The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2019, 12:08 AM   #1
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,676
Green Eggs and Ham: Netflix series



Netflix Will Finally Release Its Star-Studded ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ Series This Year
Xav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:41 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,525
Season 1? Are they implying they'll make more? How can you possibly make more than one season out of a children's book like this? Scratch that, how can you make more than one episode? Let me recap the entire plot for you:

"Guy is offered a meal he thinks looks gross but keeps getting offered, he keeps refusing until he gives in and it turns out he likes it."

That's it, this plot could at best cover like five minutes.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 09:48 AM   #3
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,038
WTF, Netflix.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
snake
Noided
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post

That's it, this plot could at best cover like five minutes.
I could think of at least three ways to stretch this out into a full season.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I could think of at least three ways to stretch this out into a full season.
#1. GrimDark Green Eggs and Ham
#2. Green Eggs and Ham Porn Parody
#3. ... GrimDark Porn Parody? I dunno, man. It's frickin' Green Eggs and Ham.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 11:26 PM   #6
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Xav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
How can you possibly make more than one season out of a children's book like this? Scratch that, how can you make more than one episode?
How DID the eggs turn green? For that matter, why IS the ham green? What SHADE of green are the eggs and ham? Are they the SAME shade or some subtle differences? Were ALL the options and locations for eating them explored? Why not in tiny home or a converted duplex? Who WAS this fox? See, there are SO many avenues to explore...
Xav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:43 AM   #7
neatoman
Emperor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 5,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
How DID the eggs turn green? For that matter, why IS the ham green? What SHADE of green are the eggs and ham? Are they the SAME shade or some subtle differences? Were ALL the options and locations for eating them explored? Why not in tiny home or a converted duplex? Who WAS this fox? See, there are SO many avenues to explore...
I don't want them to explain, so please, just refrain.
Not the goat, not the boat. Not the house, not the mouse.
Not the fox nor the box. I do not want to, Xav I have.
I do not care if green eggs and ham were a sham.
I not care if they came from a wizard or a lizard.
I do not care, Xav I have. Don't explain, so just refrain.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM   #8
Egon1982
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Planet Mars
Posts: 120
I always liked that book as a kid and i loved the Depatie-Freleng version as a kid as well.

But how the hell can you turn a book like that into a series?
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:38 AM   #9
cammy85
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 490
There IS one possibility. It could just be the continuing adventures of Sam I Am and his friend as they explore other common things kids don't like and try to put a positive spin on it.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM   #10
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 14,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy85 View Post
There IS one possibility. It could just be the continuing adventures of Sam I Am and his friend as they explore other common things kids don't like and try to put a positive spin on it.
That actually sounds pretty decent.

Although I like my ideas better.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:02 PM   #11
Wildcat
Mad Scientist
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,154
What if they opened a restaurant that served other unique food? Maybe a food truck where they travel and meet other characters. That could be fun.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #12
sdp
gfy
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Megalopolis
Posts: 7,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Season 1? Are they implying they'll make more? How can you possibly make more than one season out of a children's book like this? Scratch that, how can you make more than one episode? Let me recap the entire plot for you:

"Guy is offered a meal he thinks looks gross but keeps getting offered, he keeps refusing until he gives in and it turns out he likes it."

That's it, this plot could at best cover like five minutes.
dude, watch the spoilers, there's a tag for that you know, reported.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.