The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 05-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #2781
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciro View Post
came back quickly to say.
NO DUBSTEP.
not sure where that came from.
Thanks for letting us know, dude.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 11:08 PM   #2782
Stingray69
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Bottling sewage is dumb.
Don't act like you wouldn't snag a bottle.

Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:06 AM   #2783
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior

I'm glad to hear the creative team isn't too keen on bringing back Bebop & Rocksteady. I loved them in the OT. It was great to see them in Turtles Forever and a little nod in the IDW books, but I'd almost prefer to leave them in the OT continuity.

These little snippets of info are great but I NEED to see more!!
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #2784
Chris
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I also find it really strange that they're not using Bebop or Rocksteady. You'd think Nick would jump at the chance to bring back already established characters that were popular with kids for nearly a decade.
Well to put it in perspective they also skirted the question of Karai as well (in fact based on the answer they gave if we hadn’t already heard Kelly Hu is voicing her I would have thought she wasn’t planned to be in the show yet) so don’t that this as a definitive 100% “they aren’t going to be in the show”!

Plus we already know they’re holding some characters (Casey) back for later seasons, this could just as easily be the same for Bebop and Rocksteady. It doesn’t make sense to use ALL the fan favourite characters in the first year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Thanks for sharing what you saw during the event, Chris. Sounds like it was a great time over there.
No worries! It was an amazing event, well worth the trip to London. Everyone seemed to have a great time and enjoy the footage as well. When I was queuing for Kevin’s signing I talked to some other fans and every one of them was positive about the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I saw that happening.
Yes, Mikey is going to play the main comic relief role out of the 4 brothers, but he’s also much more than that. They specifically said that he’ll deliver the punches as well as the punchlines. Both Kevin and Rich said that Mikey is, for them, the stand out character in the show (but Kevin’s favourite is still Raph!) and the footage seemed to bear this out as the audience loved Mikey.

Quote:
Predictable...and boring. Not that we need to create some new villain but I seriously hope he isn't in almost every episode. This is of course if I can stand watching every episode, that remains to be seen.
Yes Shredder is going to be the main villain (no surprise there) but they did note how rich the Turtles’ mythology is and they plan to use as much of it as possible. Baxter, Leatherhead and Rat King were all mentioned as villains and they also hinted at Triceratons. So I really wouldn’t worry about this show being as repetitive as the 80s.

Quote:
Wow that's a pretty terrible reason. It's much better to put hormonal teens of the opposite sex together. Given this generation it wouldn't matter if they're turtles or not. Everyone's open to everything these days. Course the issue will never come up, except in deviate art fan fiction, but still. They don't need to lie. They could just say the real reason is to try and draw in some girls and make April less like their surrogate mother.
I’m pretty sure it was Rich that said this not Kevin, but there was a LOT to take in during the panel so I could be mistaken.

And they actually did say that part of the reason for the change was to make April more relatable to their audience (they even joked they don’t get many 30 something reporters watching the show). They wanted her to be more involved in the Turtles world and felt it was better for her to be their peer rather than an adult. It was the same reason they changed Splinter - they wanted him to be younger and more physical so he could be more active in the show, taking on Shredder and being a Sensei to the Turtles. They said they didn’t want the TMNT to be perfect and fully trained straight from the start, they want them to have room to grow.

Quote:
I think this version is unlike any other we've seen, at the same time, i feel it is the closest we will ever see any ninja turtle show be.
This is very similar to something that Kevin said yesterday. When he was asked about the Michael Bay movie and whether the alien origins would affect the show (they won’t) he spoke about the various reboots the TMNT have had over the years, specifically mentioning 2K3, IDW, Nick and the upcoming movie, saying that they all updated the concept and made changes (he noted that IDW had changed the origin as well) but at the same time they all stayed true to the heart of TMNT. He wished he could tell us more because he’s seen a load of really cool stuff, but said that we wouldn’t be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyt Kaliba View Post
The panel, as well as you yourself, are in the UK, right? So does that mean the show is due just there in October and the US can expect it sooner, or is it October for all of us?
No date was given for the US launch of the show, but I’m pretty confident that you’ll get it first! I’d guess at August/September, but that’s just based on the US toy launch and UK TV launch dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Don't act like you wouldn't snag a bottle.
Wish mine had been an empty bottle! There was one bottle hidden that had a scroll in it rather than water and that lucky person won a prize. They never confirmed what it was, but the rumour was that they got to hang out back stage with Kevin and Rich after the panel!

Gonna write up everything else I can remember now! Back soon!

Last edited by Chris; 05-27-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 01:31 AM   #2785
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior

Quote:
came back quickly to say.
NO DUBSTEP.
not sure where that came from.
Do you know when Nickelodeon will release new trailers of TMNT show in public? Show starts in about 4-5 months and we dont even have a trailer yet!
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 03:09 AM   #2786
PAAATE
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 View Post
Do you know when Nickelodeon will release new trailers of TMNT show in public? Show starts in about 4-5 months and we dont even have a trailer yet!
Like that's something unusual for cable. Calm down.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 AM   #2787
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

I got to go to the panel yesterday too and can only echo pretty much everything else that has been said so far. I have addde some pictures below too although as previosuly mentioned, they didn't allow photography int he event itself. They had a lot of their own cameras so I assume it will all show up online at some point on their own site.

It was great that Nickelodeon made such a big effort for UK fans - it was very much appreciated.

From what they showed it did look really nice. There wasn't actually that much footage shown and it was really 2 trailers, one which was more of a "Making of" that focussed on behind the scenes and the other that was a montage of scenes based around the Turtles being attacked by The Foot and some Kraang aliens.The animation looked a bit jerky at times although I think this could have been the projector/computers they were using.

Other points that I remember to add to what has already been said:

Shredder will be a proper evil villain not the bumbling idiot from the early cartoon series. Some ongoing plotline about an ongoing rivalry between Shredder and Splinter was also hinted at. Plus the possibility of seeing Splinter vs. Shredder.

Again it was hinted that mutagen ooze would be an ongoing plot point as both Baxter Stockman and Leatherhead were said to be featuring.

The party wagon had a new name (I forget what) and will actually be an old rail-road car that Donny converts to use regular road wheels as well as train track wheels.

The action figures I saw in the stand are nice but seemed unfinished somehow - maybe it's just me mentally comparing them to the prototypes? They are also smaller than I imagined although the Sound FX range are bigger.

Was also great to meet Kevin Eastman - he's such a nice guy. He wanted to spend a decent amount of time with everyone and given the size of the queue he could have been signing for well over the planned 2 hours! (I was fortunate the be 10th in line so only had to wait 45 minutes!) Got a couple of pages of nice concept/sketch artwork too.

I have a few more pictures on my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/cheesebrush

Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:14 AM   #2788
Powder
So tired of this place

Awesome art hauls. Can't wait to see what those old vs. new pieces are based on, if anything. The nerve of Playmates to display those unreleased comic figures though. Some obvious signs of butthurt regarding the NECA situation, if you ask me.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:26 AM   #2789
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Awesome art hauls. Can't wait to see what those old vs. new pieces are based on, if anything. The nerve of Playmates to display those unreleased comic figures though. Some obvious signs of butthurt regarding the NECA situation, if you ask me.
It was only once I got home that I realised I didn't actually know what the old vs new turtles art was actually used for (or going to be used for)! Kevin had told me it he produced 4 concepts and one was then chosen to be turned into the final cover - I just forgot to ask what the cover was actually for! (I didn't want to monopolise too much of his time so others behind me stood a chance of getting something signed sometime before Christmas!)

I don't follow the various toy lines too closely so didn't realise there were un-released figures on display although I did think at the time when I saw them I didn't recall there being a Class Comic Book range released in 2010 as I would have bought them had I seen them!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #2790
Chris
Mad Scientist

First a quick disclaimer, there was a LOT to take in yesterday. The hour just flew by, so if I miss something or say Kevin said something Rich said (or vice versa) then I’m really sorry! I’m trying to remember dialogue but I just know that any quotes I post won’t be perfect, so again, sorry for that.

Ok, so the first thing of the day was to pick up the special VIP passes. There were loads of Nick staff on hand in TMNT shirts (just black t-shirts with the logo on but man I really wanted one!). Our passes had Raph on them, Mike was for Press, Leo was for Corporate and Don as for Staff. Entering the main hall there were loads of Foot Ninjas holding signs directing you to the main theatre where the panel was to take place. When I got there it was about 10:30 and they said th queue would start at 11, so I had a quick look around the Nick booth which was mostly just the new toys (and the display of all the “standard” Leo figures from the original through to the unreleased 25th Anniversary comic version). They had a photo booth as well where you could put on TMNT bandanas and take silly pictures which was good for a laugh.

Going into the main theatre, it was great to see all the chairs laid out with free TMNT goodies. The main screen had a clip on repeat (almost like a screen saver) that was just NYC backgrounds (nothing from the actual show) in blue, red, orange and purple hues, occasionally we’d get the hash tag #NickTurtles and the logo. Nick had guys there taping the panel and they came round recording us putting on our bandanas and making hero poses which was fun to watch. They warmed the crowd up having us shout out “I love being a turtle” and did the obligatory please turn off mobiles/recording devices “or a ninja will come and get you”. Then they brought out Nick Senior VP Rich Magallanes and, to massive applause, Kevin Eastman.

They talked briefly about their backgrounds and were asked why they thought the TMNT had endured so well and were so popular. Both said it was about the characters, and Kevin said the visuals were very important as well. Kevin reflected on creating the Turtles, saying that they really didn’t think they’d even sell the first issue. He and Peter Laird just wrote a comic that they would want to read. The moderator commented on how diverse some of the original stories were (from dinosaurs to outer space) and Kevin said it just all came back to what they were interested in and what they wanted to read, they liked Star Wars so they did the space arc, they wanted to do a car chase so they did one in #3, etc.

The moderator asked if they had a favourite turtle (he even asked Kevin if he was allowed to have one as it must be like choosing between his kids). Rich said Mikey, Kevin said Raph, but said that he absolutely loves Mikey in the new show.

They then started the slide show. The first slide just had some bullet points about the show;

Focus on brothers relationship/sibling rivalry
First time they’ve been to the surface
CG/Anime

There were a few more but I can’t remember right now. They said that a big thing for them was making them teenage brothers, noting how several previous versions had them looking very muscular and not really like teenagers. Rich said the muscle is still there but they wanted them to be more like high school gymnast in size. It was said that this also gave them room to evolve the TMNT over the series as they grow up (whether or not this will happen is another matter). They wanted them to have a true brotherly relationship, with all the comradery and rivalry that comes with that.

It will be CG but it will have anime influences (like emoticons). Rich commented on how every time Nick does a new CG show they want to push the boundaries. They did this on TMNT and then pushed it again as they felt it still wasn’t enough. Kevin was asked if he’d seen any footage and he said he’d seen it at pretty much every stage (he loves being involved and seeing the process and how it evolves) and he said he loved it. He commented on the depth of the backgrounds, saying how when they’re running across rooftops the city can stretch up to 20 blocks into the background.

They also commented on how they all want this to be the best possible series. They even got a Ninja master in to help choreograph the moves. Their storyboard artists would go down to the dojo and record him going through sequences and combinations then come back and board from the video.

Next up were character slides for the 4 Turtles. Each of these had a quote on them.

Leonardo - “Heroes don’t ask for permission”

The first thing commented on was the quote. Leo sees himself as the leader and they’ve given him a cheesy sci-fi show, like Star Trek, that he loves and he wants to be the Captain Kirk figure, which is why he’ll come out with lines like “Heroes don’t ask for permission”. He actually is a great leader but he’s not got the experience and can be too enthusiastic about it so he makes mistakes. This again comes back to making the characters believable as teenagers, he’s not perfect and has room to grow.

Raphael - “Raise some shell”

Not sure if that quote is right or not. Raph is still the hothead of the group. Kevin was asked if growing up he was more the “want to be the leader” guy like Leo or the hothead like Raph, and he said he was definitely more like Raph.

Michelangelo

I can’t remember Mikey’s quote at all, which is annoying me as it was pretty funny. Mikey will still be the most comic relief of the group, but they stressed he would deliver the goods in the fights as well. They said Mikey is the most inventive of the TMNT and he can often be the one who gets them out of tough spots.

Donatello - “Think you shellbrain”

Donatello is the inventor of the group. They commented on the gap in his teeth, joking he probably smacked himself in the face with his staff in training. They then talked about how they differentiated the look of the TMNT with them all being slightly different shades of green, different heights, different builds, Don’s gap in his teeth, the crack on Raph’s chest (“no doubt from one of his famous brawls”). Don will have a crush on April that the others will tease him about.

They then introduced the cast, saying who was playing each of the Turtles. Kevin spoke about how when you’re casting you always have an idea in your head of how they should be and when he heard the cast he thought they were perfect for the roles. Again Mikey was singled out with Kevin saying he’s never met anyone who embodied Mikey as much as Greg Cipes.

Next they played a short teaser showing behind the scenes of the series. There was a lot of sketches and shots that shot by too quick to really take in, the guys at Nick talking about working on the show and how much they were fans of the TMNT. Then they played an “old” teaser. It began with a shot of an NYC manhole before panning up to the rooftops and the 4 Turtles. Leo said something along the lines of “Remember what Sensei said, don’t fight against the machine, fight the man inside the machine!” Then they leap down to the street. There are some solo shots of each turtle doing a few moves with their weapons out (there was some dialogue here but I can’t remember it all), quick shots of them running across the rooftops (I swear I saw Splinter with them in one shot) as the sun sets in the background, a night shot of Mickey running across a roof yelling “missiles, missiles, missiles, missiles!”, jumping a box and running up a water tower to flip off the top as the missiles fly under him and hit the water tower. Pretty sure it ended on a group shot of the TMNT. Some of this was re-used in the longer clip later on so I may be confusing it a bit.

The crowd loved it, massive cheers and applause. The show looks really good in motion and the voice acting was good.

The slide show continued with the supporting cast.

Splinter. They noted that he is younger and taller. He will be more actively involved than in the past. He will be fighting Shredder, “Shredder is coming for Splinter right from episode one”. They also want him to be more of a Sensei to the Turtles. No mention was made about any daughter. His CG image looked much better than the figure seen at Toy Fair (and at the Nick booth outside the theatre).

April. Strangely they just showed a 2D image of April not the 3D one we’ve already seen. It was noted that her age was probably one of the biggest changes they’ve made. As I said earlier, they said the main reason for the change was to bring her age more in line with the TMNT as a 30 year old woman constantly hanging out with a group of 14/15 year olds could be seen as a bit weird, but did acknowledge that it was also done to appeal more to their target audience. They said April would be more involved in their world and Rich “accidentally” let slip that she would be kidnapped at some point (I’m assuming this is by The Kraang and is her first meeting with the TMNT when they rescue her as revealed at previous Mutation in Progress events).

Shredder - “Tonight I Dine on Turtle Soup” Will not be goofy or stupid. He is menacing and evil. Kevin’s favourite Shredder is still the original (he loved getting to play with the character each time they brought him back) then the first movie version (closest to the original) but he loves what Nick are doing with this Shredder. There is a personal conflict between Shredder and Splinter but nothing more was said here (again no mention of any child).

Foot Soldiers. Aim was to make them look more like ninjas than before. Always in groups, never less than 2. They may be used to comic effect sometimes but will always be a threat due to their numbers.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #2791
Chris
Mad Scientist

The Kraang. The design looks really cool in CG. They wanted to draw on the popular 80s villain but also go back to the comic roots (Utroms) that inspired the design of the original Krang, hence a whole race of Kraang. They’re experimenting with mutagen and want to take over the world. No mention here of any alliance with Shredder. They can only talk when they are in their mechanical bodies. They’re all called Kraang, but the panel joked that even in large groups they know which “Kraang” is being talked to, so if one shouts “hey Kraang” at a group of 20 Kraangs, only one would turn and respond.

New York City. They said that in many ways the city itself is a character. They showed some 2D background drawings of places like TCRI and the brownstone where April lives with her aunt above the antique store that her aunt runs. Kevin then spoke about drawing NYC in the comics, saying that he’d never been to New York when he did the early issues of TMNT so he was using Jack Kirby and Frank Miller’s New York as inspiration, once he had chance to visit the city for himself he made some changes to how he drew it, combining the real with the fantastical. He noted that they never really used big skyscrapers in the comics, keeping the action more on the East side. The Nick series is taking a similar approach, blending the real with the fantastic.

