The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-07-2014, 08:35 PM   #141
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I forgot to post here after watching the premiere! Loved it. I gotta say that I thought I'd be hooked on Rebels after the first couple seconds and yeah, I was right. I was hoping it'd have humor in all the right places. Hoped that we wouldn't be hit over the head with it, and I wasn't disappointed. I can only equate this with seeing the original Star Wars trilogy for the first time as a kid. The show has that feel, and look from what everyone else has been saying. I liked that the music is more John Williams heavy than Clone Wars. The action was nonstop, but you get to know these characters in the thick of things. Speaking of which, I'd love to hear new character themes by Kiner as the show progresses.

I was glad they saved the Inquisitor for later episodes. That end scene where he showed up on holoprojector was pretty sweet. Sounds like his might have been the first character theme we got to hear outside of a little of the main Rebels theme. His is very Dark Disciple oriented, but it fits of course. I think I've quieted my inner band geek. Sorry about that. I was also a big fan of Agent Kallus. Certainly a cut above the others, but I guess that's what you can expect from this ISB. Great to see him getting his hands dirty there towards the end. I only wish we could have seen more of Sabine and her paint bombs, but the writers know what they're doing. Also looking forward to possibly learning what happened to all the Mandalorians at some point. Can't wait to watch the next episode. I'm glad this thing is already green lit for a second season. I don't know about everybody else, but I sure think it's going to be a hit.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #142
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

ABC TO AIR STAR WARS REBELS: SPARK OF REBELLION WITH A NEW SCENE FEATURING DARTH VADER

The critically-acclaimed epic adventure Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion will air on ABC on Sunday, October 26 (7:00 p.m. ET/PT). Executive producer Dave Filoni states, “We wanted to do something special for the ABC broadcast. We’ve added a scene which gives audiences insight into the Inquisitor and includes a cameo by Darth Vader voiced by the distinguished actor James Earl Jones.”

http://www.starwars.com/news/abc-to-...ng-darth-vader
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #143
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I'm so glad they are doing this. Adding Vader, heck even if he only appears like once a season very briefly, is going to help boost the show's recognition.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #144
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

That's fantastic, but I wish we'd gotten to see him in the other broadcasts. As far as I know, he's not in the iToons versions or amazon ones. If the scene is included on the DVD, I think I'd double dip just for that.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #145
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

yeah sadly I will be forced to pirate this new 'extended' edition since it doesn't seem it will be for sale... it is exclusive to ABC supposedly and I have no way of watching it

I own the rebels DVD so technically i own the episode already anyway
Old 10-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #146
snake
Disgusting

Watch them release a Spark Of Rebellion "Special Edition".
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 03:06 PM   #147
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Watch them release a Spark Of Rebellion "Special Edition".
Don't even go there.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #148
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
Don't even go there.
lol Oh, I have a bad feeling about this.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #149
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I'm not sure about iTunes, but amazon instant video just replaced my Vaderless version of Spark of Rebellion with the ABC broadcast which included it. I got curious when I saw that a minute had been added, so I clicked the watch now button and there he was. I'm glad I don't have to pay for a special edition somewhere down the line.

As for the show, loved Fight or Flight last week, and can't wait to see Rise of The Old Masters when it's added to my video library. I've been waiting to see more of the Inquisitor since the premiere.
Old 10-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #150
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

