Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 04:37 PM   #361
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Bebop doesn't sound Jamaican so I have no idea where this is coming from. He sounds like he comes from the street.
Or from the hood. He has dialogue like, "Yo," "Dawg," Son," "Homie," "Whassup?" and "That is dope!" etc.

If he was Jamaican he'd be saying things like, "Mon," Boi," "Big Up" and "Rasta man."
Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 PM   #362
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Or from the hood. He has dialogue like, "Yo," "Dawg," Son," "Homie," "Whassup?" and "That is dope!" etc.

If he was Jamaican he'd be saying things like, "Mon," Boi," "Big Up" and "Rasta man."
I'm not from "the hood" and I use "yo" and "What's up?" all the time. I also like saying, "home slice", "my brother", "my sistah", and "honey child"...but then again, I use the latter 4 jokingly.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:38 PM   #363
ToTheNines
[sic]

ITT cybercubed differentiates the two types of black people there are.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #364
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post

So Michaelangelo is from the hood?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 03-07-2017, 10:26 PM   #365
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Nah, just seems like that was Nick's dumb way to make him more appealing to little kids or something.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:58 PM   #366
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

All in all, this reboot is a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, the current show will be allowed to meet a respectful end, and not have a sudden tonal shift or be dragged on ad-infinitum until all traces of anything awesome are gone and it just sucks. On the other hand, this new show might turn into Teen Titans Go! with turtles.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #367
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Hes from the sewer, thats more real than the hood.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:16 PM   #368
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Hes from the sewer, thats more real than the hood.
Mikey be keepin' it real! I'm still waiting for him and ICK to go on tour.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #369
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Mikey be keepin' it real! I'm still waiting for him and ICK to go on tour.
If hes going to keep it real then I guess he never saw The Dave Chappelle show
Old 03-08-2017, 02:57 AM   #370
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
If hes going to keep it real then I guess he never saw The Dave Chappelle show
When keepin' it real goes wrong.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:34 PM   #371
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

so

I really think theres a good possibility we see the ninja tribunal again with this series. Been thinking of all the possibilities. This could be a really good show
Old 03-09-2017, 12:03 PM   #372
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
All in all, this reboot is a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, the current show will be allowed to meet a respectful end, and not have a sudden tonal shift or be dragged on ad-infinitum until all traces of anything awesome are gone and it just sucks. On the other hand, this new show might turn into Teen Titans Go! with turtles.
I think I'll pass on this than, gosh how much I hate Teen Titans Go, degrading the characters like Robin and ruinning the main pairings of Teen Titans. Don't need that for another show I like.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #373
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I'm really, really excited about this, yo. Back in August, I posted this in the "Your Ideal Turtles Show" thread-

& just 5 months later my dream came true! Wow! I genuinely think this series is in great hands. Andy's one creative son of a gun. He's big on action & zaniness, his vision will definitely be wacky as hell, but in a good way. I have a feeling it will be reminiscent of Nickelodeon & CN's 90's cartoons humor-wise, with Samurai-Jack tier action. A recipe I'd most certainly welcome with open arms. For those who are unaware, he's been intimately involved with the TMNT brand since Viacom bought them. He's done virtually all of the product design for the Nick series, as well as the DVD cover art, promotional pieces for season debuts, packaging for Playmates, you name it. Any piece of 2D Nick series art you see, on t-shirts, for example, that's our guy. Hell, most of the 3D render pieces you see, their poses are based on his sketches. Even the OOTS Bebop & Rocksteady shots from Crush soda. I was fortunate enough to meet him at a convention & gush about the property for 20 mins or so (got a commission too), he's super cool, humble, & passionate about his work. His original comic is really wild, somewhat reminds me of the turtles' space adventures from Mirage, actually. Y'all owe him an objective eye, he's gonna do some cool stuff, I'm certain. Most of you already like his art, ya just didn't know his name!

It's too early to say given we don't have too much to go on, but this series sounds a lot like the one Playmates originally pitched in 1987. Pairing their intentions of exploring mysticism within the confines of a sludgy NYC with Andy, whose rejected designs for the last show were very much in the vein of their earliest villain concepts like Tom Sawyer & Bowmaster, makes me wonder if they actually are updating that original pitch. Despite my distaste for their current product offerings, I do love that old-school Playmates flavor, so it could be pretty amazing. I'm open minded. I hope there's more gross-out humor.

Of course many of us want darker stuff that harkens back to Mirage & the first film, but I doubt anyone realistically expected that. We got a lot of darkness in the Nick series at least. Maybe this one will give us the slice of life elements we want.

I know he made a few pitches over the years, I managed to convince him to post the art from one of them a while back.

I wouldn't necessarily take this as a point of reference for what they're doing, since they rejected this one. But it's interesting all the same.
it'd been awesome if those previous pitches were going to be used for the new cartoon!

that art is QUITE gorgeous!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #374
snake
Disgusting

Wait, did Andy do those awesome concept designs that were more horror influenced? The face in the door, the guy-trapped-in-a-robot-suit villain?
Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #375
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Lately, Greg Cipes has been posting this on his Twitter.

Quote:
never know where I'll pop up! 💚🐢💚
Do you think he's hinting that he'll be a part of the new series?
Old 03-09-2017, 08:37 PM   #376
CyberCubed
Overlord

If they decide to keep the voice actors for the Turtles, they could all possibly work on the new show.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:09 PM   #377
myconius
Abby Normal

the current Nick Tmnt has an excellent voice cast.

i don't see why they'd even consider breaking that up?

when they did the 2D special 'Blast to the Past' i figured they were going to continue doing a 2D series like that with the cast of the 3D cartoon series.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #378
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post

Hm.... Maybe? I could see him being retained as Mikey since he may be harder to recast with another good fit. Would be easier just to keep Cipes if still suitable for the tone they want.

Of course, the Kids Choice Awards is also this weekend. I have no faith that it won't be rigged for the sponge to win again, but hey, you never know.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:55 AM   #379
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post

I'd be surprised if Cipes wasnt a part of the new series. Hope Rob is as well but that i doubt.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:46 AM   #380
myconius
Abby Normal

i've been wondering if they'll bring back Seth Green as Leo?

still very disappointed we didn't get a video game based on the tv show with Seth voicing Leonardo.

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters