The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Holy demon dragons, Turtles!
Leo is in the Dojo talking to no one...not a good sign 10 29.41%
Leo: Donnie we'll need some upgrades. Casey: A couple of tanks would be nice. 6 17.65%
Dig that new opening... 13 38.24%
Who else cringed when Kavaxas said he wanted to eat April? Just me...ok then... 5 14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2017, 07:30 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I get the two mixed up, but yes Jawas. I don't know if its because Hamill is voicing Kavaxas Xiro and Co. thought Jawas should summon Luke Skywalker or it was a coincidence.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 PM   #42
Powder
So tired of this place

This was SO good, wow. Loved the many hilarious references, & what an amazing score for this episode!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:35 PM   #43
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I'm surprised Mark Hammil had time to voice this character in the next few episodes when he's busy filming Star Wars Episode 8 and probably 9 right now. Those movies are filmed in Europe, how did Nick get him into their American recording studios in California or wherever it is?
He only did 4 episodes. He only would have had to have been home for 1 month to make his recordings, if he even did them with the rest of the cast in-studio.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:41 PM   #44
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

the cult members remind me of c.h.u.d.s

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 03-19-2017 at 07:47 PM.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #45
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
He only did 4 episodes. He only would have had to have been home for 1 month to make his recordings, if he even did them with the rest of the cast in-studio.
Sam Regiel moved to the opposite coast and recorded his lines from his own studio in his home during the third season of TMNT (2003). Hamill could have easily done the same. When did Rob Paulsen tweet the script for this episode, September 2015? Not being required to tour to promote The Force Awakens it could easily fit in his schedule.

Do you all see any of the other henchmutants getting involved?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:29 PM   #46
JTH
"ME"

Liked how they introduced the beginning of the aftermath of Splinter's death.

Leo's questionable decisions during the episode along when Donnie caught Leo "talking to himself" in the dojo, looks like they might be leading to the others thinking that Leo is going crazy and may no longer be fit to lead them.

Be interesting to see where they go from here.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #47
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
True, but how many little kids get online to watch junk like that. lol
Wasn't it also on the TV promo that aired after Owari?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:22 AM   #48
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I get the two mixed up, but yes Jawas. I don't know if its because Hamill is voicing Kavaxas Xiro and Co. thought Jawas should summon Luke Skywalker or it was a coincidence.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20150728165709
Wootini!!!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:36 AM   #49
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post

Leo's questionable decisions during the episode along when Donnie caught Leo "talking to himself" in the dojo, looks like they might be leading to the others thinking that Leo is going crazy and may no longer be fit to lead them.

I noticed this too. I really hope they go someplace with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Wasn't it also on the TV promo that aired after Owari?
I'm not sure, as I've never seen a solitary ep on actual television back home. I moved back to Japan in 2012 and didn't start watching it until 2014. I've lived in Japan for its entire run.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:51 AM   #50
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post

Yep, I can see Donnie voicing this to the others and saying that Leo is definitely losing his mind and the others may start questioning him as to why he thinks he's talking to Splinter. Will definitely be interesting to see where this goes.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:28 AM   #51
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yep, I can see Donnie voicing this to the others and saying that Leo is definitely losing his mind and the others may start questioning him as to why he thinks he's talking to Splinter. Will definitely be interesting to see where this goes.
Losing his mind might be rather harsh. After all we do see Don look up to the photo of Splinter with the four of them when they were around 5-6 years old. And Leo is able to tap into more spiritual aspects.

I think it would be a revisit of the convo they had on the Ulixes when Leo was talking the hologram of Splinter.

Raph was commenting on how unhealthy that is.

Don was neutral on it, he understood the reason but was also doubious about it

And Mikey felt Leo was doing what he felt he needed to do
Old 03-20-2017, 11:38 AM   #52
THGhost
Puppet Master

Great episode. I know a lot of you no doubt already knew about Kavaxas and Mark Hamill voicing him, but I try to keep stuff like that a surprise for myself. Man was that good.

"Booyaka-bunga?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
Donnie making tracking devices out of furbys
I thought they were Furbys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndaquilfan123 View Post
Is it just me, or did this episode seem darker then the rest of the show so far?
I dunno about darker, but it has a different feel to it. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I think Mark Hamill did a good job with Kavaxas, but its hard to get over the fact, that were hearing the Joker voice, Which I have no problems with.
This voice sounds more raspy than Joker's voice imho.

Quote:
Anyone find it bizarre Tiger Claw put on a new voice just to talk to his cultist henchmen, then started talking with his normal voice after he took off his robe? What was the point other than to trick kids into thinking it was a new villain?
Didn't even notice that.

