The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #21
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

I doubt they're doing it in the first JL movie, but I hope Darkseid eventually gets a nice live action treatment. I can't believe they made him a FF movie-like Galactus thing in Smallville, then offed him with one stupid punch from Clark.

Kanon mentioned WW. I'd like to see Ares before all is said and done. It'd be fun to see Darkseid eventually, but maybe not in the first film. Hope they build up to him over time. I don't know though, I'm afraid they'll show him shaking hands with someone at the end of a film and the plans for sequels will get scrapped. So does anyone know who they'd like to see as a villain in the JL movie? I'd like an Injustice Gang for the first one. Or Secret Society, or whatever they're calling themselves this week. A team of heroes is great to see, but a supervillain team up could rock too.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #22
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
I doubt they're doing it in the first JL movie, but I hope Darkseid eventually gets a nice live action treatment. I can't believe they made him a FF movie-like Galactus thing in Smallville, then offed him with one stupid punch from Clark.
Man, you said it..they really didn't do the character justice at all.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:59 PM   #23
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Oh good, I was hoping I wouldn't ruffle any feathers or anything. I liked Smallville, especially season 8 with Doomsday. Darkseid was just a big letdown for me personally, however. Seems like most of the big bads in Marvel and DC can't really get a break barring Thanos. Man I can't wait to see him take center stage, as well as Apocalypse and whichever big bads DC decides to use in their film franchise.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #24
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Big question is: Will to be better then the first live-action Justice League movie.
??????????????????????????????
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #25
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
??????????????????????????????
There was a two part special in 79 and a failed pilot back in 97. Both worth a watch.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #26
Raven
follower of Jesus

Turns out WB has more then the Justice League in plan at the moment, according to the washington post WB currently has 9 more DC properties in development.

http://www.newsarama.com/20980-repor...rner-bros.html

Some on the plate are:
The Metal Men
Fables
100 Bullets
Sandman
Shazam

These are a few of the properties they are developing that were named as well alongside the announcement with the Justice League movie. I'm sure this could easily change though.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #27
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

no

Quote:
My friend and I talked about this last night and we both agreed with the idea. Allow the characters to be introduced into Justice league and then have them branch out into their perspective franchises.

Damn you are just trying to bait someone into a reaction
I'm not at all. Look at DC movies compared to marvel,. they are terrible and with all the hype the avengers was a total let down. when the action finally happened the movie was over. DC films, Man of steel sucked, every superman movie besides the original 4 sucked. Green lantern sucked, the dark night rises sucked, ect. They had some good ones but compared to marvel they are bottom of the barrel.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:19 AM   #28
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I'm not at all. Look at DC movies compared to marvel,. they are terrible and with all the hype the avengers was a total let down. when the action finally happened the movie was over. DC films, Man of steel sucked, every superman movie besides the original 4 sucked. Green lantern sucked, the dark night rises sucked, ect. They had some good ones but compared to marvel they are bottom of the barrel.
I liked Man of Steel and Dark knight Rises...
Old 04-29-2014, 04:22 AM   #29
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Quote:
Damn you are just trying to bait someone into a reaction
Quote:

Let me get this straight... You're saying Marvel movies are better than DC movies, but The Avengers was a letdown? You're saying there wasn't enough action in The Avengers, but you like Superman: The Movie? The Dark Knight Rises sucks? You've seen Superman IV, and you don't think it sucks?

Please, indulge us. What are your favorite comic book movies?
Old 04-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #30
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Superman IV has a woeful and blown budget and several incomprehensible moments, but Gene Hackman steals the show and it had a topical plot at the time, I do find myself rewatching bits of it now and then.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:33 AM   #31
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I liked the Green Lantern movie and Avengers was one to show the beginning of their group work. You can`t tell a whole story in just one movie, there will be sure another one with a lot more action.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #32
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Thought about a few more possible threats for the JL movie. I think Brainiac would be a good one. He's not too big of a baddy for the JL to go up against in the first movie. Or I suppose they could use those white Martians.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:28 AM   #33
sdp
Megan Fox = April

DC doesn't make as many movies as Marvel but I don't think their quality is as bad. Let's begin with post-2000 movies. The Nolan Batman trilogy is excellent, sure there are some decisions I strongly disagree with in Rises but it's still a far better movie than most Marvel films. Catwoman was a dud but Elektra was far worse, sure Elektra is not a Marvel Studios movie but at that time Marvel Studios wasn't making movies. Superman Returns wasn't that bad it just wasn't the movie we needed Superman to be in. Green Lantern is far from bad, it's just average and did nothing new, but it's on par with most Marvel movies. Man of Steel has people that don't like it but personally I loved it and was happy with the direction. In fact I'm mad that the sequels has all this clutter of other superheroes since I want a Superman movie not a crossover movie. So I wouldn't say that DC is doing that bad moviewise, they're just not doing much at all which is a shame.

I like DC heroes far more than Marvel and while I would've never imagined a JL movie ever happening now that it is I'm not as excited as I could've been if it didn't feel so "me too", pay attention to us again. Still excited though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
He's not too big of a baddy for the JL to go up against in the first movie. Or I suppose they could use those white Martians.
Well counting we don't have Martian Manhunter we won't get the white Martians, which is probably good, he's really out there and too similar to Superman for people to appreciate him as much as I like him. An alien invasion would be similar to Avengers as well, then again being similar to Marvel hasn't stopped DC.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:15 PM   #34
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Starts shooting on 4/11. Snyder is still on board to direct despite the rumors.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/21...tarts-April-11

Our first look at the Flash costume in the corner. Looks like a new Aquaman costume next to it. Add some color to that generic black costume next to that one and you could have GL or Nightwing.

NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:21 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord

Would definitely be nice to see Nightwing make his movie debut.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 06:26 PM   #36
Commenter 42
Banned

They look like crackheads. Stay Classy Snyder.
Commenter 42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 08:08 PM   #37
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I just re-watched New Frontier and what a great movie it is and answers the question of "too many characters". We basically get an introduction to Batman, flash, Wonder Woman and Superman and not only do we get an origin for Martian Manhunter but also Green Lantern without mentioning Green Arrow, Aquaman among others also make guest appearances.

It also made me realize how easily and relatable Martian Manhunter can be, sadly he won't be in the movie and Green Lantern is also getting the boot..
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:59 PM   #38
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

JK Simmons to play Commissioner Gordon in Justice League

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...simmons-873227
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:26 PM   #39
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

Y'know...I can totally see that working. I can dig it.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 02:55 PM   #40
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post

There's some kind of joking reference to be made about him having such a prominent role in a series of Marvel based films and then jumping over to DC, but I can't seem to put together the words for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote