The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 04:33 PM   #401
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

Seeing Mandalorians getting dusted makes me smile. I just can't stand anything to do with that planet. Seems though as a trade-off we might get more...ah well. More Rebels is fine with me. I too am interested in what becomes of Kanan and Ezra.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:24 AM   #402
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:58 AM   #403
Vegita-San
Emperor

this could be the last good star wars we get. and even it isn't as good as the clone wars.

i wouldn't be shocked if they find a way to phase out filoni too..
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:57 PM   #404
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Unrelated news, but it looks like Lucasfilm is getting ready to produce another Star Wars series after Rebels ends: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/s...re/391/6872423

Also the series finale will be 90-minutes and Ian McDiarmid is confirmed to voice the Emperor: http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/19/star-war...ailer-emperor/

Old 01-19-2018, 01:01 PM   #405
CyberCubed
Overlord

Would love to finally get a cartoon about Luke/Han/Leia in the 30 year gap between Episode 6 and 7. I feel like they can't put that off forever.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:19 PM   #406
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Cool. More of the Mortis gods.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:30 AM   #407
CyberCubed
Overlord

Finally caught up on all the episodes, can't wait for the last 7 episodes. All I hope is Ahsoka appears one more time before this show ends, in the finale hopefully.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #408
sdp
-

I stopped in season 2 because it's all that had completely aired by the time Rogue One came out, I thought I"d watch S3 after Ep.VIII but since that movie left such a bad taste I didn't. Maybe if the Han Solo movie hypes me up I'll plow through S3 and 4.

Sad that it haad such a short run but oh well, S1 and 2 were very different, I preferred the S1 treatment myself but oh well.

I'd rather they wait on a show set between the OT and the Sequel Trilogy since Lucasfilm is a mess right now, maybe in a few years they get their sh-t together. So yeah I hope the new show isn't set anywhere near the OT, now that is what's going to heal the wounds left by the ST.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:29 AM   #409
CyberCubed
Overlord

Season 3 was excellent. Probably some of the best Star Wars entertainment I've ever watched, and that says a lot given the high quality of Clone Wars and some Season 2 episodes.

As I said with 1.5x speed, I started watching Clone Wars on February 5th, I watched the CG movie and all 6 seasons and 120 episodes. Then I watched the prequel trilogy, then went on to Star Wars rebels and watched all of Seasons 1-4.

I went from barely seeing anything of these shows to watching everything in the span of two weeks. Now there's only 7 new episodes left and the series is over.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:43 PM   #410
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Finally caught up on all the episodes, can't wait for the last 7 episodes. All I hope is Ahsoka appears one more time before this show ends, in the finale hopefully.
I'd be shocked and pretty disappointed if we didn't get some type of closure on Ahsoka.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #411
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I'd be shocked and pretty disappointed if we didn't get some type of closure on Ahsoka.
My fear is they'll save her closure for novels/comics and not do anything in the series. Which I hope not, more people are likely to watch the show than pick up a comic these days. It still bugs me one of Darth Maul's stories from Clone Wars was only done in comic form and not in episodes.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #412
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
My fear is they'll save her closure for novels/comics and not do anything in the series. Which I hope not, more people are likely to watch the show than pick up a comic these days. It still bugs me one of Darth Maul's stories from Clone Wars was only done in comic form and not in episodes.
I think Filoni said in an interview that questions about Ahsoka's fate would be answered in the show.

I hate that there are multiple story arcs from Clone Wars that will never see the light of day particularly the one with Ahsoka and Maul that took place right before Episode III. At least the Darth Maul comic arc was told in another medium. It's better than nothing.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #413
CyberCubed
Overlord

What I don't get is why can't they animate these now? Disney has billions of dollars, they know fans want to see some of these stories animated.

Especially now that Rebels is ending, they won't have to do production of another show at the same time. It makes sense to go back and do a "lost season" of Clone Wars or simply title it Season 7 and finish what they planned.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:02 PM   #414
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just watched today's episodes, the first one was good and shocking, especially if the main character doesn't come back.

All this stuff with the wolves is weird as hell though, feels so unlike Star Wars.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:56 PM   #415
sdp
-

Quote:
What I don't get is why can't they animate these now? Disney has billions of dollars, they know fans want to see some of these stories animated.

Especially now that Rebels is ending, they won't have to do production of another show at the same time. It makes sense to go back and do a "lost season" of Clone Wars or simply title it Season 7 and finish what they planned.

Disney didn't care about Clone Wars and was going to cancel the season that was already in production. It was only because the producers of the show convinced them to let them finish the ones that were nearly finished and I think Netflix might've also foot the bill for those. So yeah, not only did they not continue, they cancelled something the season that was already being worked on.

That's actually already called "the lost season" You can also find not only finished scripts (like the Maul comic you mentioned) but also fully voiced animatics of episodes that weren't made. It's a shame really, I think if Lucas hadn't sold Lucasfilm we would've easily gotten 10 seasons of Clone Wars and I believe the writers had already planned/made rough drafts/ideas of like 2 or 3 more seasons beyond the one that was still in production.

For Lucas this was a pet project and before the show even began he always said it would be "at least 100 episodes" and he put his own money on the show which is why the CG and didn't care if it didn't make any money. This is also why there is a downgrade in the quality of the CG between Clone Wars and since Disney wanted the show done for cheap and have it be profitable.

The fact that most of the people from Clone Wars had now moved to Rebels is the only reason we even got any continuation of some storylines and closure for most characters.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 12:12 AM   #416
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Spoiler:
RIP Kanan. At least he went out in an awesome way.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:40 AM   #417
CyberCubed
Overlord

The sad fate of Star Wars characters is you know almost everyone is doomed at some point. Except C-3P0 and R2D2, they'll probably survive another generation.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:36 PM   #418
Vegita-San
Emperor

Not a bad set of episodes.

Not sure what they where trying to do with the 'flirting' between price and hera, but it sure felt out of place in the episode.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:08 AM   #419
JH24
Hench Mutant

"Jedi Night" was so amazingly well done. One of the best episodes in the entire series. Man, that ending, and when Kanan/Caleb
Spoiler:
got his sight back just before he died so he could see Hera one more time...
It really gave me chills.

"Dume" was a good episode but didn't really capture my attention as much. Thrawn's scene with Pryce was amazing. His voice actor does such a fantastic job with his character.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:22 PM   #420
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Well that was a very interesting episode. I knew Filoni wouldn't kill her yet.

Nice touch including Rey and Kylo's voices with Yoda, Obi-Wan, Leia, etc.