The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-16-2018, 09:03 PM   #41
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
The way I see it, Hob wants to create more mutants, as he sees it as a way to give animals who are constantly used and abused by humans the ability and means to fight back and take charge of their own lives, whereas Leatherhead believes that all mutants (including himself) are aberrations, crimes against nature, and should not exist. Leatherhead is like one of those people who think we should just give up on civilization and go back to wandering through the woods naked, eating berries and sh!t. It seems like their goals would align on rare occasion but not most of the time.

If the Mutanimals came across a warehouse full of stolen pets in captivity, Hob would totally want to mutate and recruit them while Leatherhead would demand they simply be returned to their natural habitats
I agree, but Leatherhead would not want to kill preexisting mutants. It just doesn't jive with his personality. He had plenty of chances to kill the Turtles and Hob, and didn't take them. Which is why I'm hoping, given Slash's current circumstances and the EPF mercilessly hunting mutants down, he would come to form a partnership or alliance with Hob against Bishop and/or Null. However brief. This could, in turn, eventually soften his stance towards others.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:50 PM   #42
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I agree, but Leatherhead would not want to kill preexisting mutants. It just doesn't jive with his personality. He had plenty of chances to kill the Turtles and Hob, and didn't take them. Which is why I'm hoping, given Slash's current circumstances and the EPF mercilessly hunting mutants down, he would come to form a partnership or alliance with Hob against Bishop and/or Null. However brief. This could, in turn, eventually soften his stance towards others.
But look at the theme of the whole story... Leatherhead finds a corrupted mutation of nature--the monster squid. The mutant squid.

Previously, he has worked with and coexisted alongside the mutants... namely, the Turtles. But only as he focused on killing Utroms, his primary goals.

If he wants to protect mutants, he wouldn't have killed the mutant squid hydra. But he kills it, and then decides all monsters need to be destroyed. Not that poor hapless animals turned into mutants need to be protected--that's Hob. But that they need to be put down.

Leatherhead is more likely to work WITH BISHOP, not the Mutanimals.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #43
ChosenOne
Banned

I took it as him killing the mutant squid to protect the seal, and all the imagery that comes with that in the grander scheme of things. But who knows, you could be right. One thing's for sure, Leatherhead is by far the loosest cannon in the mix.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:57 PM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

You know, in all the talk of how Slash and Leatherhead are going to interact...I've just realized that Slash will likely just end up being Leatherhead's opposite so much to the point that there will probably be a combat situation.

Slash has been imprisoned and abused by Bishop and traumatized by his experiences at Stockgen, much in the same way as Leatherhead was by Krang. But because the turtles - specifically Michelangelo - managed to intervene early and help him find a place of calm, I don't think Slash would kill Bishop if he got the chance. He's too tired of that sh*t, man.

I also predict that he might try to reason with Leatherhead, with little success. But hey, it would be fun to watch Leatherhead fight something bigger and heavier than him.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #45
ChosenOne
Banned

Is Slash that someone, though? He doesn't look like it. Leatherhead might just have to wait for Rocksteady to come back around to New York City... Either that, or hope Ch'rell has some brand spanking new Hulk-sized combat exosuit stashed away!

Speaking of which, IDW Triceratons are very much nerfed compared to other iterations. At least the ones I'm familiar with. Donnie was practically manhandling two of them on his own just fine... Good luck with that on either of the animated series!
Old 05-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #46
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

While I do see your point, I don't think Rocksteady is much of a worthy opponent for Leatherhead. Especially since they don't really parallel each other all that much. He's more of a mini boss than Slash is.

As much as I think Ch'rell will adopt Krang's green armor, who is Ch'rell without going absolutely nuts on a suit of armor with too many arms? But...what if the black armor Krang used in Attack on the Technodrome was Ch'rell's?

Yeah, the Triceratons even seem a bit more lithe, at least by this design.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:12 PM   #47
ChosenOne
Banned

True, there's not much to connect them thematically, but I was going solely off the physical aspect. Rocksteady and Leatherhead are the largest mutants we've seen. Some of the Triceratons might be as big, I don't know. Ocho is larger for sure but she's not a mutant. Otherwise, yeah... He and Slash are gonna have to interact at some point, all signs point in that direction, and I'm curious to see how it'll go. They have way too much in common not to meet.

There's definitely precedent for Ch'rell wearing a four-armed suit! I can't wait to see him really cut loose. I expect him to be much more hands-on than Krang, and even more vicious. Not the kind of Utrom to simply panic and surrender when he's pulled out of his armor, either. At least I hope not.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:44 PM   #48
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Well yeah, considering the very first thing he did in the 2003 show when he was exposed ? Honeycutt does consider "one of" Krang's deadliest warriors, so he probably would keep fighting if someone pulled him out.

He's also bigger than the average Utrom, so he probably has a stronger grip too.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 05-16-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:12 AM   #49
Technogeek29
Mad Scientist

Man this is the solo Donatello story I was looking for and I am so happy I got it. I love this issue so so much and its nice to finally speak with you guys again. Life at sea makes you quite the stranger.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:42 AM   #50
Powder
So tired of this place

I didn't realize it until reading this story but Donnie definitely needed something like this. Very Mirage, spiritually. I feel bad for the two alien factions, though. Cool Leatherhead back-up, seems like a natural lead in to his meeting up with The Mighty Mutanimals.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote