The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #2821
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
Which Toy fair is this and When ?
90% of your posts are questions you could have just Googled yourself.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:28 AM   #2822
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
That's because I hit "sell similar" and forgot to update everything. I agree it needs to be changed, no argument there.
So why don't you change it? You revised the auction shipping terms late last night, yet I'm still seeing it listed as undamaged.

Selling a damaged/repaired accessory to a $100 figure for $75 without disclosing any of the issues seems a bit fishy.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:57 AM   #2823
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Has anyone else received a Disguise Raphael with a ripped Trenchcoat? All four of mine arrived that way.
Are these the ones you got from me? I have a spot where the sewing was missed on the bottom left front of the coat on the one I kept. My wife said shes is going to fix it for me. This wasnt visible from inside the packaging, but if its a trend you should send them back and I can deal with NECA.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #2824
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
This wasnt visible from inside the packaging, but if its a trend you should send them back and I can deal with NECA.
I would assume this would be the proper way of dealing with the damaged merch as opposed to flipping on eBay at a massive profit (without disclosing the damage/repair)

That's just me, though.
Old 02-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #2825
AquaParade
Banned

Say it ain't so, Latin Kings! Say it ain't so!
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 03:44 PM   #2826
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

First off, ALL of my trenchcoats were like this. My father is very capable at sewing and fixed them for me. Still disappointing and an inconvenience.

All five arrived like this. NECA was extremely unhelpful. It isn't practical to have to return five figures. Especially when they could just have the factory produce x amount more of them and ship them to people who bought a figure with this issue. It would literally cost them a few dollars a piece to ship them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
So true d_osborn!
I won't say what I think of you because I prefer not to be banned for two weeks, but this is pretty low. I shipped close to twenty 1:4 scale figures overseas to this guy for retail cost + actual shipping so he could sell them for twice that and this is the thanks I get.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:24 PM   #2827
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
First off, ALL of my trenchcoats were like this. My father is very capable at sewing and fixed them for me. Still disappointing and an inconvenience.

All five arrived like this. NECA was extremely unhelpful. It isn't practical to have to return five figures. Especially when they could just have the factory produce x amount more of them and ship them to people who bought a figure with this issue. It would literally cost them a few dollars a piece to ship them.

I won't say what I think of you because I prefer not to be banned for two weeks, but this is pretty low. I shipped close to twenty 1:4 scale figures overseas to this guy for retail cost + actual shipping so he could sell them for twice that and this is the thanks I get.
What kind of tear/rip are you referring to? Is it the same place as mine and like I described earlier?

Font of coat a missed a sewing seam? If so thats a really minor fix and I get repairing it just fine.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:22 PM   #2828
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What kind of tear/rip are you referring to? Is it the same place as mine and like I described earlier?

Font of coat a missed a sewing seam? If so thats a really minor fix and I get repairing it just fine.
Repairing it is fine. However, I'm pretty sure listing/selling it as new/undamaged without disclosing damage/repairs is against eBay's TOS.

Coro, is this something you would do to the NECA TMNT items you sell? Repair without disclosing damage to "new merch"?
Old 02-21-2018, 03:33 PM   #2829
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Repairing it is fine. However, I'm pretty sure listing/selling it as new/undamaged without disclosing damage/repairs is against eBay's TOS.

Coro, is this something you would do to the NECA TMNT items you sell? Repair without disclosing damage to "new merch"?
No, I only sell new merch unless its on eBay and stated otherwise.

I am just curious if they all have the same issue-might be a situation where NECA might just ship me trenchcoats

Old 02-22-2018, 03:40 AM   #2830
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:

Really professional and customer-friendly this message. But if you want to play it that way, fine.
  • Two 1:4 figures arrived broken and no compensation or something for these
  • My 1:4 Mike is taken out the box and used because his nunchuck was stored in the back and due to this a piece of his shell is dented
  • This guy claims I've made much profit on my purchases. He forgets how high and unpredictable the import fees are. I also waited very long om several parcels. I've only sold a couple of figures so my own figures don't cost me that much.
  • The price i paid was higher then retail prices in the US, so you had margin of profit. Why else would a dealer like you sell me this stuff?
  • Talking about being low: remember you blackmailed me for giving a Track & Trace code of a parcel I've bought from you?

Like I mentioned before don't twist the facts.

Not cool man, not cool.

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 02-22-2018 at 04:43 AM.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 AM   #2831
Will not be censored

Quote:

Yes. The tear is in the same place on e very coat. I have purchased six of these so far in total.. NECA's response was " you'll simply have to return them, we have no way of replacing just the coats, which is &%$#ing bull#$%&.

If you don't like me now, D_Osborn, you really won't if you visit B/S/T prior to the end of the day today.

To address LeoDonRaphMic: I have no idea what this blackmail is that you are referring to, and I have no recollection of selling you a Michelangelo that had been opened. You must have me confused with someone else. I clearly remember you receiving a Donatello with a break in the leg at the top where the pivot is, a common break in these figures, and demanding I replace it for you even though it was due to the negligence of postal workers. Six months later you are quoting European rules and regulations to me regarding the responsibility of the seller to replace broken items or even items that were stolen by passersby. We don't have such regulations here so I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. Your king or queen or whoever is in charge over there can shove their buyer protection regulations up their @$$.

There was one time when I sold you two figures for like $100 a piece plus actual shipping because you complained about how high customs fees were, and then after the fact bragged to me that you didn't have to pay any. I have found someone local who will order all of the NECA turtles I want for me. I could set up satellite sellers all over the world if I really wanted to-- I am not going to cry over one guy who has been nothing but a pain in the ass. Get someone else to sell you three Shredders for $160 shipped if you can. I don't care anymore.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 02-22-2018 at 05:50 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:54 AM   #2832
Coro
Mad Scientist

What happened to this thread?

