The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #201
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I just got around to seeing this episode. Had it on my DVR. I enjoyed the episode and thought it ended well but I did not really like that was just one big Ghostbusters episode.

I like references and nods to other franchises but this was entirely a Ghostbusters episode.

How did Don suddenly make proton packs? I know about the scan thing but I mean now they suddenly have technology to fight the undead? I know all his inventions are "convenient" but they were based on things he could draw from.

I just would have preferred it be more so its own thing. I loved zombie Shredder though.

Last edited by Wildcat; 04-22-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #202
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
I just got around to seeing this episode. Had it on my DVR. I enjoyed the episode and thought it ended well but I did not really like that was just one big Ghostbusters episode.

I like references and nods to other franchises but this was entirely a Ghostbusters episode.

How did Don suddenly make proton packs? I know about the scan thing but I mean now they suddenly have technology to fight the undead? I know all his inventions are "convenient" but they were based on things he could draw from.

I just would have preferred it be more so its own thing. I loved zombie Shredder though.
exactly.

You can't have a show that tries to be serious, and then throws all logic out the window to have a cool plot point.

And note to folks around here.

I can NOT like something, yet still be a fan of the franchise itself. that's not being a hypocrite. that's called sticking to your guns and still being interested in the franchise.

but, of course, i couldn't reply to that, cause the thread got locked lol..at least I stick to my guns. some people change their tune all the time! Or t ake pot shots at you and lock threads lol.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:02 AM   #203
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

This episode was a nice send off to the arc itself. So glad we won't have to deal with Shredder anymore and I liked how Splinter got to say a proper farewell to his family and his daughter considering she never got to say goodbye to him. The Ghostbusters references were great also. I wish this wasn't Tiger Claw's last appearance though as I would love to see him team up with the Turtles at least once before the series ends. But if this is it for him, at least he made a truce with them. Overall, I felt the episode was good for what it was and it handled things nicely.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 03:41 PM   #204
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Well, as far as Kavaxas returning...

Spoiler:
Doesn't he return in that episode with Dracula? It's the one where you see him kneeling in front of Dracula, with a Werewolf, Swamp Monster, and I think possibly Frankenstein's Monster there too.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:10 AM   #205
MarsicornYT
Foot Soldier

Really? Where did you see that? Was it in the promo? That would be awesome if he returned, I really like him
MarsicornYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #206
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsicornYT View Post
Really? Where did you see that? Was it in the promo? That would be awesome if he returned, I really like him
It was in a old promo pic or something shown on here a few months ago.

The ep is called The Crypt of Dracula
if you need something to look up.

To be fair, I assume it was him because it's the only
Spoiler:
dragon-person creature I know of, but on second thought, it might have been Savanti
but there is no voice actor listed on Turtlepedia, so either they don't know or they have no speaking lines.

Also, very spoiler-y, but
Spoiler:
Raph gets turned into a vampire.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 05-09-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:02 PM   #207
Vegita-San
Emperor

tmnt ; the goth series is what we should rename this version of TMNT sometimes ;o)

oy
Old 05-09-2017, 12:29 PM   #208
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Well, as far as Kavaxas returning...

Spoiler:
Doesn't he return in that episode with Dracula? It's the one where you see him kneeling in front of Dracula, with a Werewolf, Swamp Monster, and I think possibly Frankenstein's Monster there too.
Kavaxas aint going to be in anymore episodes.

Here's the pic, it's Savanti Romero not Kavaxas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzdqP5eccEM&t=2s

The monsters are Dracula, A mummy, A werewolf and Frankensteins monster

Last edited by Vicky82; 05-09-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 02:55 PM   #209
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
tmnt ; the goth series is what we should rename this version of TMNT sometimes ;o)

oy
Are you being serious? There is now way this show is dark, not with things like butt-cannons and cats made of ice cream.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:06 PM   #210
Vegita-San
Emperor

which is why alot of it doesn't work ;o).

Splinter dying off screen one shot, butt cannons and firing piles of garbage at the enemy the next .

just seems like alot of times is trying to be dark and brooding and someone else won't let it be that . hence, dracula and monsters .
Old 05-09-2017, 03:28 PM   #211
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
which is why alot of it doesn't work ;o).

Splinter dying off screen one shot, butt cannons and firing piles of garbage at the enemy the next .

just seems like alot of times is trying to be dark and brooding and someone else won't let it be that . hence, dracula and monsters .
Yeah, this show definitely felt like it was bipolar or something at times.
It also couldn't decide if it wanted to be it's own thing or just a modern FW.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:52 PM   #212
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Yeah, this show definitely felt like it was bipolar or something at times.
It also couldn't decide if it wanted to be it's own thing or just a modern FW.
While adding in copious amounts of OT crossovers whenever being a modern FW failed to suffice.

Maybe the next, NEXT, show should be a more 'serious' OT version with better plots and less cheese, shown on Adult Swim no less, so people can finally get the seemingly immortal OT 'itch' out of their systems.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #213
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Alot of FW nods for sure, but Id say this show is almost nothing like FW to its very core. This show does not have:

1. Channel Six dynamic
2. Technodrome stuck in a different location every season
3. A main villain duo for 90% of the shows run
4. The mobsters
5. The turtles going out during the day or having disguises
6. An episodic format
7. Self aware humour

The only things I find the same as FW are Splinter being a human and the huge number of side characters with one or two appearances. Even the ones based off their FW counterparts are in name only. The problem with this show wasn't being FW, it was not having its own identity at times. FW did have its own identity and that's why it stuck out.

Despite me loving this show, one of my criticisms about it is that it feels less unique, because it made too many nods to other versions (especially FW) while trying to be its own thing. I think its best to just make a FW remake or a different show. Nick tried to do both and it worked at times but not always. I love Nick Bebop and Rocksteady but couldn't care less about their Neutrinos.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 05-09-2017 at 06:15 PM.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #214
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
While adding in copious amounts of OT crossovers whenever being a modern FW failed to suffice.

Maybe the next, NEXT, show should be a more 'serious' OT version with better plots and less cheese, shown on Adult Swim no less, so people can finally get the seemingly immortal OT 'itch' out of their systems.
The Wolf Pack doesn't like this tone of voice you Red Masks are taking...

in all honesty though, that itch stopped because of how badly these other companies bastardized these characters.

I'm ready for the next iteration to only keep shredder, splinter, turtles and april. everything else new.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:43 PM   #215
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
I'm ready for the next iteration to only keep shredder, splinter, turtles and april. everything else new.
The 4Kids show took that approach as the next show after FW. The only things it kept from FW were things like the coloured bandanas, Shredder being the main villain but it aimed to be completely different and keep the nods to a minimum.

That's why it worked and stood out as its own thing. It had a very unique identity. Even when the 4Kids did do FW nods, they felt much more natural than Nick alot of the time. I chuckled when 4Kids April got into a jumpsuit and there was an Utrom called Krang.

I can't think of any nod in 4Kids which felt forced like Nick calling some small aliens Neutrinos just because or even Nick April getting into a jumpsuit which I think the 2003 show did better. Its not like Nick April's yellow shirt wasn't enough like FW that they gave her a full on jumpsuit.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #216
Faster and Cheaper
Thug

So this was the final episode of the Kavaxas arc. Heading this episode was Team TigerClaw, in their first episode of the season. I recall talking to them at the time, one of my friends had a few shots with 1000 cultists( okay 20ish or whatever it was ) and they just slow down the computers so much, The last episode I worked on and just finished, had a crowd shot like that too. It was maddening.

Another issue from what I remember is the broken streets were a new set altogether, and if I remember right it didn't come in for the start of their episode. So they had to do their layout with the regular set and just some quick proxies.

So at the time we saw the animatics, I was surprised that Kavaxas and Shredder were dealt with, since I was under the impression that it was going to go all season in some form but after this episode is when I knew how the season was going to go down with all these different arcs. Zombie Shredder was an interesting look and powers, and I guess him in Kavaxas and Rahzar are burning in the pit( man I spent so much time bringing him back to life! :p ), this was a really impressive episode when it came to scale in action, with the cave fight with Hothead and Shredder and the ghosts in the streets. It was great to see Splinter again, and was able to properly say goodbye to his family and friends. Fun to see school Lo Pan...I mean Ho Chan

Hope everyone really enjoyed this first arc, it was fun being a major and minor part of it and we have some cool stuff and weird stuff coming up this season.
Faster and Cheaper is offline   Reply With Quote