The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-18-2018, 04:36 PM   #2481
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Not to mention the story is being told from Donatello's perspective 90% of the time, so he wouldn't have known Kleve wanted to release Ch'rell. And thus he wouldn't have known the full scale of his plans for Ma'riell's assassination. So it makes sense wouldn't get across within the story.

He had also left in the middle of Kleve preparing to launch his "she's not our rightful leader" monologue, so he wouldn't have gotten a clue on the desire for Ch'rell to lead. And even if he picked up on that, it might have taken him a moment to remember the sibling connection. The boy's smart, but he's not a supercomputer and he's already fried his brain on enough as it was . (I do think he would absolutely rat out Kleve to Ch'rell, though. "Hey, I know we're gearing up to be enemies, but Kleve orchestrated an assassination of your sister, so do with that as you will.")

I can say though that the differences between Honeycutt bringing out the Utroms with the turtles, and Kleve bringing out Ch'rell, are almost kind of funny. Honeycutt practically pampered the first release with evaporating the Ooze, and putting them in a state where they would actually be sleeping and wake up on their own accord in beds...and then Kleve had Ch'rell dropped with all the inelegance of a newborn giraffe .

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-18-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:22 AM   #2482
ChosenOne
Banned

Bobby, is #85 a stand-alone issue or just the start of a bigger arc featuring Leatherhead?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 12:25 PM   #2483
neatoman
Emperor

Sad to hear Universe didn't work out, it was actually pretty entertaining to read TMNT stories that didn't have to fill out 4 or 5 issues, sometimes not even a full issue. Little bite size stories can be quite comfy.

I was just wondering what the plans are after Universe #25. Are you going to return to the mini-series model or just focus on the main series?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:30 PM   #2484
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Bobby, is #85 a stand-alone issue or just the start of a bigger arc featuring Leatherhead?
Stand alone issue.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 01:31 PM   #2485
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Sad to hear Universe didn't work out, it was actually pretty entertaining to read TMNT stories that didn't have to fill out 4 or 5 issues, sometimes not even a full issue. Little bite size stories can be quite comfy.

I was just wondering what the plans are after Universe #25. Are you going to return to the mini-series model or just focus on the main series?
There will be a secondary book for the foreseeable future-- got some exciting stuff lined up!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #2486
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
There will be a secondary book for the foreseeable future-- got some exciting stuff lined up!
Well that's nice! I know you probably can't get into more detail but I'm already a little excited.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #2487
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hey Bobby,

Anything to say regarding lessons learned from TMNT Universe? What do you think worked, what do you think didn't, anything in hindsight you wish could have been different?
Old 05-23-2018, 03:50 PM   #2488
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Stand alone issue.
Thanks! I'm very excited for this!
Old 05-23-2018, 04:55 PM   #2489
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Hey Bobby,

Anything to say regarding lessons learned from TMNT Universe? What do you think worked, what do you think didn't, anything in hindsight you wish could have been different?
Good question-- ask me after Universe wraps? I'll be able to speak more concretely then. This response makes it seem like i'm hiding a secret or something, i'm not-- i'd just rather let the issues that are still to come have a chance to exist and be appreciated on their own merit before giving a eulogy for the series, if that makes sense.
Old 05-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #2490
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

With TMNT Universe ending. Are there plans for any more spinoff comics? Maybe another Mutanimals spinoff?
Old 05-23-2018, 05:27 PM   #2491
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
With TMNT Universe ending. Are there plans for any more spinoff comics? Maybe another Mutanimals spinoff?
Yep, we'll continue to have secondary TMNT books.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:09 AM   #2492
AlessandraDC
Thug

I'm sad to see TMNT U go. There were some really great stories, like Karai's and Metalhead.
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:14 AM   #2493
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Hey Bobby, apologies if this has been asked already, I haven't been around these parts in a while.

Is Mateus Santolouco finished with IDW TMNT? He hasn't done interior art in about a year and he isn't in any of the solicits for upcoming issues either. Would it be fair to say that Dave Wachter is the de facto primary artist of the main series at this point?

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #2494
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wentos View Post
Hey Bobby, apologies if this has been asked already, I haven't been around these parts in a while.

Is Mateus Santolouco finished with IDW TMNT? He hasn't done interior art in about a year and he isn't in any of the solicits for upcoming issues either. Would it be fair to say that Dave Wachter is the de facto primary artist of the main series at this point?
Mateus is hard at work on something big for TMNT-- we're stockpiling stuff so we can make various deadlines in 2019. Look for an announcement around San Diego Comic Con!
Old 05-27-2018, 05:59 PM   #2495
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Mateus is hard at work on something big for TMNT-- we're stockpiling stuff so we can make various deadlines in 2019. Look for an announcement around San Diego Comic Con!
Going from that statement, is it safe to assume the cancellation of Universe didn't pose that much of an obstacle to the content of the story you want to tell? Did you adapt things handily enough?
Old 05-27-2018, 07:15 PM   #2496
Zage
Hench Mutant

Do you think that we'll see any Next Mutation characters, in the comics? Such as Venus, Vam Mi, Bonesteel, Dragon Lord, or Dr. Quease.

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun

Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #2497
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

He's already said 'no' to Venus several times now. The Dragon Lord seems to be the only one that is going to show up...eventually. He's been built up for years now, and will probably be the biggest threat of the series.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:01 PM   #2498
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Going from that statement, is it safe to assume the cancellation of Universe didn't pose that much of an obstacle to the content of the story you want to tell? Did you adapt things handily enough?
No, it didn't really change anything. We had a set of stories that we wanted to tie into the lead up to #100. It was just a matter of whether they were going to labeled Universe or not.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:02 PM   #2499
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zage View Post
Do you think that we'll see any Next Mutation characters, in the comics? Such as Venus, Vam Mi, Bonesteel, Dragon Lord, or Dr. Quease.
Possible, but no plans at this time. I'm personally not that familiar with those characters.
Old 05-27-2018, 10:23 PM   #2500
Wentos
Foot Soldier

Quote:
That's great news, Bobby! I'm looking forward to it!

- Release the Nick show on blu-ray
- Release the 4kids series in a complete series or season sets

Only then will we be satisfied.
Wentos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobby curnow, idw, idw's tmnt, questions, tom waltz