I am going to contact NECA and tell them I had several issues from customers having coat tears. If anyone else is a customer of mine that had a defective coat, please PM me and send pics if possible please.

Old 02-22-2018, 07:40 AM   #2833
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
90% of your posts are questions you could have just Googled yourself.

and the Rest of this Thread ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:14 AM   #2834
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What happened to this thread?
What happened is that your customer is flipping damaged product as new/undamaged, violating eBay's TOS, and getting called out.

Quote:
If you don't like me now, D_Osborn, you really won't if you visit B/S/T prior to the end of the day today.
I don't know you enough to like you or dislike you, and I have no idea what B/S/T is. Buy/Sell/Trade, I'm guessing? I simply don't like scumbag eBayers.

Do the right thing, label your auctions properly (damaged/repaired) and I'll stop pointing it out.

Quote:
NECA's response was " you'll simply have to return them, we have no way of replacing just the coats, which is &%$#ing bull#$%&.
My guess is he has already sold a few of the repaired coats and can't return them. Either that, or he wants NECA to send him a few freebies that he can also flip at a huge profit... which is &%$#ing bull#$%&.

Don't get greedy, NECA-- release a Raph accessory pack. You're leaving money on the table.
Don't get greedy, NECA-- release a Raph accessory pack. You're leaving money on the table.

Last edited by d_osborn; 02-22-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:45 AM   #2835
Will not be censored

Quote:

Old 02-22-2018, 09:49 AM   #2836
Coro
Mad Scientist

Thanks!

Thats the EXACT same issue I had with mine as well. Contacting NECA-no idea how long a response will take though.

Thanks for the pics. If any other customers have this issue please let me know ASAP.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:00 AM   #2837
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:

Quote:
Yes. The tear is in the same place on e very coat. I have purchased six of these so far in total.. NECA's response was " you'll simply have to return them, we have no way of replacing just the coats, which is &%$#ing bull#$%&.

To address LeoDonRaphMic: I have no idea what this blackmail is that you are referring to, and I have no recollection of selling you a Michelangelo that had been opened. You must have me confused with someone else. I clearly remember you receiving a Donatello with a break in the leg at the top where the pivot is, a common break in these figures, and demanding I replace it for you even though it was due to the negligence of postal workers. Six months later you are quoting European rules and regulations to me regarding the responsibility of the seller to replace broken items or even items that were stolen by passersby. We don't have such regulations here so I don't know what you are trying to accomplish. Your king or queen or whoever is in charge over there can shove their buyer protection regulations up their @$$.

There was one time when I sold you two figures for like $100 a piece plus actual shipping because you complained about how high customs fees were, and then after the fact bragged to me that you didn't have to pay any. I have found someone local who will order all of the NECA turtles I want for me. I could set up satellite sellers all over the world if I really wanted to-- I am not going to cry over one guy who has been nothing but a pain in the ass. Get someone else to sell you three Shredders for $160 shipped if you can. I don't care anymore.
Quote:
What happened is that your customer is flipping damaged product as new/undamaged, violating eBay's TOS, and getting called out.

Do the right thing, label your auctions properly (damaged/repaired) and I'll stop pointing it out.

I am going to be honest here. I am pretty sure every buyer is going to want this issue repaired. Its annoying and ugly and its right up front where everyone can see it, but it was clearly being hidden in the packaging. This is an error with their tooling or something at the factory, and NECA needs to be made aware as well.

I do see the argument of listing the items as being repaired, but I would totally want it repaired cause its a hideous error on NECAs part.

Their customer service is on point though, so I expect them to be willing to do something about it. I will keep everyone posted here.

On another note, lets keep this thread about the figures, their issues, and how we can get them fixed if we can please.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:21 AM   #2838
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

The conversation goes where it goes.

I would absolutely want the issue repaired, and I would absolutely go through NECA to have it done. This is exactly why I don't like buying flipped items on eBay.

There's no argument-- knowingly listing damaged/repaired items as new is against eBay's TOS. It's also a scummy thing to do. Pointing that out to people about to dump a bunch of money is the proper thing to do.

Honestly, I wouldn't have given it a second thought if Latin hadn't given me grief over wanting to directly support NECA and their dealers as opposed to buying overpriced, flipped merch on eBay.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:37 AM   #2839
Will not be censored

I only have one loose one left and that is for a custom project. The sewn ones represent new/undamaged items that I will order contingent upon their sale/sale of the bare Raphael figures. So technically there is no listing violation since I don't have them in hand yet. I used the repaired coat for my stock photo but I doubt that is a listing violation.

Quote:
Thanks!

Thats the EXACT same issue I had with mine as well. Contacting NECA-no idea how long a response will take though.

Thanks for the pics. If any other customers have this issue please let me know ASAP.
Except that the two I bought from them had the same issue, and when I contacted them via eBay they adamantly refused to do anything about it. Their response was "you are free to return the item, we have no access to replacement coats." I can screenshot this message if necessary. I only didn't send a nasty reply because I don't want to be blocked from buying from them in the future.
Quote:

Old 02-22-2018, 10:54 AM   #2840
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

From these pictures above, can we really call this a "rip" or is it just some extra material that should have been cut off after two pieces were sewn together?

Anybody have any better pics to help figure out whether there's an easy fix or not?

Technically NECA offers exactly ZERO end-customer support. They request for you to go through the original retailer you bought from for ANY AND ALL return issues. That's not usually them, although it is becoming more common now with SDCC stuff and more direct online sales.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote