The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #21
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Yeah, to each their own. I'm sure we'd agree on other Spidey stories.

Now, what I would like is for Dan to hop of Spider-Man and take charge of IDW TMNT.
Probably a big pay cut, but if it balances out with other work...
God damn, what is wrong with you?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Also, as much as I love Dan's work on TMNT, I'm totally glad he left when he did. Assumig that it was to make room for Image comic's TMNT.
There is literally no way that can be true.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #23
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The current RYV series is better than the one Slott wrote.
Really enjoyed every enjoyed issue #5 and it's one of the few current marvel books I'm reading.

Odd choice to have the first three issues be the same story told from different perspectives, in such a crowded market place.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 05:25 PM   #24
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
God damn, what is wrong with you?
Look, I think the current team does a really great job but most of the stories they're telling just aren't grabbing me. Love the concepts but I find the scripting to be weak in comparison. Dan is fumbling on Spider-Man lately but he has shown in the past that he can tell fantastic stories.

Given a little more breathing room, which, despite how hands on Nickelodeon may be, tmnt probably still allows more of than Amazing Spider-Man, I think he could come up with some really fun and inventI've twists for tmnt. A fresh book would probably inspire him and he did good work on the archie series.

Andrew, I hear you. Would have helped if I read the whole thread before responding.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:52 PM   #25
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

I kind of hope that new account is actually Dan Slott's, even with all the controversy surrounding his work. It's always nice getting to ask questions to people who've worked on past TMNT projects, he could provide some interesting and new information.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:34 AM   #26
AquaParade
Banned

So, Dan confirmed on CBR that he did indeed join this forum but it won't let him post! Blast!

How can we fix this?
Old 04-30-2017, 10:59 AM   #27
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
So, Dan confirmed on CBR that he did indeed join this forum but it won't let him post! Blast!

How can we fix this?
A moderator has to approve of all registered members, however I don't know if its something Krang or Shredder have to do or if a mini-moderator like Jester or Machias are able to do. Unfortunately it has been a few days between actual registration and aporoved to post. When approved of he needs the green lsttering to identify creator.

I had no idea that miniseries after Adventures abrupt end was written by Dan Slott and was meant to be an ongoing volume. Cool find of the week.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:22 AM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks for the information Aqua.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Dan actually wanting to reply in a thread I created...it blows my mind too considering we haven't gotten on lately

If he gets approved, I'll probably shoot him a visitor message, last time I spoke to him directly was on my personal blog a year or so ago when he came over to call me deceitful and clarify that he didn't read any fanfiction I wrote (I had a theory that he had at one point...long story)

I'd love to patch up with him, even if we'll probably never really see eye to eye on how he handles Spider-Man, I do respect him for his accomplishments with the franchise and early work.

Anyhoo...if he's seeing this, welcome and behave yourself
ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:18 PM   #29
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Now, what I would like is for Dan to hop of Spider-Man and take charge of IDW TMNT.
i think Dan Slott is just fine where he is.....

...writing a comic series i dropped long ago.
Old 04-30-2017, 02:49 PM   #30
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:

How can we fix this?
The forum runner Krang is the only one in power to enable his account privileges but as most know, they've been a ghost here for ages now. Between his scarcity & that he's had to be very careful about verifying newly registered users given the problem we've had with banned users coming back en masse, it could well be months until Krang gets to it.

Machias might be able to get Krang to do it in the relative now if anyone feels like contacting the staff.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:04 PM   #31
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

Sorry guys, as much as I'd like to, Krang is still the only one in charge of approving new accounts.

Year of the Turtle initially broke my heart when I first read it (I think I was in middle school?), but the art style was very nice. It'd be great to have Don join our community...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:09 PM   #32
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Today I read the three issues for the first time. Found an avatar suggestion for when/if Dan starts posting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6394.jpg (92.7 KB, 39 views)
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:13 PM   #33
Dan Slott
New Recruit

Hi.
Took me forever to get approved onto this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
lol... that's... not what happened at all.
That's exactly what happened. It wasn't done under marching orders from Image. It was done more as a courtesy to readers of the Archie run.
We wanted to end on a clean slate continuity-wise and not have Turtles abruptly end at Archie with dangling plots points.

If Archie had not lost the license, the book would have continued on as a monthly with that same writing and art team. And I would have gotten to follow those story lines and subplots. That was the intent when I plotted the first issue, but by the time it came to script it, we knew that like-it-or-not, #3 would be the last, so we put out what would have been the first arc as a self-contained mini-series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Really? Dan caught in another lie? Perish the thought
Hi, David. I'd be very interested in hearing what my other lies have been. I think I've been straight forward and honest with my dealings with you online. I'm sorry I've written stories you haven't enjoyed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Absolute nonsense.
Ha! Thanks. Everyone on the Superior Spider-Man team had a fun time working on the book. Thanks for sticking up for it. (Sounds really weird w/o the context of the previous post you were calling "absolute nonsense".)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
Superior is quality work...
Cheers, sir.