Quote:
I'm surprised Mark Hammil had time to voice this character in the next few episodes when he's busy filming Star Wars Episode 8 and probably 9 right now. Those movies are filmed in Europe, how did Nick get him into their American recording studios in California or wherever it is?
Actors can record their voices away from Nick's studios.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #53
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Losing his mind might be rather harsh. After all we do see Don look up to the photo of Splinter with the four of them when they were around 5-6 years old. And Leo is able to tap into more spiritual aspects.

I think it would be a revisit of the convo they had on the Ulixes when Leo was talking the hologram of Splinter.

Raph was commenting on how unhealthy that is.

Don was neutral on it, he understood the reason but was also doubious about it

And Mikey felt Leo was doing what he felt he needed to do
Yes, but the hologram was different than this. I can see Don maybe questioning the logic of it and possibly feeling like Leo can't let go of Splinter and is still holding onto something or he think Leo is losing his mind due to grief. That's just how I interpret it, but we'll see how it goes.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:18 PM   #54
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

It seems like Mark's been able to do more than one session with various different actors.

I've seen pictures of him with Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw) and Jessica DiCicco, who's also lined up to be in the show, most likely in an Kavaxas episode but I don't think her role is properly announced.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #55
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Okay, at work on a decent computer and can finally give my opinions on this episode. First of all, I’m not sure if I missed it, but how much time has passed since “Owari” and this episode? I would assume that it took Tigerclaw a bit of time to gather all those guys to help him and collect the things he needed..

Anywho, it was a nice introduction to this season. I really like the fact that they’re letting Casey keep the new mask. I really like it. This episode also had kind of a season 1 feel to it. I can’t explain it. The way Raph and Mikey bickered, the feel of the ep…I just can’t explain it. It feels like this season is going to come full circle, creating a nice bookend to the series…but I know it’s too early to say this for sure.

The new intro is starting to grow on me. It doesn’t hype me like the previous seasons’ intros, but it’s still good.

The cultists thing…it felt too on the nose. The dialogue at the beginning between Raph and Casey felt like, “We already read the script and know for sure that these strange creatures wandering the sewers are part of a cult. They can’t be a bunch of guys dressed for a Star Wars convention who like hanging in the sewers because they have no other friends.”

Oh man, I love the fact that we get to see geeky Leo again. Junk like this, is why this Leo is my favorite incarnation of him of the ones I’ve been exposed to. I love how crazy he got after realizing that the videos Mikey picked up was of Space Heroes TNG. I was literally “lol” over it, especially after Donnie said that the show was apparently, not good for kids or whatever. I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of this series. I want to know what was controversial about it, and what its real-world equivalent will be. lol

The summoning of Hothead Joker was interesting and he seems like he’ll definitely be a challenge to defeat. The fact that he knows that April has powers and wants to absorb her powers to become stronger will definitely be fun to see, I feel.

I guess the highlight for me this episode was Leo and the potential this season may have regarding him. He still occasionally receive visits from Splinter. Donnie catching him makes me wonder, like most here, if there is going to be a situation where they’re going to think that Leo isn’t up to being leader or that maybe he’s stressing out and stuff. I also like how Leo is kind of reverting back to his season 1 self slightly. It’s like he’s learning how to lead all over again. The way he gave orders this episode showed that he has self-doubt, only this time, Leo has no one he can confide his worries in, ‘cept for when Splinter comes around and speaking of that…I really hope that they let Splinter appear to the other three at some point, or at least Mikey. Why bring up that Leo and Mikey are the most spiritual of the four and not utilize that, even if it’s only a little? Oh and speaking of Mikey, he seemed to get hurt/attacked quite a bit this episode. Foreshadowing maybe?

Okay, so that’s about all I can say. Overall, good episode, nice introduction, despite the pacing feeling a bit faster than usual, but it was okay, but I still wonder if we’re going to get a super serious Leo situation where he overworks his brothers to the point of them rebelling against him. Oh and I’m curious where the other henchmutants are. We know that Xever survived, but seems the others would’ve been around or shown helping Tigerclaw or something.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 PM   #56
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Okay, at work on a decent computer and can finally give my opinions on this episode. First of all, I’m not sure if I missed it, but how much time has passed since “Owari” and this episode? I would assume that it took Tigerclaw a bit of time to gather all those guys to help him and collect the things he needed..

Anywho, it was a nice introduction to this season. I really like the fact that they’re letting Casey keep the new mask. I really like it. This episode also had kind of a season 1 feel to it. I can’t explain it. The way Raph and Mikey bickered, the feel of the ep…I just can’t explain it. It feels like this season is going to come full circle, creating a nice bookend to the series…but I know it’s too early to say this for sure.

The new intro is starting to grow on me. It doesn’t hype me like the previous seasons’ intros, but it’s still good.

The cultists thing…it felt too on the nose. The dialogue at the beginning between Raph and Casey felt like, “We already read the script and know for sure that these strange creatures wandering the sewers are part of a cult. They can’t be a bunch of guys dressed for a Star Wars convention who like hanging in the sewers because they have no other friends.”

Oh man, I love the fact that we get to see geeky Leo again. Junk like this, is why this Leo is my favorite incarnation of him of the ones I’ve been exposed to. I love how crazy he got after realizing that the videos Mikey picked up was of Space Heroes TNG. I was literally “lol” over it, especially after Donnie said that the show was apparently, not good for kids or whatever. I am definitely looking forward to seeing more of this series. I want to know what was controversial about it, and what its real-world equivalent will be. lol

The summoning of Hothead Joker was interesting and he seems like he’ll definitely be a challenge to defeat. The fact that he knows that April has powers and wants to absorb her powers to become stronger will definitely be fun to see, I feel.

I guess the highlight for me this episode was Leo and the potential this season may have regarding him. He still occasionally receive visits from Splinter. Donnie catching him makes me wonder, like most here, if there is going to be a situation where they’re going to think that Leo isn’t up to being leader or that maybe he’s stressing out and stuff. I also like how Leo is kind of reverting back to his season 1 self slightly. It’s like he’s learning how to lead all over again. The way he gave orders this episode showed that he has self-doubt, only this time, Leo has no one he can confide his worries in, ‘cept for when Splinter comes around and speaking of that…I really hope that they let Splinter appear to the other three at some point, or at least Mikey. Why bring up that Leo and Mikey are the most spiritual of the four and not utilize that, even if it’s only a little? Oh and speaking of Mikey, he seemed to get hurt/attacked quite a bit this episode. Foreshadowing maybe?

Okay, so that’s about all I can say. Overall, good episode, nice introduction, despite the pacing feeling a bit faster than usual, but it was okay, but I still wonder if we’re going to get a super serious Leo situation where he overworks his brothers to the point of them rebelling against him. Oh and I’m curious where the other henchmutants are. We know that Xever survived, but seems the others would’ve been around or shown helping Tigerclaw or something.
Agree with much of this.

I would also like to note the scene where Leo says "Donnie, were going to need some upgrade." Donnie's reaction particularly when Casey says "Can we say two or three dozen tanks" Clearly indicates that he feels this is a very tall order even for someone of his talents. Particularly since magic and spiritual forces aren't his area of expertise. And Casey suggesting that he make a large number of military grade weapons that would be essentially useless against someone like Kavaxas doesn't help matters.

That was one area about the fifth season of the 2k3 I found BS'iy. The fact that Chaplin was able to augment all the guns and blasters in the Foot HQ to withstand against ghosts and spiritual entities.

After all Technology and magic are two different things, and while there are plausible ways to make technology and magic work together in certain media. The two forces don't always combine well. There have been cases where technological devices such as cell phones and watches have gone on the friz or stopped working in areas that are haunted. Or areas where the energies of the earth coalesce into vortexs (Many of these are used as tourist traps) such as around Sedona, Arizona.

That's also why in films sending the army against something like a god or a being from another plane of existence is often useless in films and anime.

One such example is the show Armor Legend Samurai Troopers AKA Ronin Warriors. In the first couple of episodes the Evil Dynasty takes over the city of Tokyo. When the invasion begins all the Cars and technology stop working. And then in the first half of the second episode the JSDF is scrambled to take out the Dynasty and instead many or their weapons are either powerless against Emperor Arago's (Talpa's)might, or they are turned against their own.

Last edited by victory_angel; 03-20-2017 at 10:35 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:45 AM   #57
neatoman
Emperor

So how long before virtually everyone calls Kavaxas Hothead?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:48 AM   #58
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I don't think it will, honestly.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 AM   #59
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
How do we know that will happen? He hasn't been promoted as Hot Head at all, it could just be obscure reference like a Kirby Bat being called Wing Nut.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 07:08 AM   #60
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
How do we know that will happen? He hasn't been promoted as Hot Head at all, it could just be obscure reference like a Kirby Bat being called Wing Nut.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking. I figured the hothead thing was going to be an obscure reference. We'll see, though.

Tags
season 5, tales of the tmnt