certainly easier to add oxygen there than to reduce it on Earth, if that's what he'd need to do. He wouldn't even need the Technodrome. The biggest thing he'd need is something to melt the ice caps and stuff to grow oxygenating plants. Damage would be minimal, he probably wouldn't need to chase Honeycutt around - heck, Honeycutt would probably be far more willing to work with Krang from that perspective. He really wouldn't be hurting/killing anyone and would basically be reviving a hibernating planet.

He'd basically just a small base, some scientists, and the stuff above. And most important: A list of ways to taunt humanity for terraforming Mars first.
Heck, the Technodrome could very well have been the Martian homebase for the Utroms, pressurized for them to handle the atmosphere that would have been too thin for them (and they already breathe some pretty thin air as it is)

And on an imperial scale, it probably would have been better for him to lay low anyway. He'd basically disappear with the other Utroms, who probably wouldn't even need to be put into stasis if most of them were going to Mars with him.
It's probably because Utroms know Earth pretty well, as they've been studying it for ages, and we need a story. But there's probably be a way to weasel in that element.Like, maybe he still had (Utrom?) scientists on Earth working for him on the Martian Terraforming project, from where the mutating Ooze was developed.

Most of all, it would give him a chance to truly be better than his father, which seems to be the crux of his character.

Eh. Maybe I'll work with this in my own TMNT take...somehow.
that thing about Krang given the chance to be better than his father-

when all is said and done, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

my guess on why he chose Earth is that Krang is greedy and wanted the use of Earth's resources and technology.
he'd also save himself years from having to build new architecture on Mars.

plus him and his people would also have access to TiVo, video games and carnival rides.

these are all just my guesses though
Old 06-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #113
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Another thing I just realized:

Ma'riell take on the senior-most role of the Utroms before she knows Ch'rell was still in stasis. So why did she do it, assuming Ch'rell had been brought out? Clearly, Montuoro seems to think Ch'rell would be in charge, so...what's the deal?

Surely the Chief Science Advisor wouldn't be more powerful than a Colonel? Or maybe it is? Could it be Ch'rell being the elder sibling and being close to Krang that made Montuoro assume he'd be more senior?
Old 06-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #114
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Another thing I just realized:

Ma'riell take on the senior-most role of the Utroms before she knows Ch'rell was still in stasis. So why did she do it, assuming Ch'rell had been brought out? Clearly, Montuoro seems to think Ch'rell would be in charge, so...what's the deal?

Surely the Chief Science Advisor wouldn't be more powerful than a Colonel? Or maybe it is? Could it be Ch'rell being the elder sibling and being close to Krang that made Montuoro assume he'd be more senior?
Pretty easy to explain, in the abscence of the senior officer the next one in line takes charge until they can consult the senior officer. Basically being POWs and him remaining in stasis, she has to take charge.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:16 PM   #115
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

But she didn't know he was still in stasis until later. Montuoro even butted into her taking command as if he thought he were in stasis too.
Old 06-12-2017, 02:51 PM   #116
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
But she didn't know he was still in stasis until later. Montuoro even butted into her taking command as if he thought he were in stasis too.
Yes, I know. What if I phrase it like this instead:

Let's say your spouse is in charge of the household, they have an emergency and can't contact you. Naturally you assume they will come back eventually and just happens to be late, what do you do in the mean time?

A. Let the kids do whatever until your spouse comes home?
B. Take responsibility until your spouse comes home?

Same thing here, are they really going to wait indefinitely for their commander or is better to assume responsibility for a brief moment?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #117
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

But she should have tried to contact him once she was aware of the situation. "Well, Lorqa's dead and Krang's not here, so I better go get my brother aaaaaaand sh*t, he's still in stasis, guess I'm in charge. I want an explanation, children."

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 06-12-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #118
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Sneak peek at an upcoming Trial of Krang cover #TMNT

Spoiler:

https://twitter.com/csmitharts/statu...55056247218177
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 02:12 PM   #119
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

There's some Kevin Eastman covers out now as well

Spoiler:

Old 06-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #120
CyberCubed
Overlord

Interesting subtle hints of what's to come, Ace Duck looks cool in Eastman style. Also nice to see the Neutrinos fighting Malinga's insect army.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
idw's tmnt