The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How long should the film be?
1 hour, 30 minutes (like the Original Trilogy) 8 10.81%
2 hours 43 58.11%
2 hours, 30 minutes 20 27.03%
2 hours, 40 minutes+ 3 4.05%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #41
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I found this website, no idea how reliable it is, claiming the running time is 87 minutes, mine you that may seem short, but it's still longer than Liebesman's Darkness Falls.
http://movieleaks.co/movie/teenage-m...ninja-turtles/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
I know Wikipedia is not the best either, but that says 89 minutes.
Please god, say it isnt so..... the 07 movie was about that short and look how rushed and ****** that one turned out. Ive stated this before but I would love to see a 2 to 21/2 hr turtle movie if the story and character development was right. After reading some of these comments tho I think I might be the only one.

speaking of which if anyone is good or expierienced with scripts what would you say the run time would be based off the bluedoor script?
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:08 PM   #42
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle View Post
Please god, say it isnt so..... the 07 movie was about that short and look how rushed and ****** that one turned out. Ive stated this before but I would love to see a 2 to 21/2 hr turtle movie if the story and character development was right. After reading some of these comments tho I think I might be the only one.

speaking of which if anyone is good or expierienced with scripts what would you say the run time would be based off the bluedoor script?
Chances ar eit will be a long movie, Transformer has a genral run time of about

TF1-144 minutes
TF2-150 minutes
TF3-157 minutes
Wrath of the titans-100 minutes
Battle LA-116 minutes
so im betting its going to be 120 minutes give or take

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #43
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Take into the account that the running time also counts for Opening Credits and End Credits. The movie could be a little over 2 hours, But there might be a few minutes of open credits and end credits thrown in, and sometimes an end credit scene.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #44
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Chances ar eit will be a long movie, Transformer has a genral run time of about

TF1-144 minutes
TF2-150 minutes
TF3-157 minutes
Wrath of the titans-100 minutes
Battle LA-116 minutes
so im betting its going to be 120 minutes give or take
id agree with 120...maybe even 144...as Tigerclaw said be sure to account for both opening and closing credits....even though i dont think bay films do much for opening credits

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle

Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 04-01-2014 at 08:46 PM.
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #45
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Hopefully it isn't short. 140 mins would be a perfect, ideal time to set up this Turtles reboot. Please let it be good running time.

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #46
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

part of me hopes we have enough time ..especially with the long character list we seem to have

even with the long time frame TF3 had i felt like we had a new character shoved in every 10 minutes

like the whole Deep Wang thing was just way to long..and set myself for that pun

however unlike TF these arnt random people made up for the screen

Old 04-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #47
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
id agree with 120...maybe even 144...as Tigerclaw said be sure to account for both opening and closing credits....even though i dont think bay films do much for opening credits
YEah their pretty short Be cool to have a Remix TMNT wolf intro before hand (doubt they would) but thats more a fan want then anything.

As for end credit those are freaking long now and days with all the CGI it takes tons of teams working on different aspects and each has to be recognized

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-01-2014, 08:54 PM   #48
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

Quote:
YEah their pretty short Be cool to have a Remix TMNT wolf intro before hand (doubt they would) but thats more a fan want then anything.
if i remember right most of the transformers opening ones are even non exisitant

a remix would be cool, but honestly recently i re listened to the current theme after the trailer came out and i feel it fits alot better with the current movie than the older one will

Old 04-01-2014, 09:02 PM   #49
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
if i remember right most of the transformers opening ones are even non exisitant

a remix would be cool, but honestly recently i re listened to the current theme after the trailer came out and i feel it fits alot better with the current movie than the older one will
Or that I love the new theme is like a revamp of the old one anyway so it would be cool to have that instead.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #50
Puddinpop
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Nightwalker View Post
Agreed. It will float in the middle time wise, and the lack of effort is damned SHAME. The franchise deserves better.
Nothing personal and I mean no offense here but, I don't understand how anyone can think there was a "lack of effort" put into making this film.. Its hasn't been released yet. I think it would take a lack of effort to write a story that has already been written, create designs that have already been created. Don't you? This movie has been in motion for almost five years now bc they wanted to get it right. That to me is not a lack of effort at all and anyone saying so is insulting every person that has dedicated serious amounts of time and energy into making this movie. Rather than saying what a "lack of effort" it is I wish people would stop being so entitled and start appreciating the fact that were getting a new 130 million dollar TMNT film.

Last edited by Puddinpop; 04-02-2014 at 12:52 AM.
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #51
pdizzle
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Nothing person and I mean no offense here but, I don't understand how anyone can think there was a "lack of effort" put into making this film.. Its hasn't been released yet. I think it would take a lack of effort to write a story that has already been written, create designs that have already been created. Don't you? This movie has been in motion for almost five years now bc they wanted to get it right. That to me is not a lack of effort at all and anyone saying so is insulting every person that has dedicated serious amounts of time and energy into making this movie. Rather than saying what a "lack of effort" it is I wish people would stop being to entitled and start appreciating the fact that were getting a new 130 million dollar TMNT film.
I seriously couldnt agree with this anymore than I do..... very well put bro...
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #52
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Nothing person and I mean no offense here but, I don't understand how anyone can think there was a "lack of effort" put into making this film.. Its hasn't been released yet. I think it would take a lack of effort to write a story that has already been written, create designs that have already been created. Don't you? This movie has been in motion for almost five years now bc they wanted to get it right. That to me is not a lack of effort at all and anyone saying so is insulting every person that has dedicated serious amounts of time and energy into making this movie. Rather than saying what a "lack of effort" it is I wish people would stop being to entitled and start appreciating the fact that were getting a new 130 million dollar TMNT film.
Quote:
I seriously couldnt agree with this anymore than I do..... very well put bro...
Agreed And it suck people feel so entitled Guh

And they ruined it for everyone Mass effect anyone, Guh how great it could have ended but nope fans got their way and still weren't happy with it GUH

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #53
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired all all these so called people thinking there entitled for something that's reminiscence of the 1980s, They complain about the way the Transformers looked, Yet those films were huge box office successes, the reason, Cause it got a whole new generation of fans.

this movie is going to get a new generation of Fans that may have never seen a TMNT movie in there live, And only know about it through there own parents who at one time watches the cartoons, and probably caught the Nickelodeon series, You know Nickelodeon is going to promote the hell out of this movie on there network.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #54
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Yeah, I'm getting sick and tired all all these so called people thinking there entitled for something that's reminiscence of the 1980s, They complain about the way the Transformers looked, Yet those films were huge box office successes, the reason, Cause it got a whole new generation of fans.

this movie is going to get a new generation of Fans that may have never seen a TMNT movie in there live, And only know about it through there own parents who at one time watches the cartoons, and probably caught the Nickelodeon series, You know Nickelodeon is going to promote the hell out of this movie on there network.
see that why i dont care what they fans say about transformers. They gained so many new fans because of that movie, and the same will be done with this movie Just people being Vocal Annoyances. Just wish people would stop with the This doesn't look like the 80's so it suck and thus MBay is raping my Childhood, its really stupid.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #55
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
see that why i dont care what they fans say about transformers. They gained so many new fans because of that movie, and the same will be done with this movie Just people being Vocal Annoyances. Just wish people would stop with the This doesn't look like the 80's so it suck and thus MBay is raping my Childhood, its really stupid.
But this is the deal, it's not just us 80's fans that are bitchin, and the Turtles do have an entire new generation of fans thanks to the Nick toon (which is a great compromise across the entire TMNT lore) They are complaining about the looks too and are confused as to why there is such a different movie out compared to what they are seeing in the toon. So, it's not just people stuck in the 80's. Hey, I was hoping to take my 8 year old cousin to see the TMMT movie this year, we're both fans of the Nick toon, and Transformers, and thought this would be a great movie, but the second she saw Mikey's face, that went out the window.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #56
graphic_content
Mad Scientist

I'm hoping at least 2hrs. Not that I want some elongated storyline for the sake of fluff, but I've haven't seen a live action turtles on a movie screen since the mess that was TMNT III, so the longer the better I say.

I just don't want six different endings like LOTR...I raced to the bathroom when it was 'finally' done.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:17 PM   #57
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
But this is the deal, it's not just us 80's fans that are bitchin, and the Turtles do have an entire new generation of fans thanks to the Nick toon (which is a great compromise across the entire TMNT lore) They are complaining about the looks too and are confused as to why there is such a different movie out compared to what they are seeing in the toon. So, it's not just people stuck in the 80's. Hey, I was hoping to take my 8 year old cousin to see the TMMT movie this year, we're both fans of the Nick toon, and Transformers, and thought this would be a great movie, but the second she saw Mikey's face, that went out the window.
But not everyone feels like way I have Three neices and four nephews all TMNT fans ranging from 3-12 and they all love this So much and they are super excited Talked to alot of younger customers from work and they all are super excited about it and love it, Twitter and tumblr filled with alot of love as well as hate,

This is the same reaction fans give anything; Batman, Superman Transformer, spiderman, xmen, avengers, thor, All have the same level of complainers. and its getting really irritating people Feel that they have to be catered to Personally they don't and never will.

love you mom...
Quote:
--- @Ceejay
Old 04-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #58
Warhorse
Emperor

Quote:
But not everyone feels like way I have Three neices and four nephews all TMNT fans ranging from 3-12 and they all love this So much and they are super excited Talked to alot of younger customers from work and they all are super excited about it and love it, Twitter and tumblr filled with alot of love as well as hate,

This is the same reaction fans give anything; Batman, Superman Transformer, spiderman, xmen, avengers, thor, All have the same level of complainers. and its getting really irritating people Feel that they have to be catered to Personally they don't and never will.
Like I said, the BO will be the defining answer. So, we'll see.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:55 AM   #59
Breadcrab
Random Punk

Quote:

Not sure how many pages the Blue Door script was, but I do know that in professional screenplays, each page is meant to equal approximately 1 minute of screen time.

So if you have access to the script, take the page count, maybe add 5-10 minutes and there you go.
Breadcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:14 AM   #60
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
The movie is still being shot and then it needs post production, any potential re-shoots, editing, sound etc.

In the end:
Transformers 3: 154min
Transformers 2: 150min
Transformers: 144min
A Nightmare on Elm St.: 95min
Bad Boys 2: 147min
Bad Boys: 118min
The Rock: 136min
Armageddon: 151min
Pearl Harbor: 183min

That's just looking at some of his movie. I dont know if he has any shorter than 90min.
Bless, I was hoping it'll b 2 hours++ movie. Seems like it'll follow that trend too hopefully.

Let it go on for as long as it can.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
live action films