The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-15-2023, 10:45 AM   #81
AquaParade
Banned

I'm still very curious about the musical aspect. I think it could be something special, but if it robs the movie of tension in the plot or the occasional frightening scene, than I'll probably be disappointed.

But hey, I'm glad they are going big, if that's where their imagination is taking them.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 11:13 AM   #82
ChosenOne
Banned

Well, Joker's best moment in Arkham Knight is a musical act, so...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 11:43 AM   #83
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Old 04-06-2023, 07:40 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It wrapped.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/joker-s...th-new-photos/
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 07:08 PM   #85
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 04-09-2024, 08:46 PM   #86
IMJ
Emperor

On one hand this is brilliant. On the other hand we get this nonsense but we can't get a solid Affleck Batman movie.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 10:31 PM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

For a moment in time it sounded like we were in a good place. While Matt Reeves would still make his nonsense Batman movies, we were going to get Affleck's Batman on HBO Max. The "optimistic" Cavill Superman movie. A WW3 that hopefully would have learned from 1984's failings.
Old 04-10-2024, 01:23 PM   #88
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
For a moment in time it sounded like we were in a good place. While Matt Reeves would still make his nonsense Batman movies, we were going to get Affleck's Batman on HBO Max. The "optimistic" Cavill Superman movie. A WW3 that hopefully would have learned from 1984's failings.
Stephen Amell's rant about liking actual "content" more than "announcements" in regards to James Gunn was hysterical...

If that other guy wasn't a psychopath he would still be posting here somehow going on about James Gunn's film slate announced 2-years ago now and nothing accomplished.
Old 04-10-2024, 05:46 PM   #89
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 05:53 PM   #90
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Stephen Amell's rant about liking actual "content" more than "announcements" in regards to James Gunn was hysterical...

If that other guy wasn't a psychopath he would still be posting here somehow going on about James Gunn's film slate announced 2-years ago now and nothing accomplished.
"The slate! The slate! The slate!"
Old 04-10-2024, 05:58 PM   #91
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
"The slate! The slate! The slate!"
Was that the slate where you said it was made up of “D-listers”, even though it’s Superman, Batman & Robin, Supergirl, andSwamp Thing?

Not a bad read….

https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=65733

The thread shows you and IMJ vehemently refusing that the slate includes Batman and Robin, even though it was explicitly stated in the announcement. Lots of other crazy arguments in there as well.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 06:02 PM   #92
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Oh god, not this again.

No, Swamp Thing is definitely not A or B list. Or the Creature Commandos. Or Booster Gold, even though I like him. And just because Batman is featured prominently in Brave & The Bold does not make it a new Batman movie, proper.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:11 PM   #93
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Swamp Thing is definitely not A or B list. Or the Creature Commandos. Or Booster Gold, even though I like him.
IMO, any slate including Batman and Robin, Superman, and Green Lantern would be hard to describe a slate of “D-listers”. Brave and the Bold is a Batman movie.

The others are debatable. If you don’t read comics then those others are basically unknowns. Some have quite the legacy in the books.

I don’t see the argument for this being a D-list state though. It has Batman, Superman, Robin, and GL.

There are definitely some lesser-known characters on there, I’ll give you that. Booster Gold is pretty obscure and even I don’t know Creature Commandos. Whether that’s a good or bad thing becomes a different discussion.

Last edited by BornAgain; 04-10-2024 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:18 PM   #94
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
Was that the slate where you said it was made up of “D-listers”, even though it’s Superman, Batman & Robin, Supergirl, andSwamp Thing?

Not a bad read….

https://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sh...ad.php?t=65733

The thread shows you and IMJ vehemently refusing that the slate includes Batman and Robin, even though it was explicitly stated in the announcement. Lots of other crazy arguments in there as well.
No, no, no you don't get it. There was a lot of gaslighting and word twisting going on there so we ran with it for the most part. Part of that gaslighting was the narrative that I refused that the slate included Batman, which I never did. I just argued that a Brave and the Bold movie, given the rest of the slate, was a Batman vehicle and not a "Batman movie" - could just turn out like Batman appearing in Suicide Squad, albeit a bit more than a cameo.

Basically once the discussion lost all nuance because of another clown user, we let it implode well beyond what the initial points really were. Not that I expected the sociopath we were discussing it with to see that - he just kept gong off the rails until he bugged up so badly that he needed vengeance by trying to weaponize my picture - something I'm waiting patiently to bump into you... err him someday over.

Quote:
Oh god, not this again.

No, Swamp Thing is definitely not A or B list. Or the Creature Commandos. Or Booster Gold, even though I like him. And just because Batman is featured prominently in Brave & The Bold does not make it a new Batman movie, proper.
Pretty much that, but it wouldn't matter how succinctly we put it, BornAgain... errr.... AquaParade just kept on buggin' up.

JUUuusssttt Kidding, BornAgain. Just kidding. Or am I?

Last edited by IMJ; 04-10-2024 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:21 PM   #95
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
No, no, no you don't get it. There was a lot of gaslighting and word twisting going on there so we ran with it for the most part.

Basically once the discussion lost all nuance because of another clown user, we let it implode well beyond what the initial points really were. Not that I expected the sociopath we were discussing it with to see that - he just kept gong off the rails until he bugged up so badly that he needed vengeance by trying to weaponize my picture - something I'm waiting patiently to bump into you... err him someday over.

Pretty much that, but it wouldn't matter how succinctly we put it, BornAgain... errr.... AquaParade just kept on buggin' up.

JUUuusssttt Kidding, BornAgain. Just kidding. Or am I?
That’s a can of worms.

I’m just saying that I disagree with the implication that this is a D-list slate. Superman, Batman, Robin, GL, and a few others hold too much weight for it to be considered that imo.

And to be fair you guys are seen going off in that thread about Batman not being a part of it, which was confirmed information right off the bat. So it’s technically incorrect to argue otherwise.

It seems like part of the “D-list” opinion was driven by the misunderstanding that Batman was not featured in the slate, but I can’t really say. I just think it’s inaccurate to refer to this as a slate of D-listers. Not a strong argument imo, but it’s all subjective I suppose.

Last edited by BornAgain; 04-10-2024 at 06:51 PM.