The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 12-22-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
snake
Disgusting

Anyone find Luigi yet? I picked one up from Gamestop today. I love the position that he's in.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #22
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Anyone find Luigi yet? I picked one up from Gamestop today. I love the position that he's in.
His dumb planking pose is seriously the only reason I haven't gotten one yet.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:13 PM   #23
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior

I've got Link but just can't bring myself to open him. LOL. I suppose if you have the time to put in that it would take to "train" them it might be fun but they do cool things with Mario Kart too. The other day I actually ran in to a Nintendo employee at Target when I was looking for Bebop and Rocksteady. I told her I wanted a Toon Link amiibo and she showed me a picture of him. He is in the next wave with Rosalina, Bowser, Marth, and maybe Ike I think??? Toon Link, Bowser, and Rosalina are definitely in the next wave though. Toon Link looks really cool and so does Bowser. Rosalina is a Target exclusive also btw.
Old 12-23-2014, 07:01 AM   #24
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
I've got Link but just can't bring myself to open him. LOL. I suppose if you have the time to put in that it would take to "train" them it might be fun but they do cool things with Mario Kart too. The other day I actually ran in to a Nintendo employee at Target when I was looking for Bebop and Rocksteady. I told her I wanted a Toon Link amiibo and she showed me a picture of him. He is in the next wave with Rosalina, Bowser, Marth, and maybe Ike I think??? Toon Link, Bowser, and Rosalina are definitely in the next wave though. Toon Link looks really cool and so does Bowser. Rosalina is a Target exclusive also btw.
Yeah, wave 3 has a ton of exclusives. Rosalina to Target, Lucario to TRU, and Meta Knight to Best Buy. Like he wasn't going to be hard enough to find as a standard release.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #25
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

There was another manufacturing error, Marth has two swords instead of one, Its also going on sale on Ebay.
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/app.../1100-6424190/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281530181792...792%26_rdc%3D1

Old 12-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #26
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
His dumb planking pose is seriously the only reason I haven't gotten one yet.
I think it's hilarious. Actually, a jumping upright position would have been cool.
Old 12-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #27
Peanut
Second Gear

I wish he was in his "bang bang" pose, or anything other than the expressionless planking one. It's just way too weird.

The new wave was quietly released here in Canada this morning, totally without warning. I didn't realize until about 11, but I don't think most people realized. I checked a few spots online and noticed a Walmart close to me was showing Captain Falcon and Pit were available in limited quantity. I hit that place immediately and managed to snag the lone Pit, Luigi and last two Captain Falcon's - one for me and one for my nephew. Something tells me Pit is going to be the tough get for this wave, as he's even been removed from most retailers online stores, which makes me debate opening him, as I have for the rest of my Amiibo. I'll probably play it safe and keep him sealed until I find another one.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #28
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I wish he was in his "bang bang" pose, or anything other than the expressionless planking one. It's just way too weird.

The new wave was quietly released here in Canada this morning, totally without warning. I didn't realize until about 11, but I don't think most people realized. I checked a few spots online and noticed a Walmart close to me was showing Captain Falcon and Pit were available in limited quantity. I hit that place immediately and managed to snag the lone Pit, Luigi and last two Captain Falcon's - one for me and one for my nephew. Something tells me Pit is going to be the tough get for this wave, as he's even been removed from most retailers online stores, which makes me debate opening him, as I have for the rest of my Amiibo. I'll probably play it safe and keep him sealed until I find another one.
Lucky you! Pit is probably the one I want the most outside of Megaman and I doubt I'll get him.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #29
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well, I f-cked up by underestimating scalpers in Mexico. I went to a store and saw tons (at least 4 of each) of WFT/Vill./Marth among the others and it was that very day that the news broke out and I read online about as I got home that they might be discontinued, but at that time it was still early rumors and I really didn't feel like going back there again and didn't expect them to sell out here and it didn't matter since I already had them pre-oredered at BigBadToyStore months before to avoid the hassle of searching for them here not to mention Amiibo's cost around $20USD here. Later that week I got a notification that they were cancelling my pre-orders for those 3, I was mad so I cancelled all my other pre-orders as well since the peso lost value the past few weeks and it was actually now cheaper to buy them here for $20. I went to the store and they were all gone. Now I don't know if I should import them or just wait for a re-release, I really don't think Nintendo will not print another batch of them but with that company you never know. I know its my fault but many times "rare" things in the US just shelfwarm here, heck I keep reading that Pikmin 3/Super Luigi U are rare in the US but here you can find it in stores without problems, of course here the normal retail price for games is about $80 making it not as worth it to scalp.

We haven't gotten Wave 2 or 3 until January I think but I don't see many stores ordering them since they all have a ton of Mario/Peach/Kirby/Pikachu. You can find Samus somewhat easily, Fox is really rare and so is Link, I can't remember last time I saw him. All the exclusives from the US appear to be released here as normal figures though.

Quote:
Well counting its the fourth smash bros game I understand they went with more "dynamic" poses for the characters that they've done trophies in the past few games, the problem is that we're now stuck with non-iconic poses for the amiibo's. I'm sure we'll see Mario/Luigi amiibo's for other games so I'm thinking about waiting for a more iconic pose for them, and I like the Mario figure but I don't have space for 6 different Mario amiibo's, so if I want to have more than one mario amiibo then at least they all have to be iconic in some way. What sucks is characters like Captain Falcon probably won't get the chance at another amiibo so I'll have to get that one (which is fine just not a normal iconic CF look)
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:54 AM   #30
monsterocket
Random Punk

Oh man, I really want the villager amiibo... so cute.
monsterocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 09:31 PM   #31
snake
Disgusting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5jWStR3AHQ

F*ck this guy.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:46 AM   #32
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Video's blocked by the age resriction. (don't have a YouTube account) Is it that guy who spent a ton of money on Rosalina? Man, what an idiot. She was already going to be hard to find. And if he does it again with ZSS I'm going to be pissed.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #33
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

No, it's just mariotehplumber being himself.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:46 PM   #34
Peanut
Second Gear

So, has anyone found any Wave 3 or planning on how to get any?

Just a reminder this is what Wave 3 consists of -

Old 01-27-2015, 12:47 PM   #35
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
I have a friend of a cousin who works at Gamestop. He helped me get a pit, so I'm sure I'll be able to secure Megaman.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:05 PM   #36
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well they restocked here in Mexico along with Wave 2, I actually thought I had already missed Wave 2 and went for Wave 3 only to find they were stocking 2...I finally got all the Wave 1 figures sans Marth/Villager/WFT/Mario/Peach the first three for obvious reasons and Mario/Peach because I prefer the more iconic look of the Mario Party ones even though I really like them. I was only able to find one Link in a store and in another I finally found Samus and they only had two, those were hard to come by, Fox I am glad I bought back in November since I haven't seen him around. From series 2 Luigi is everywhere and no one wants him, I was able to slowly find Diddy/Zelda Of course no sign of C. Falcon/Pit/Little Mac but I got to the mentality that I don't even like the characters that much and Nintendo is making collecting them more of a hassle than fun, decided to check one final store and it had 3 Little Macs, 3 Pits and 1 C.Falcon. I actually didn't notice C. Falcon at first, because of that I was able to get the best painted versions of those two, then a scalper came and asked the clerk for the two Little Macs, two Pits and the one C. Falcon. The employee had no idea who the characters are of course so when I heard C. Falcon I looked for it and grabbed it, before the clerk knew what was going on, the scalper was furious and threatened to kick my ass, but I just claimed ignorance that I knew he wanted it and we ended up calling a manager and I won the battle and kept my C. Falcon.

So I have no idea when to expect Wave 3 here or if I'll be as lucky. I might just order from play-asia to secure them. I want Lucario, DeDeDe, Meta Knight, Mega Man, Sonic, Toon Link and Bowser. Mario Party Bowser is not bad so if I miss Bowser I'm ok with that but I definitely want the rest. Unsure if I want Shulk and Rosalina though. Never played Xenoblade but I would hate it if I end up becoming a huge fan of the game and I don't care much about Rosalina though she has become a "main" character in the last few years...Hopefully Nintendo re-releases Villager/WFT along with Marth but with Nintendo you never know.

It's gotten really expensive but the way I see it I'm literally getting all the figures I want right now since Smash Bros. is literally the "Nintendo all-stars" toyline and I won't be getting many amiibo's after that. I like them a lot and prefer them over the Nintendo Figma/Figuarts collection which I'll actually be selling now, I just don't have the space for them and keep them in one pose so I prefer amiibo's. I also like the new ways Nintendo is using amiibo's, I never cared for the stupid amiibo figuter in Smash but getting customes in MK8, a board on MP10 etc are all more interesting things for me.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:18 PM   #37
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:

Just a reminder this is what Wave 3 consists of -

http://www.destructoid.com/ul/285700...e%203-620x.jpg
It's not February yet.

Going to Gamestop tomorrow to try and secure something. I'm mainly after Sonic and Megaman, but I have enough to afford two more.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:40 PM   #38
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
It's not February yet.

Going to Gamestop tomorrow to try and secure something. I'm mainly after Sonic and Megaman, but I have enough to afford two more.
Dates don't matter with Amiibo. Wave 3a were available as early as last week and there's a lot pointing to a bunch more hitting on the 30th of January. The Nintendo World Store in NYC was selling all their available Wave 3a's and some of the store exclusives today in fact. As for Sonic and Mega Man, I believe they've both been delayed until later mid-February sometime. And good luck if you're attempting to preorder, because those have been shut down for most of January just about everywhere.

I think I have the majority of Wave 3 sorted. Amazon finally updated my preorders with the exception of Mega Man. Ike, Dedede, Toon Link, Shiek and Bowser are all supposed to hit me Feb 1st. Metaknight (from Best Buy) and Shulk (from EB) have dates of the 28th and 30th on my orders, so hopefully those start moving this week. My Sonic is dated for the 19th from Amazon, but Mega Man still doesn't have a date. I'm not too worried now that the rest all got updated delivery though, as I ordered them all day one. I'm gonna hit TRU on the 30th for Lucario.

Rosalina is still the huge question mark in Canada because of Target sh*tting the bed. I hope we've seen the end of retailer exclusive Amiibo.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #39
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

Quote:
I hope we've seen the end of retailer exclusive Amiibo.
Isn't Shulk exclusive to Gamestop and Meta Knight to Best Buy?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:34 PM   #40
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
I'm gonna hit TRU on the 30th for Lucario.
Is Lucario TRU exclusive? Because I really want one, but I don't live near anything other than a gamestop and walmart. I really want Metaknight too, but I know I don't have a chance there.

I got Bowser at Gamestop today.

Tags
amiibo, peanut