Quote:
Yeah, Superior Spider-Man was a blast to follow monthly and does a nice job pointing out what makes Peter Parker special to Dan.
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Today I read the three issues for the first time. Found an avatar suggestion for when/if Dan starts posting.
Ye Gods. I think I drew that... way back when at the dawn of time.
Dan Slott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #34
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
That's exactly what happened. It wasn't done under marching orders from Image. It was done more as a courtesy to readers of the Archie run.
We wanted to end on a clean slate continuity-wise and not have Turtles abruptly end at Archie with dangling plots points.

If Archie had not lost the license, the book would have continued on as a monthly with that same writing and art team. And I would have gotten to follow those story lines and subplots. That was the intent when I plotted the first issue, but by the time it came to script it, we knew that like-it-or-not, #3 would be the last, so we put out what would have been the first arc as a self-contained mini-series.
I don't get it. What does any of that have to do with Image?

The Image series (TMNT Vol. 3), which was B&W, was a direct continuation from Mirage's Vol. 2, which was in color. Mirage Vol. 1 and 2 were being published simultaneously next to the Archie TMNT stuff for years. Why would Archie, at the end of many years of publishing their TMNT book side-by-side with the Mirage TMNT book, suddenly care about "the other book"?

Do you mean, Archie wanted the Archie book to kind of... salt the earth around it on the way out, so TMNT fans going to the store to buy Image TMNT #1 wouldn't accidentally think they're picking up the latest issue of the Archie stuff? Like that? I don't get the motivation.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:46 PM   #35
Dan Slott
New Recruit

It wasn't so that there'd be a continuation point for Image.
It was so there would be an END point for Archie.
Archie lost the rights to do further Turtles stories.
I was told it would ALL go over to Image.
We were wrapping up so that there'd be a clean ending for Archie/Turtles fan without any dangling plot points or subplots.
That's all.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:59 PM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
It wasn't so that there'd be a continuation point for Image.
It was so there would be an END point for Archie.
Archie lost the rights to do further Turtles stories.
I was told it would ALL go over to Image.
We were wrapping up so that there'd be a clean ending for Archie/Turtles fan without any dangling plot points or subplots.
That's all.
Oh, I see. But it wasn't that "ALL (would) go over to Image"... it just stopped going at all at Archie. Image was just carrying the baton handed to it from Mirage at the end of Vol. 2.

I'm glad that Archie got that modicum of an ending, as it was.
Old 07-14-2017, 03:12 PM   #37
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It's Dan Freaking Slott! Sorry, about the registration issue. The site creator has nearly faded away.

I wondered as an elementary school student, why the cancellation of the final arc in TMNT Adventures and the different continuity of Year of The Turtle? It is interesting to note that the series was not a mini, but an ongoing.

What were intentions with the three henchmen Cyberius, T.K. O, and Psonic? Did you have origins for the characters or an idea as to why they were working for The Shredder? Did you have any plans for other characters ranging from Bebop and Rocksteady to Casey Jones, or other notable enemies and alliess?

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 07-14-2017 at 04:00 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #38
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm glad that Archie got that modicum of an ending, as it was.
It didn't provide any closure, but it was a pretty nice sendoff in its own way. I like those "there's always another adventure" kinda endings, even if we already new their future was bleek anyway. YOTT was very solid.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 04:29 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord

I love that it had some sort of final showdown with Shredder, that's where the closure came from. Before that Shredder's last appearance was getting washed away by a flood in the future with Armaggon/Rat King.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:49 PM   #40
Dan Slott
New Recruit

Hi. Again, it wasn't meant to be closure for ALL of Archie/Turtles comics continuity.

The first issue was being drawn, the second issue was plotted, and the third issue had been planned.

The intention was for this to be the opening arc for a whole new Turtles monthly-- and there were going to be big status quo changes (like, for instance, Splinter turned back into a man). We were setting up new, original villains. And there was a lot more in the works.

But part way through, we found out that Archie lost the license. Issue three was going to wrap up our first arc, but there were going to be many massive changes that would keep playing out and lead to more stories, subplots, and ongoing drama. THAT all had to be wrapped up-- or it wouldn't be fair to the regular Archie/Turtles readers.

We didn't want to end with plot threads and subplots that would never be resolved. THAT'S the closure I'm talking about. For example, we let the reader know in Chapter 3 that Splinter was slowly reverting back to rat-form and would be returned to his regular status quo. Things like that.

If the book HAD remained a monthly, we wouldn't have tied that up right away.

Tags
archie comics, cancelled media, crazy freemason attitude