I saw the first and third episode XD I like it~
Old 11-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #151
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Anyone else still watching? Any guesses on who Fulcrom is? Lots of people think it's Ahsoka.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:20 PM   #152
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Anyone else still watching? Any guesses on who Fulcrom is? Lots of people think it's Ahsoka.
It's Ahsoka, mang. Or Saw from the Onderon arc.
Old 11-22-2014, 01:57 AM   #153
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I'm still watchin. As for who I think Fulcrum to be, Ahsoka was the first person to come to mind. That voice sounded like a woman or young girl goofing around with one of those female to male voice changers when I first heard it in Out of Darkness. I was also thinking it could be a fourteen year old Leia. Something tells me that girl had been doing rebellion stuff long before we saw her in A New Hope at around 19 years of age. Hey, she would be about fourteen during season 1 of Rebels. Ahsoka was fourteen when she was sent to Christophsis to become anakin's padawan during the Clone Wars. Now, I'd love for Fulcrum to turn out to be Ahsoka. But Leia ties with her when it comes to my two favorite female SW characters, so either one is cool with me. Ezra's mom, maybe? If she's still alive, that is. Anywho, can't get enough of this show and looking forward to seeing part 2 of the story arc which was begun in Empire Day. I hope they don't present us with another cliffhanger next week, because this is the last Rebels episode we get until Jan. Ah well, more to speculate about if this happens.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #154
neatoman
Emperor

I am starting to like this series, the characters start to get out the "I'm a badass, here's why" characterisation and into more fleshed out personas. Although I'm still a bit worried that my predictions will come true, that the characters will have an ambigious ending at best. Like who here has yet to suspect that Kanan will die? I suspected that he would die before the series premiered, and I correctly suspected (which I was shocked to see wasn't a universal expectation) that he was not the main character but rather that Ezra was.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 07:27 PM   #155
ABrown
Banned

I'm really enjoying Star Wars Rebels so far. I'm definitely enjoying it more than I enjoy Nickelodeon's TMNT series.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:19 PM   #156
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Exclusive: Yoda Returns for Star Wars Rebels
Dec 15, 2014 11:14 AM ET
by Rich Sands

Arriving soon, a special guest will be. Star Wars Rebels, the new animated Disney XD series set in a galaxy far, far away, is about to become very strong with the Force when Jedi master Yoda makes his presence known.

Though Rebels takes place between the two Star Wars movie trilogies — a time when the few surviving Jedis are in hiding from the Empire — the 800-plus-year-old icon is drawn from hiding to offer counsel to fledgling Jedi knight Kanan and his new padawan, Ezra, on the remote planet of Lothal. The twist: He only "appears" as a disembodied voice.

But what a voice it is. Frank Oz, who famously starred as the Yoda (in puppet and computer-generated form) in five of the Star Wars films, returns to the franchise for this episode. "I felt personally to keep Yoda as this disembodied thing it would confuse the audience less," says executive producer Dave Filoni, who also directed the installment. "I didn't want you to think Yoda could be teleporting from planet to planet."

It helped that Filoni was directing an actor so closely associated with one sci-fi's most beloved characters. "What's great about Frank, by keeping the voice very present and active, you do feel that it's a watchfulness and that he's speaking to you from afar," he says. "And I didn't want anyone to think that he had left Dagobah [the planet where Yoda first trains Luke Skywalker]. It was on the outer rim of what we do, but I think we were able to pull it off."

Star Wars fans will notice several homages to the lore, including The Empire Strikes Back and the final episodes of The Clone Wars. "This is show is meant to fit in with everything that's going on: Clone Wars, features, novels," Filoni says. "We do a lot of work to make sure there's continuity between these things now."
The episode, "Path of the Jedi" will air Monday, Jan. 5 at 9/8c on Disney XD. For those without the patience of a Jedi, it will be available on the Watch Disney XD app starting Monday, Dec. 29.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Yoda-Ret...l-1090906.aspx
Old 12-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #157
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Been grinning all day since I read this article. Tom Kane is one of my all time favorite voice actors, but I'm glad Frank Oz is reprising the role from the movies. Can't wait to see Path of The Jedi on Jan 6, in my case.
Old 12-15-2014, 08:49 PM   #158
snake
Disgusting

Frank Oz is looking good at his age. I can't wait for this episode!
Old 12-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #159
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

New Episode!

Online only for now.

Spoilers for a cameo:
Spoiler:
YODA is in this episode

http://watchdisneyxd.go.com/star-war...th-of-the-jedi
Old 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #160
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Just caught the new episode. Thought that was the best episode yet.

It was so damn awesome hearing Frank Oz again.