The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 12:18 PM   #41
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think the turtles won't cure him in the current timeline but the turtles will travel forward on time, seeing that their future selves have cured timothy.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #42
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JH24 View Post
Wasn't that only if no one would free Timothy during that time? If I remember correctly they had to leave Timothy behind and Donatello said something along the lines of "Maybe the world will be a better place by then."

I always got the impression Donatello could thaw Timothy and administer a cure whenever he would find it. He promised Timothy just after he was frozen he would find a way to save him.

I really wish they would have mentioned it at least once.
I'm pretty sure if that was the case, then he would've mentioned Timothy in the Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman. Donnie only mentioned Kirby and Splinter. Since he's not being refrigerated, then I'm going to assume that it's difficult to thaw him...or the writers can't do anything due to his voice actor being unavailable.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #43
Jephael
That whack job behind you

While currently re-watching the space-travel arc, I feel like having Leonardo narrate the circumstances of that storyline could've been done differently. Maybe instead of just him explaining it for 20 seconds, all four Turtles could've chimed in and explained a part of the plot, like have Don mention the time travel aspect and Mikey go on about how they get to meet all sorts of awesome alien beings along the way, and even have Raphael make a comment about finding a soulmate among the stars. Also, we didn't need both that narration and an edited version of the normal theme's lyrics.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:27 PM   #44
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I'm pretty sure if that was the case, then he would've mentioned Timothy in the Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman. Donnie only mentioned Kirby and Splinter. Since he's not being refrigerated, then I'm going to assume that it's difficult to thaw him...or the writers can't do anything due to his voice actor being unavailable.
The moment Donnie said that was during the second invasion which was ten episodes after Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman.

The exact quote is "We'll be back Timothy. And if we don't make it, you'll probably thaw out in the next 70 years or so. Perhaps then the world will be a much better place."

With Lonely Mutation, Timothy would have had the retromutagen by default if Stockman hadn't interfered.

Donnie had only been able to make two doses of the stuff. One for Splinter and one for Kirby.

Splinter was to make good on a childhood promise. Donnie has likely seen his father mourn for his lost humanity more than once over his 15-16 years of life. So Donnie likely promised himself that if he ever did find a way to reverse mutations, he would make sure Splinter was cured first.

And Kirby was a much more urgent case since he was mutated due the Turtles screwing up and that could very well have been they're only chance to make things right again.

Splinter while he is touched one of his sons is willing to help him in that manner, still says "I will think about it." A term that does translate to "No" since it's not common to say "No" as a refusal in the Japanese language.

When Stockman interfered when the Turtles were trying to cure Kirby one of the doses was destroyed. Donnie was forced to use his second one to cure Kirby, and even then it was purely convenience that he was restored to human.

Without stockman's interference, Splinter likely would have told Donnie that there was someone else who needed the cure more than he did and encuraged him to attempt to restore Timothy's humanity.

As it stood whenever they had Retromutagen there was always someone else who needes the cure more than Timothy.

Next time they had retromutagen, Karai needs it. Timmy will get the next batch.

Oh wait, the City has been mutated, they need it more. We'll give Tim the next batch.

Oh wait...no, we have Super Shredder on a rampage, we need to use retromutagen on him first. We'll get to Timothy eventually.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

Just curious, where is the quote from Ciro where he said Mutagen Man was supposed to have a role in Season 2? Seems really weird that we're 3 seasons later and they did nothing with him.

It's quite possible they originally planned an episode for Mutagen Man back in Season 2 and it was scraped for whatever reason.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #46
ABrown
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
While currently re-watching the space-travel arc
"Re-watching the space-travel arc"??? Talk about a "missed opportunity". You missed the opportunity to do just about ANYTHING else with your spare time.

But seriously, I can't believe how unbearable the space arc was. And then the second half of the season was among the best episodes that the show has featured. Now THAT's a missed opportunity.

Last edited by ABrown; 03-18-2017 at 06:47 PM.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #47
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just curious, where is the quote from Ciro where he said Mutagen Man was supposed to have a role in Season 2? Seems really weird that we're 3 seasons later and they did nothing with him.

It's quite possible they originally planned an episode for Mutagen Man back in Season 2 and it was scraped for whatever reason.
It was in some of his planning for season 2 that Mutagen Man would become a reoccurring villain in the season. Unfortunately, the actor who played Mutagen Man had to leave the show because he was voicing Sonic the Hedgehog, so they just kept Timothy on Ice until further notice.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #48
sdp
-

No episode was called adventures on turtle sitting.

Huge missed opportunity ty of continuing the tradition.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:56 PM   #49
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
"Re-watching the space-travel arc"??? Talk about a "missed opportunity". You missed the opportunity to do just about ANYTHING else with your spare time.

But seriously, I can't believe how unbearable the space arc was. And then the second half of the season was among the best episodes that the show has featured. Now THAT's a missed opportunity.
You're joking right? The space arc had many great episodes that were enjoyable.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #50
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
You missed the opportunity to do just about ANYTHING else with your spare time.

Hey, that's your opinion. Though to be fair, I was kinda multi-tasking as it was playing. I got my laptop set up in my living room and I can watch TV from my table, so I can tune out during episodes I might not find as engaging.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:05 PM   #51
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
Hes still doing better than Mikey, seriously at this point April is a more of a main character than Mikey hell her hair is basically orange.
Missed this before but I still disagree. In terms of character moments, Mikey seems to have more, even if some are from the filler episodes. Character episode wise, Raph has the least of the four Turtles. Both of their respective treatments though are subjective; I expect one decent Mikey episode before the show closes, I hope it can occur.

I think one of the bigger missed opportunities was the whole Kraang takeover after The Invasion. I mentioned it before but after Northampton, the pacing for it was extremely off. It was more of just reintroducing the Foot into the fray; heck, the Kraang influence was barely there outside brief appearances in Return to New York and Serpent Hunt.

Personally, I wish at least two of the Northampton episodes were removed. My choices being Eye of the Chimera and The Croaking. If those 8 episodes were more of preparations to counterattack alongside having some wacky events (ex: Dream Beavers) and possibly had a New York episode centering around the Mutanimals' formation, it'd be more excusable for me.

Same goes for the space arc. Improve some elements while making it more like an epic space opera and it could be more enjoyable. I like select episodes from it and the fourth season, but the overall quality is so-so.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #52
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
It was in some of his planning for season 2 that Mutagen Man would become a reoccurring villain in the season. Unfortunately, the actor who played Mutagen Man had to leave the show because he was voicing Sonic the Hedgehog, so they just kept Timothy on Ice until further notice.
Is that true? Are voice acting schedules for 2 concurrent half hour shows so demanding that you can only choose one? It's not like Ciro's show hasn't accommodated actors' schedules before and playing Mutagen Man in a handful more episodes (which I... kind of doubt they even wanted to do?) hardly seems like a grueling gig.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:17 PM   #53
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is that true? Are voice acting schedules for 2 concurrent half hour shows so demanding that you can only choose one?
I know voice actors try to keep their schedules full Monday-Friday, and TMNT always records on Monday, so perhaps Sonic did too and he chose that.

Then again, he's not a series regular. So I don't see why he couldn't have come in on another to record his 1 or 2 episodes. Some of the people never come in, and just record from their house or wherever they can.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #54
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Is that true? Are voice acting schedules for 2 concurrent half hour shows so demanding that you can only choose one?
I think it may depend on the shows or the actors.

Roger though hasn't just voiced Sonic, even if his most prolific role currently. He has voiced Captain America in the Marvel Animated Universe shows for a bit, various characters in the 2016 Powerpuff Girls series, and some characters in Pickle & Peanut.

It doesn't make sense either way and hard to judge. They couldn't have hired an imitator like James Sie for Jackie Chan Adventures as the titular character?
Old 03-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #55
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, Mutagen Man's voice is heavily modified. They could have replaced him just like they did Kraang-Prime, and no one would have noticed.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:40 PM   #56
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, Mutagen Man's voice is heavily modified. They could have replaced him just like they did Kraang-Prime, and no one would have noticed.
That too. I'm not buying this.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:00 PM   #57
ToTheNines
[sic]

Mhm. They've recast ****ing Leonardo, of all characters, twice. The world does not revolve around Roger Craig Smith.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #58
CyberCubed
Overlord

Who voices Newtralizer? Could that lack of a VA also why Newtralizer had such a long absence from Season 2 to 5?

I also know Spiderbitez disappeared because of his VA too but nobody cares there because well...it's Spiderbitez.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #59
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Quote:
Who voices Newtralizer? Could that lack of a VA also why Newtralizer had such a long absence from Season 2 to 5?

I also know Spiderbitez disappeared because of his VA too but nobody cares there because well...it's Spiderbitez.
Danny Trejo voices the newtralizer

Lewis Black voiced Spiderbitez

Both of these guys are high end actors and are too expensive to have regularly. Episode budget is also is depends on what actors they can contract and afford

Last edited by victory_angel; 03-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

It's just... hard to visualize. I'm sure they plan out a season in advance, write all the scripts, do pre-vis, all that stuff. You plan out these future episodes with Mutagen Man (or WHOEVER), all that. They do all that stuff, and suddenly, somehow the voice actor can't come so... they just axe the episodes entirely? You kind of scramble about then, quickly make new episodes instead from the ground up?

I mean, that can't be the way the business works. It isn't. That's not even a viable business model.

I could see, maybe, Ciro had some ideas for new Mutagen Man or Newtralizer he wanted to do, ran them by Nick and they just said "No." Or maybe he pitches 40 episodes for a season, which would include extra Mutagen Man or Newtralizer, with the knowledge that only 22 of those will get picked up (beyond the obligatory "premiere" and "conclusion" episode)... and none of the ones with Mutagen Man or Newtralizer were chosen.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 03-20-2017 at 12:56 PM.