The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 08-01-2014, 03:53 PM   #41
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownranger View Post
Not sure if I missed it, but who's gonna be coloring "Origin"?
That would be me. Check my deviantart link in my sig to see what I can do.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:30 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
That would be me. Check my deviantart link in my sig to see what I can do.
Did you color the Image story in the 30th anniversary collection or was it someone else?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:38 PM   #43
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Hey Andrew...sounds great! Sorry, but I'm not familiar with you other projects. Are they books that were printed or just digital format? Are they available now?

Sounds great! I hope to get a chance to view them.

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #44
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Did you color the Image story in the 30th anniversary collection or was it someone else?
He did, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickwj324 View Post
Hey Andrew...sounds great! Sorry, but I'm not familiar with you other projects. Are they books that were printed or just digital format? Are they available now?
TMNT Vol. 3 (Image) #24 & #25 were printed and released some time ago. They're also very sold out. They're both viewable as digital downloads... link in my sig.

"Odyssey" is almost out and, in fact, already is out in hardcover in Russia. A digital download will follow at some point after its physical release, but probably not for a while.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:09 PM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord

The color in the Image story was phenomenal. When IDW starts collecting the Image series next year they should get him to colonize them the same way.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #46
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Just to echo what Andrew said, you got it. That was me.

I'm not sure this will be colored as crazy as the 30th but we'll see how it goes. It'll still be plenty nice though.

Quote:
The color in the Image story was phenomenal. When IDW starts collecting the Image series next year they should get him to colonize them the same way.
Frank and I discussed it. At the time I was all tapped out but if I could find a way to color 3 pages a day while working a full time job, I probably wouldn't mind.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 08-01-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post

Frank and I discussed it. At the time I was all tapped out but if I could find a way to color 3 pages a day while working a full time job, I probably wouldn't mind.
Has there been any word on Image discussing with IDW how to reprint it? I doubt they'll leave it in black and white, but I wonder if IDW will ask an Image artist to colorize it.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:19 PM   #48
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Has there been any word on Image discussing with IDW how to reprint it? I doubt they'll leave it in black and white, but I wonder if IDW will ask an Image artist to colorize it.
I haven't heard anything about how they plan to reprint it but I would imagine they would go with one of their own colorists. Didn't some other studio color the classics? I'm not sure. Maybe they'll go that route.

Last edited by Sabacooza; 08-01-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:41 AM   #49
GreenDemon
Mouser

Just sent my payment for a copy of Odyssey to Andrew. Thanks again!! Now to find v3 #s 24 & 25 and Tales of #71.

Anyway we can get a peek at some artwork for Origin(s)?

Sabacooza, noticed that you're in Ephrata.. I'm here in Reading. I will have to PM you with an idea I have.
GreenDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:56 AM   #50
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
He did, yes.

TMNT Vol. 3 (Image) #24 & #25 were printed and released some time ago. They're also very sold out. They're both viewable as digital downloads... link in my sig.

"Odyssey" is almost out and, in fact, already is out in hardcover in Russia. A digital download will follow at some point after its physical release, but probably not for a while.

Why didn't we get hardcovers? Too expensive to print/ship?
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:08 AM   #51
Tazi
Mad Scientist

after seeing those hardcovers, I'd favor them too, even if that would mean paying some additional fee. (it can't be that much expensive, and the postal fee is about the same I think, maybe the packaging is a tiny bit more money, but that's it)

For me, Lawson is pretty much the best thing what happened to Mirage TMNT. City at War, v2, v4, stories like Blind Sight, or The Brain Thief are all drawn or written or scripted by him, and all awesome. He is at least as much original TMNT as Eastman or Laird was. He is awesome!
Old 08-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #52
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDemon View Post
Sabacooza, noticed that you're in Ephrata.. I'm here in Reading. I will have to PM you with an idea I have.
Okay. let's hear what you got.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It occurred to me, too... "Origin" will be a little bit like a Star Trek V: The Final Frontier that doesn't suck. Hopefully.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:35 PM   #54
Mewzard
Hench Mutant

Man Andrew, you really never stop...and I love it! Seeing this after I ordered volumes 4 and 5 of TMNT: The Ultimate Collection for my birthday is great indeed.

Will you be funding it similarly to Odyssey? And if so, when might we expect that to open up to support?
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:29 PM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewzard View Post
Man Andrew, you really never stop...and I love it! Seeing this after I ordered volumes 4 and 5 of TMNT: The Ultimate Collection for my birthday is great indeed.
"Odyssey" was really going to be the final word from me on Mirage TMNT, but "Origin" came to me and I couldn't shake it out of my head. In many ways, even without a bunch of multiversal goings on, it's an even bigger and far more expansive story than "Odyssey."

I mean, even if there weren't any TMNT characters in it at all (though where's the fun in that?), the story is still getting into fundamental issues (which might be kind of controversial) of why are we here, creation, who or what is responsible, what is the bigger picture and plan for not just mankind but... everything. It's spirituality viewed through a lens of hard science fiction.

You might even see the Great Turtle again.

Quote:
Will you be funding it similarly to Odyssey? And if so, when might we expect that to open up to support?
Not crossing that bridge or even looking at that until, #1: Everyone has "Odyssey" in their hands and that's completely out of the queue, and #2: Origin is fully written and polished. I'll reach out to a couple of Turtle vets to go over my draft as well.
Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #56
tfranzone
Foot Soldier

this sounds awesome! I'm excited to see it happen. with the mention of special guests and space exploration, a part of me is hoping we get a run in with Space Usagi.
tfranzone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #57
Venom
Space Knight

Know what would rock so hard?

If Murph provided another Prof. Obligado story as an Origin backup.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:20 PM   #58
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfranzone View Post
this sounds awesome! I'm excited to see it happen. with the mention of special guests and space exploration, a part of me is hoping we get a run in with Space Usagi.
Isn't he from the very distant future, though? And in an alternate dimension, to boot?
Old 08-25-2014, 03:48 PM   #59
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist

Hey Andrew, when are you going to start taking orders? Are you going to run a kick starter like you did for the other book? I'm excited.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #60
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga Carl View Post
Hey Andrew, when are you going to start taking orders? Are you going to run a kick starter like you did for the other book? I'm excited.
Couldn't be bothered to read four posts above your's, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewNDB
Not crossing that bridge or even looking at that until, #1: Everyone has "Odyssey" in their hands and that's completely out of the queue, and #2: Origin is fully written and polished. I'll reach out to a couple of Turtle vets to go over my draft as well.