We were shown some of the vehicle designs, Stealth Cycle and Shellraiser. Donny builds them out of whatever he can find lying around, so they look like they’re build from scraps. Stealth Cycle designed so that when looked at from above it can’t seen when in stealth mode, Shellraiser is an old subway car, it can shoot manhole covers and garbage. Donny will steal tech from The Kraang (Rich said something here about them being from the future, not sure if this was a spoiler he let slip by accident or if he just meant their technology was futuristic) and incorporate that into his inventions.

Then came the world premiere of the new footage. It started with the TMNT being stealthy in an alley before Mikey gets out his ’chucks and starts dancing around. He treads on a can making some noise and the other three all turn and tell him to “sssshhh”, this was one of the more anime inspired emoticon moments, I’m not really an anime fan but it looked alright. It wouldn’t be my personal preference but I didn’t hate it and it certainly didn’t put me off the show at all. Four Foot Soldiers appear around them. Leo says something like “4 against 4, sucks to be them.” Then a load more Foot Soldiers appear and Leo backtracks a bit with “Or not!”. Next we got a great looking fight scene between the Turtles and the Foot. The staging and the movement of the camera really gave this a feel of comic panel in motion. The Kraang appeared and start shooting lasers into the mix, and there was a really nice shot of Leo slicing one of the robot bodies vertically in half. We see a damaged Kraang exo-suit on the floor and Mikey is holding a Kraang upside down going “see it’s a little squishy brain!” The Kraang wakes up and climbs up Mikey’s arm and onto his head causing him to scream as he drops to the floor. The next shot is the other Turtles stood over him with Raph saying “How come even when he’s right he manages to look stupid?” Then we cut to the NYC manhole and most of the earlier footage that was shown with the BTS video. Then we get a new shot of the Turtles in an alley saying something like they think that’s all of them beaten or what’s next, there’s a really dark menacing laugh as Shredder comes out of the shadows behind them and that’s the end of the footage before we get a full reveal of Shredder. I really hope Nick air this soon as I would love to see it again. The series really does look amazing and the crowd was loving it.

Q+A time!

Just quickly going over what I’ve already covered

Bebop and Rocksteady - doesn’t sound like any plans but this could change, are characters that fill those roles

Karai - didn’t sound like any plans, but we know Kelly Hu has done some voice work for her.

Casey - again they skirted round the question a bit saying they’re not doing anything with him at the moment (they didn’t mention what’s been previously said about him being in Season 2) but they did talk about character ages, saying they wouldn’t be making big changes to Casey when they did use him. Rich said Kevin is doing a teenage Casey in the IDW series but he’s still the same Casey, Kevin joked that he thinks he was just “born Casey”.

Other villains - Leatherhead, Baxter and Rat King were all confirmed

Multiverse/other worlds - They’ve very aware of the rich mythology of the TMNT and want to respect and draw from it. No plans for the multiverse right now, but they did tease at Triceratons so expect some space stuff.

And new stuff;

Cowabunga - They tried to dodge this one. Rich said they were trying some new stuff and Mikey’s catch phrase was going to be “booyakasha” and when Leo said it Mikey replies “it sounds funny when he says it” to which the others reply “it sounds funny when you say it”. He then said they are listening to the fans (they encouraged the use of #NickTurtles) and are listening to them and appreciate their input. He asked if the audience wanted Cowabunga which got a big applause and Eastman just said “it’s in”.

Theme Song - One audience member asked if the classic theme song was going to be used or if it would be something new. Rich and Kevin kinda looked at each other before Rich laughed a bit nervously saying how much they loved the original theme and wanted to respect what had come before, but at the same time they would probably need to update it a bit and if we could read between the lines of what he was saying, because he can’t confirm anything, we’d have the answer. So basically expect the classic theme song to be coming back.

Michael Bay/Alien Turtles - It won’t affect the Nick show. Kevin spoke about other reboots like 2K3, IDW and Nick, noting that all of them made changes but he said that all of them are true to the heart of TMNT. He said that when the guest writers and artists first came in on the Mirage comics and offered new takes it showed him other avenues for the characters that he hadn’t thought of before and they (he and Peter I’m assuming) were able to take some of these new ideas and use them in their own work. He wished he could tell us more because he’s seen a load of really cool stuff, but said that we wouldn’t be disappointed

Venus - Poor Kevin got all the tough questions! When asked if Venus would be in the show Kevin laughed and said he loved Venus but there weren’t any plans for her to be in the Nick show at the moment.

Toys - Playmates is following the show’s lead for the moment so don’t expect them to introduce a load of new characters as toys that haven’t been on the show (this could change of course, if I remember right the classic toy line started off by following the show before creating dozens of its own characters in subsequent years).

New Weapons - This is just something they’re trying with Don and Mikey, they wanted to bring in more Ninja stuff.

Stand Alone Episodes Vs. Episodic Story - They were planning on doing more stand alone stuff with more important game changing episodes every 9 episodes or so. But when they were doing this they realised that they couldn’t do story A until character 5 had been introduced, etc. so they switched up and it sounds like it will now be more episodic. They stressed that the individual episodes will stand alone, you can watch episode 3 and still enjoy it, but you’ll get more from it if you’ve seen episode 2. So very much more like 2K3 than the 80s series.

I think that’s about everything!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #2792
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Chris - I'm so glad I didn't spend ages typing up a huge, detailed report as you've summed it all up far better than I could!
Old 05-27-2012, 04:47 AM   #2793
Chris
Mad Scientist

Haha, no worries! Feel free to correct anything you think I've got wrong, as there was just way too much info for me to fully take in yesterday.

Glad you picked up those Old Meets New sketches, I was dying to see that art again! I nearly went for those myself but didn't have £100 on me (think that's right, they may have been more, I asked the prices on a lot of stuff) and there was a fantastic Leo piece for £50 that I loved so I went for that. Honestly, I'm still thinking about that finished cover, it was just so beautiful I'm seriously considering asking if it's still available and dipping into my ISA for it, but at the same time I have a holiday to finish paying for next month and I really can't afford half a month's salary! I can see this one haunting me for years down the line!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:19 AM   #2794
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Glad you picked up those Old Meets New sketches, I was dying to see that art again! I nearly went for those myself but didn't have £100 on me.
You must have been in the queue a few places in front of me - I was the next person behind the group from Belgium (who'd come all the way just for the day to see Kevin - now that's dedication!)

I didn't have the money on me either but I put down a deposit and ran out to the cash machine to get the rest! I suspect had my bank allowed me to take out more money in a single day or if Kevin had taken a cheque (understandable why not - I doubt he has a UK bank account for such things) I would have almost certainly come away with a lot more!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #2795
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Saw this online and thought I'd share this with everyone:

Love Mike's expression here.
He looks absolutely dumb in this picture.
Also don't wanna be a bad guy here but i was a part of exactly the same story but with DUKE NUKEM FOREVER. For more than a year since Gearbox took the franchise on their forum the people responsible for MAKING the game and people responsible for beeing in forums where like WOOOW GUYS THIS IS IT, THE BEST DUKE WE HAVE EVER SEEN, IT WILL BLOW YOUR MINDS etc. Hype was extraordinary and people where crazy about new DUKE and what happend? Expectations was too high (on of the main reasons was the PRODUCTION CREW saying THIS WILL BE SUPER!) and game sucked in single player (i actually liked it but there is no replay value there). So i dont want to say that the show will be bad (three fingers really?) but don't hype yourself guys. Right now in my PERSONAL (you dont have to agree) opinion this show will be for KIDS and for KIDS only, i hope i'm wrong, but just look at the pics, look at them closely, you really are seeing TMNT in your minds like that? Oh well lets hope i am wrong and this show will rocks!

In other words let's keep ar expectation low and we can hae a pleasent surprise, let them go to high and we all will be mad at new cartoon in the end

Last edited by turtles_kolektor; 05-27-2012 at 06:44 AM.
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #2796
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtles_kolektor View Post
...So i dont want to say that the show will be bad (three fingers really?) but don't hype yourself guys...
The Turtles have always had three fingers.
Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #2797
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Quote:
He looks absolutely dumb in this picture.
... Right now in my PERSONAL (you dont have to agree) opinion this show will be for KIDS and for KIDS only, i hope i'm wrong, but just look at the pics, look at them closely, you really are seeing TMNT in your minds like that? Oh well lets hope i am wrong and this show will rocks!
Personally, I think these designs for the Turtles are the best since the original comic books. Far better than any of the other TV series. I can tell that a lot of careful thought has gone into each character and this is shown in the individual features of each turtle, including the expressions on their faces. I mean, just look at the picture I posted above of the bottles of water we got at the event yesterday - the label is just a bandanna with the eyes, but the expression of the eyes are different for each Turtle (I only came home with 2 so I can't show you the others). Just the eyes tell you about the personality of that Turtle. It's such a simple little thing but it works really well.

Yes, the show will be for kids - Nickelodeon would be stupid not to focus their attention on their core market. But the previous TV series haven't been any different and plenty of older fans have been able to enjoy at least some aspect of them. And from what I've seen this new series looks to be making a really good effort to tie in with a lot (if not all) of the previous incarnations to some extent.

We'll only be able to tell for sure when the series actually starts showing but I'm sure there'll be something for everyone to enjoy. I just glad we have a series to watch at all and that it's clearly having some decent money and effort put into it by people who have a real passion for doing a really good job, even if the end result doesn't 100% match my own personal vision of what the perfect turtles series would be.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #2798
turtles_kolektor
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendophile View Post
The Turtles have always had three fingers.
You know what i mean Three toes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebrush View Post
Personally, I think these designs for the Turtles are the best since the original comic books. Far better than any of the other TV series. I can tell that a lot of careful thought has gone into each character and this is shown in the individual features of each turtle, including the expressions on their faces. I mean, just look at the picture I posted above of the bottles of water we got at the event yesterday - the label is just a bandanna with the eyes, but the expression of the eyes are different for each Turtle (I only came home with 2 so I can't show you the others). Just the eyes tell you about the personality of that Turtle. It's such a simple little thing but it works really well.

Yes, the show will be for kids - Nickelodeon would be stupid not to focus their attention on their core market. But the previous TV series haven't been any different and plenty of older fans have been able to enjoy at least some aspect of them. And from what I've seen this new series looks to be making a really good effort to tie in with a lot (if not all) of the previous incarnations to some extent.

We'll only be able to tell for sure when the series actually starts showing but I'm sure there'll be something for everyone to enjoy. I just glad we have a series to watch at all and that it's clearly having some decent money and effort put into it by people who have a real passion for doing a really good job, even if the end result doesn't 100% match my own personal vision of what the perfect turtles series would be.
Yes you are probably right but cannot agree with you 100%, 2k3 series was far more mature in my opinion than the goofy 80's one. I love both of them but preffer 2k3, and also for me mature style of drawning is better then the best CGI. I also hope that new TMNT serie will be cool. I just have a feeling that there should be at least one animated serie more dark, you know what i mean. Something for people like me, somewhere between 25 and 35 who are still enjoying TMNT. I recently started to read original MIRAGE comic book stuff and maybe that is why i cannot accept that easy the new TMNT design but as I stated before, we need to wait just couple more months and then we can all tell how we feal about new TMNT. And then there is also Michael Bay version on the way ....
turtles_kolektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:13 AM   #2799
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Thanks for the info, Chris and Cheesebrush. I'm glad you enjoyed the event, and I'm glad we have gotten more info on the series itself. I agree with Cheesebrush that the 2K3 series was marketed toward kids, yet we older fans were able to enjoy it as well. So, I'm not going to be negative about this show at all. I think it'll be really good. Yes, I was leery at first about some of the changes, but now I can understand where they're coming from to some extent, and that doesn't bother me as much as it did. So, I'm just going to sit back and watch the show.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #2800
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier

Quote:
You know what i mean Something for people like me, somewhere between 25 and 35 who are still enjoying TMNT.
Terrible admission time - I'm actually 41 (I hate typing that - it makes me feel sooo old!) and I started on the original Mirage Turtles in my mid teens, so I'm now way outside the target audience for this new series. But to me it still look s and feels like the best TV series to date.

As the old saying goes, they won't be able to please all the people all the time - I just think this series stands a good chance of getting close! We'll know one way or the other in a few months time.

Tags
2k12, nick