The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Characters we wish they expanded on.

Similar to Victory_Angel's thread but instead of plot lines we are going to talk about characters we wish the show either expanded and what aspect they should've given more focus to.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:30 PM   #2
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

For me its Tiger Claw and Casey Jones.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I would say Kirby and Timothy to an extent. Also Tiger Claw, Alopex, and Shinigami.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Shinigami should have been introduced a lot earlier, like Season 2. We didn't get as much a chance to explore her and Karai's relationship as they could have done. We might also have seen Shinigami helping Karai after her fallout/mutation from Shredder.

All the other characters were handled fine, or were just intended to be one and done characters.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #5
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The entirety of the Utrom council, of course.

Why was the council formed? How did King die? What's up with Rook not seeming to be in her Irma suit? What drove Knight to the dark side? Why can some Utroms talk normally and others can't? How did that tiny portion of the Utrom population escape being brainwashed? Did they to find a cure? Were King and Queen a pair as their nametitles would imply?
Old 09-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Well since Casey's dad and sister weren't actually in the show, they might as well have expanded on Hun's character by burning them alive in their own home as revenge.

In all seriousness, yeah, it's kind of odd how we never get to see Casey interact with his family and how April's family is barely seen (seriously, how many episodes did Kirby have where he wasn't a mutant and had a speaking role?) but we do get countless introductions to other characters who only make cameos afterwards.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 05:16 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Heh, I don't think Spiderbitez ever had another speaking role after Season 1. I think the only time we see him is in the background during Mondo Gecko's first episode watching with all the other mutants. Not that anyone really cares.

Most of these characters were just one and done monster mutants. The few that weren't were part of the Mutanimals.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:11 PM   #8
NikitaZhukov
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Heh, I don't think Spiderbitez ever had another speaking role after Season 1.
There's an episode named "Metalhead Rewired", that's S02E11. Spider-Bytez gets captured by The Kraang in first 7-8 minutes of the episode, and then he appears in prison-like location along almost every other mutant or alien of the show (by that time) and gets mind-controlled along with Snakeweed to fight The Turtles.
NikitaZhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:02 AM   #9
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Spider Bitez only speaks when they can afford Louis Black and Louis Black is available and interested enough to voice.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:27 AM   #10
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Tatsu. He was shredder's right hand man in japan, and a VERY interesting character, and he just showed up in one episode, only to die.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:25 AM   #11
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Shinigami should have been introduced a lot earlier, like Season 2. We didn't get as much a chance to explore her and Karai's relationship as they could have done. We might also have seen Shinigami helping Karai after her fallout/mutation from Shredder.
Whilst we could have known more about her I think her timing was right, Karai went to find her when she needed her. It was only a short time after Karai found out about Shredder that she went after him in a rage and ended up mutated, then the brain worm, then after that I assumed she sought out her friend for help (because Splinter had made his thoughts on revenge clear). In the early seasons they were developing Karai's character, then with her realising who her real farther is and forming an alliance with the turtles, I think they needed to focus on her as a single entity for that.

Quote:
Tatsu. He was shredder's right hand man in japan, and a VERY interesting character, and he just showed up in one episode, only to die.
He would have been a strong character if used earlier (even if only a little) rather than just in a story arc, because of that here wasn't time to do more with him in that.

Last edited by newfan; 09-17-2017 at 01:56 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:31 AM   #12
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I definitely agree about Tatsu. I wish he had been used earlier or they had kept him around longer than they did because he was a good character.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote