The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #2061
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Man... I wonder what kutaragi (spelling? that crazy sony president that makes old man yamauchi look sane) thinking right now? He's never delt with a Juggular-ripping Nintendo before... He pry can't comprehend that they're losing with all the advertising they're doing.
Kid Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:58 PM   #2062
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I laugh my ass off at the whole scenerio. It's funny. Really. The DS is the best machine on the market right now. I've bought 13 games for it and it's not even a year old. I mean, damn. No machine has ever made me do that. It's fu*king extrodinary.

*goes back to Castlevania*
Old 10-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #2063
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

TMB, where's Polarium in your icon? o.O

And yeah, my DS Library's growing massive... and there arn't any games I own that i regret buying. And four of my ten games are 3rd party, with 2 more to join that soon.

Maybe 3rd parties will get the hint, that if they give Nintendo fanboys something good, unique, and worth playing, we'll buy it, instead of trying to shove the same old crap at us time and again.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:03 AM   #2064
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Polarium not there only because I suck ass at it. Seriously, I'm pathetic. I gotta practice more. When I feel I can take people at it, I'll add it to the sig.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:08 AM   #2065
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

LOL.

Oh, and Happy 20th US birthday, NES. Next year, the both of us can drink... just no jeger... it's bad for your chipset.

Edit: first off... this is cool. Editing the post IN the actual message.

No for the reason for the edit. So, those of us who have Polarium, who's all made their own puzzles? Anyone care to swap some? I think i've made 2 or three...

Here's the code for one of them:

Number 2:

Last edited by Kid Icarus; 10-19-2005 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:32 AM   #2066
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Just a heads up guys, at AMN we're having a Mario Kart DS tournament. We haven't ironed out the details yet, but Nintendo is donating some prize packages and goodies, and I'm trying to help get some kind of ladder going. I probobly won't run it though because I'll be out of town when the game releases which means I'll get fu*king pwned when the tournament takes place.

As of now, it's going to be somewhere around or after Thanksgiving weekend to give people time with the game and get used to the controls and get their groove back (controls are somewhere between SMK & MK64 which is excellent. Feels like the original powerslide, but with the MK64 boost technique and steering is customizable and smooth).

The date may change, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they can prepare early
Old 10-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #2067
Peanut
Second Gear

Someone win and give me stuff. I'm no good at racing games. It's like I'm handicaped, wouldn't you give free stuff to a handicaped kid?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 03:05 AM   #2068
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

That smily is so awesome
Old 10-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #2069
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Latest breaking news...Nintendo fu*ks up again.

No online battle Mode for MKDS. That kills a lot of fun for me as there is no one to play with around here and I was really looking forward to that. I don't really look forward to future installments having it because all of their new battle maps have thus far sucked ass and this one had Block Fort. Still, it's a worthless addition to me now. Can't use it with no one to play against. And CPU players suck ass That, and future gams that do have the option will undoubtable have sh*tty Double Dash style battle maps that are made easier to make the game more "accessable". So much for my dream of online Block Fort Guess that'll never happen now.

btw, there's a video of the menu system floating around and it's smooth as silk. But why don't the videos have sound. It's not to hide the game's quality, as that kicks ass. Heard it in person. Meh, whatever. Oh, there will also be an online score ladder so keeping track of world records just got a ton easier and more competitive

I hope one of the old SMK Ghost House tracks makes it's way in here.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:17 AM   #2070
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Meh, we'll still be kicking ass and taking names though, Reggie style.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:11 AM   #2071
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Kojima working on Revolution!!!
SWEET!!!
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 07:15 AM   #2072
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Quote:
No online battle Mode for MKDS.
What?! Nooooo! Battle Mode is all I play in multiplayer Mario Kart. I barely ever touch the racing mode. And I only have one friend who owns a DS, so I doubt I'll play the Battle Mode much at all now. This sucks.

