The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #1881
Sumac
Banned

Bunch of optimistic non-sense those gifs are.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #1882
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Old 11-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #1883
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Am I missing something, or aren't there actual forum rules? As in, these ones right here?

I don't see anything on the list about "socio-political" topics being banned, so long as they're on-topic and don't involve obscenity, trolling, or harassment. (And wild speculation about an upcoming show would cover a pretty wide berth, I'd think.)

Generally topics get locked down because certain folks needlessly make them unpleasant or nasty. If y'don't like a subject folks are talking about, you can save everyone else the grief and just ignore it and move on. It's actually super easy.

Last edited by Bry; 11-20-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:43 PM   #1884
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Shredder orokusaki is great, when I first joined the drone we had Dr Doom who stayed in character in most posts and sometimes go on rants about the F4 He was a loved member.

I like how some people in this topic are already planning season 2 when we don't even know if the show will have one "Leo will become leader inns2/ Shredder for sure will be in s2"
Old 11-20-2017, 03:49 PM   #1885
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its pretty likely Nick plans 5 year runs for all its TMNT cartoons, the only exception would be if this show completely bombs or something.

Even before the 2012 show started Ciro said from the start Nick told him it would likely only be 5 seasons, and that's before it even came out to see if it was a hit. So it's likely they plan 5 year runs for each iteration.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:37 PM   #1886
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Its pretty likely Nick plans 5 year runs for all its TMNT cartoons, the only exception would be if this show completely bombs or something.

Even before the 2012 show started Ciro said from the start Nick told him it would likely only be 5 seasons, and that's before it even came out to see if it was a hit. So it's likely they plan 5 year runs for each iteration.
Personally I don't see how this lighter tone series could last very long, but I could be wrong. Maybe I'm just being biased as I suppose it might be a big hit w the real little ones. I just want something dark.
Old 11-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #1887
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Its pretty likely Nick plans 5 year runs for all its TMNT cartoons

"Yes, let's plan for all our glorified toy commercials to last at least 5 years right out of the gate, even though last time we did that it ended up as a confused mess that couldn't even keep up the ratings for 2. Let's also ignore how it's way more common to just let these sorts of things run for about 2 or 3 years and then reboot."

This might end up running for 5+ years but let's face it, unless they're making something super cheap, they're not going to intend for another show like that.
Hahahaha!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:49 PM   #1888
CyberCubed
Overlord

Why wouldn't they aim for a 5 year run? They didn't greenlit a new cartoon immediately after the previous one ended for no reason.

Ratings likely won't be any different than the Nick show but that's enough to keep it going, since that's not the only factor but both licensing, toy merch, and all the promotions Viacom does for it both online and on advertisements, etc.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:23 PM   #1889
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Any timeline for release of the animation ?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #1890
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show is currently slated for Fall 2018, we should get our first preview or at least the designs of the Turtles early next year. Or at least I hope.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #1891
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Wasn't all that happy w the voice artists... at least wo animation in front of it
Old 11-21-2017, 08:17 AM   #1892
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:

Ciro said he had a 5 season plan for his version of the show. Nick never told him he would only get 5 seasons before the show came out.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:41 AM   #1893
CyberCubed
Overlord

They most likely go hand in hand. Ciro wanted to make at least 5 seasons, Nick probably planned it to go that length.

5 years is about the age span when kids grow up and outgrow cartoons, they probably don't want it to go longer because all the kids who grew up from 2012 would be teens now and thus Nick believe they would move on from watching cartoons. Any kid who was 10 in 2012 is now 15.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:07 PM   #1894
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

With Playmates mimicking other brands gimmicks like Mashers and Titan figures, it would be nifty if the figures for Rise was similar in style like the new Disney Toy Box figures. They are very cool stylized and have a fair articulation scheme that is Playmates friendly.
Old 11-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #1895
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
Wasn't all that happy w the voice artists... at least wo animation in front of it
i didn't recognize any of the names. is this celebrity stunt casting that cartoons like to do these days?

or all new people?
Old 11-25-2017, 08:20 PM   #1896
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
i didn't recognize any of the names. is this celebrity stunt casting that cartoons like to do these days?

or all new people?
I'm not familiar with any of these actors, so they are all new to me.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:16 AM   #1897
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
There will be many episodes where i will go to Gotham and will beat Batman Batgirl Gordon Joker Penguin and Riddler. They must be eliminated for what they did to me! Especialy that crazy clown Jerome Valeska, also known as the Joker.
Jerome Valeska isn't the Joker dummy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
In Mirrage i came back later as a demon.
No you didn't that was the 2003 series. You can't even get your own facts straight.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:22 PM   #1898
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Only a supermod can "be the change".
Edited for accuracy.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 11-26-2017, 04:36 PM   #1899
Kamekichi
Random Punk

Quote:
They most likely go hand in hand. Ciro wanted to make at least 5 seasons, Nick probably planned it to go that length.

5 years is about the age span when kids grow up and outgrow cartoons, they probably don't want it to go longer because all the kids who grew up from 2012 would be teens now and thus Nick believe they would move on from watching cartoons. Any kid who was 10 in 2012 is now 15.
In Rob Paulsen's podcast before the show came out when they were working on Season Two Ciro said something about it could go all the way to ten seasons if he's lucky.
Old 11-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #1900
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

or all new people?
What do you mean by stunt casting? And vs all new people?

If anything I'm tired of Disney and now Nick's drive to seemingly purposely hire/cast people who can do 'all of the above' as far as entertainment goes. Act, sing, etc. Disney has always clearly done it to milk every angle of profits they possible can out of their little stars. (As long as they could sing and make albums it didn't matter if the acting for the tv show they were cast for was terrible since it's a kid's show, I guess.) But after the Macy's parade and realizing that the new April actress sings... Dear god, I swear if this new series has any singing... >.>

Remember back in the day when 'just' being a voice actor was someone's actual career...? Now everyone has to pursue everything for some reason.

Side note... I went to type the title into Google and accidentally spelled Rise as Ruse. Hm. lol Maybe...

Last edited by IndigoErth; 11-26-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
2018, rise of the tmnt, speculation, we're crimefighters