The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-19-2016, 05:47 PM   #2701
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

http://www.cbr.com/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-7-2/

Here is the preview for MMPR#7 out on Wednesday,9/21. Rita is more vicious this time around though I still long for Zedd. Thoughts on the series?
Old 09-20-2016, 02:36 PM   #2702
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

So I finally finished Season 2 and started Season 3 yesterday. I finished Ninja Quest Part 4 and let me just say this, the Ninja Zords are really disappointing. The one thing that I really hate about them is the "Ape" zord. Number 1, that's one ugly ass ape. Number 2, Doesn't even look like an Ape! in the Sentai is it meant to be Samurai or something? The other zords are alright but were kind of disappointing (except for Falconzord, Tommy you lucked out) but I think I prefer the Thunderzords.
Old 09-20-2016, 04:25 PM   #2703
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
So I finally finished Season 2 and started Season 3 yesterday. I finished Ninja Quest Part 4 and let me just say this, the Ninja Zords are really disappointing. The one thing that I really hate about them is the "Ape" zord. Number 1, that's one ugly ass ape. Number 2, Doesn't even look like an Ape! in the Sentai is it meant to be Samurai or something? The other zords are alright but were kind of disappointing (except for Falconzord, Tommy you lucked out) but I think I prefer the Thunderzords.
The Ape Ninjazord is also meant to be an ape in the Sentai.

So just how exactly the other Ninjazords so disappointing?

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 09-22-2016 at 07:36 AM.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:39 PM   #2704
Allio
Foot Elite

it is an Ape mixed with Samurai, I think it's suppose to be more based on Sarutobi Sasuke or something...I japanese history isn't good.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:44 AM   #2705
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

There's gonna be a Power Rangers Movie Panel at NYCC on Oct 8.
https://twitter.com/ThePowerRangers/...34678840332288

It's Morphin Time at #NYCC! Join the cast for a first look at #PowerRangersMovie during the panel Saturday, October 8. #PowerRangersNYCC

And we got 5 new posters.
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/action...al-new-a145328

Spoiler:

Last edited by TigerClaw; 09-21-2016 at 04:03 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:48 PM   #2706
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

^ Those aren't working. Here they are:

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/21/new-...look-at-zords/

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...c-con#/slide/1

Last edited by ranger_scout; 09-21-2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Posting smaller posters.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 06:24 PM   #2708
TonySiegel
Stone Warrior

Don't know about this one...

looks like fantastic four trash heap status

"...Color or creed, is no need for a man to bleed/ I believe, we all breathe the same seed/ Unless it's diluted, for somethin to intrude it..." - Kool G. Rap
TonySiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:05 AM   #2709
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Is it me or is the Blue one in a pose reserved normally for Playboy?
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:15 AM   #2710
Commenter 42
Banned

That kid looks stupid. Whoever said playboy, bingo.

Can't imagine any kids are even about this, so really, it's just y'all who're going to have to deal.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:54 PM   #2711
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Dino Supercharge comes to Netflix on October 15th, but it's most likely the first ten episodes at the most.

http://comicbook.com/2016/09/22/here...ix-in-october/
Old 09-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #2713
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

I can really only make out the Triceratops' head and maybe the Mastodon's head? Anyways the other Ninjazords were disappointing because well... the other zords had better things like, for example, the Black Ranger zords. First there was Mastodon, then there was Lion, and now there's... Frog... A lot of people probably don't like the Unicorn and Gryphon zords but I did. The Bear zord is meh, the Wolf zord just looks really weird, and the crane is just bad. Its literally a box with wings and two spikes coming out of its back and neck. Falcon is still awesome though. The whole Megazord for it has grown on me so I'm giving it a passing grade. Ape zord has grown on me .00001% since before. I liked Thunder Dragonzord waaaaaaaaaay better.
(EDIT: also now I can tell Trini is standing on Saber Tooth Tiger's leg. Also I hate the person who's playing her. Everyone else I'm fine with)
Old 09-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #2714
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Thoughts on Boom's MMPR#7?
Spoiler:
While the others power connection is being blocked Tommy remains connected as it seems his connection to the Morphin Grid is separate.So he and an unmorphed Jason take the Dragonzord into space for its first time to get a portal to retrieve Billy while the Black Dragon associate of Rita's confronts the two. Rita makes her outpost the wrecked Command Center and orders the other five zords to go on a rampage around the world. Solid story even if slow moving. This is a more mature tone and giving characterization to flat characters. Its really what I would suspect former fans would like to see in a film.
Look forward to where it goes from here, what it explains from the series, and hoping the arc wraps in another issue or two.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:23 PM   #2715
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commenter 42 View Post
That kid looks stupid. Whoever said playboy, bingo.

Can't imagine any kids are even about this, so really, it's just y'all who're going to have to deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
ooof.... Nothing looks appealing.
I can't be impressed by the little of what I'm seeing of the zords myself, but I think it's safe to say that you guys (and a few others here) won't like a single bit of information on the aesthetics of this movie that surfaces. Nothing wrong with that, but you guys have made it clear several times before that this isn't your thing. We get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:
While the others power connection is being blocked Tommy remains connected as it seems his connection to the Morphin Grid is separate.So he and an unmorphed Jason take the Dragonzord into space for its first time to get a portal to retrieve Billy while the Black Dragon associate of Rita's confronts the two. Rita makes her outpost the wrecked Command Center and orders the other five zords to go on a rampage around the world. Solid story even if slow moving. This is a more mature tone and giving characterization to flat characters. Its really what I would suspect former fans would like to see in a film.
Look forward to where it goes from here, what it explains from the series, and hoping the arc wraps in another issue or two.
I got MMPR volume 1 which consists of issues 0 through 4, as well as the Bulk and Skull comics from those issues. The next will cover 5 through 8. There will be one for MMPR Pink that covers all six of its issues. I've decided to just go for those from now on. I can probably save more money that way. Volume 1 even shows the covers made for the issues, and it has a foreword from Judd Lynn.

Last edited by Storm Eagle; 09-22-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2016, 05:37 PM   #2716
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Here is Andre the Black Nerd's reaction to the posters. It seems that he really likes them.

ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #2717
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Spoiler:
yeah, I think I'm kind of getting burnt out on this storyline. I mean, what. we have been doing this since February?
Old 09-22-2016, 06:31 PM   #2718
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Alpha 5 has been cast he will be played by Bill Hader

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/actio...lpha-5-a145363

Old 09-22-2016, 06:36 PM   #2719
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Okay I just had to burst out laughing when seeing that.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:46 PM   #2720
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
yeah, I think I'm kind of getting burnt out on this storyline. I mean, what. we have been doing this since February?
March,but yeah. It is good and interesting. Its just dragging out. I just read through the solicit for #9 and it seems nothing has progressed after the next issue.

http://www.newsarama.com/30750-boom-...citations.html

Tags
power rangers