As for Kojima developing for Revolution; it doesn't really come as a surprise to me, as he was very enthousiastic about the controller when it was revealed. Still, it's nice to have some confirmation.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #2073
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

knowing kojimas previous stance on Nintendo, with his graphic and sound hungry game designs, I'd say this is pry the best news on Rev development so far.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #2074
Peanut
Second Gear

Kojima has never made anything I really enjoy, so I don't really care if he supports it or not. I am happy he's doing something for Rev, though. It should bring in some more people.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #2075
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

Well, what it shows us is that the rev is going to at least be on par with X360 in terms of hardware. That's why I'm excited. MGSTTS was only purchased because Silicon Knights developed it. I couldn't really care less about a Kojima game, they're pretty much the same mechanics for 10-15 hours.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:25 PM   #2076
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

I hope Kojima brings us something good. We've certinally waited long enough. Now.......it's time to reveal what Mario Kart DS tracks we will be racing on at long last. This is the complete master list of everything that is on the card, BUT there are rumors floating around that sometime next year Nintendo could release an expansion track set for the game on a GBA cart much like they have with new Songs for Band Brothers in Japan. Anyways, here is the master list.

Retro Mode

Shell Cup
Mario Circuit 1 - Super Nintendo version
Moo Moo Farm - N64 version
Peach Circuit - Game Boy Advance version
Luigi Circuit - GameCube version

Banana Cup
Donut Plains 1 - SNES
Frappe Snowland - N64
Bowser Castle 2 - Game Boy Advance
Baby Park - Nintendo GameCube

Leaf Cup
Koopa Beach 2 -Super NES
Choco Mountain - Nintendo 64
Luigi Circuit - Game Boy Advance
Mushroom Bridge - GameCube

Lightning Cup
Choco Island 2 - SNES
Banshee Boardwalk -N64
Sky Garden -GBA
Yoshi Circuit -GCN

Nitro Mode

Mushroom Cup
Figure-8 Circuit
Yoshi Falls
Cheep Cheep Beach
Luigi's Mansion

Flower Cup
Desert Hills
Delfino Square
Waluigi Pinball
Shroom Ridge

Star Cup
DK Pass
Tick-Tock Clock
Mario Circuit
Airship Fortress

Special Cup
Wario Stadium
Peach Gardens
Bowser Castle
Rainbow Road

Tick Tock Clock sounds like the clock from Mario 64. That would be fu*king crazy, and do my eyes decieve me or are we going to be racing on the deck of the Doom Ship?!?!?!?!?!? HOT DAMN! That new Rainbow Road looked drunk (good), and the Retro track selection looks to be evenly balanced between the games and has an excellent selection except for Baby Park which was the biggest waste of time in the series in my opinion. Meh, one bad apple dosen't ruin the lot here. Horray for the return of Banshee Boardwalk, Koopa Beach 2, Yoshi's Circut from DD, the rainy Luigi Circuit from GBA (which should look beautiful in 3D), Frappe Snowland (which had music I'll never forget), Moo Moo farm, and good old Mario Circut 1, the place where it all began 13 years ago.

I'm happy as could be with this selection. They really did a good job balancing it out and picking the best stuff for competitive racing. It's going to be one hell of a Mario Kart in just over a month.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #2077
Cerpin Taxt
Hench Mutant

So, let me get this straight...

The "new" Mario Kart is just a collection of Mario Karts of the past, that we've all already beaten?

Weak.

EDIT: OOOPS! I didn't see "Retro Mode" in front of that. A thousand apologies.

Last edited by Cerpin Taxt; 10-20-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Cerpin Taxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #2078
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Err, judging by the names and description, half of those tracks are brand new.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:55 PM   #2079
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Yeah, the game has just as many new tracks as MK64 or Double Dash had, but we also get 16 classic tracks to go with it. An excellent decision on their part
Old 10-20-2005, 07:12 PM   #2080
Peanut
Second Gear

That track listing is impressive. I think I may just buy it now.