The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-03-2016, 01:56 PM   #81
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well Episode 7 depends on how much you liked the new cast, particularly Rey and Finn. And also to see Harrison Ford in what is likely his final performance as Han Solo.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:02 PM   #82
ZariusTwo
Overlord

David Prowse, now 81, will no longer attend international conventions

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/darth-v...040014760.html
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:10 PM   #83
sdp
-

For the prequels I genuinely like EpI a lot, it may have to do that I was still a kid when it came out but I feel it has all the great things a SW movie has even if people didn't like Jar Jar. Ep. II has that god awful love story but I enjoyed all of the Jango and Clone Army stuff. Ep.III I enjoy a few scenes but it did too many things I hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Well Episode 7 depends on how much you liked the new cast, particularly Rey and Finn. And also to see Harrison Ford in what is likely his final performance as Han Solo.
I loved most of the new cast and characters with exception to the new villains. It's the plot that was the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
David Prowse, now 81, will no longer attend international conventions

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/darth-v...040014760.html
I met him back when Ep.II premier in a conference, I have to admit only being the person inside the suit doesn't create a lot of great stuff for a conference. Didn't he get blacklisted by Lucasfilm a few years ago?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:13 PM   #84
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
For the prequels I genuinely like EpI a lot
I maintain that Episode I is easily the most "complete story" out of any of the prequels. It's also the only one shot on film.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:15 PM   #85
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
No.. noooo! That's not true! That's impossible!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Now I know you're a gimmick poster
Why so surprised? There's so many things to love with Ep.1 tbh.

Qui-Gon Jinn - Liam Neeson, hello? He's spoken like a true master, so gripping.
Young Obi Wan Kenobi - Ewan McGregor. Mhhmm, nuff said.
Queen Amidala - Natalie Portman. Strong female. Best wardrobe.
Darth Maul - the best villain in the entire series imo.
Planet Naboo and the Palace infrastructure. So beautiful.
Coruscant and the committee hearing place, so grand.

Kickass music of the entire series imo: Duel of Fates. Best climax fighting of jedis vs sith. So much more.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #86
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Why so surprised? There's so many things to love with Ep.1 tbh.

Qui-Gon Jinn - Liam Neeson, hello? He's spoken like a true master, so gripping.
Young Obi Wan Kenobi - Ewan McGregor. Mhhmm, nuff said.
Queen Amidala - Natalie Portman. Strong female. Best wardrobe.
Darth Maul - the best villain in the entire series imo.
Planet Naboo and the Palace infrastructure. So beautiful.
Coruscant and the committee hearing place, so grand.

Kickass music of the entire series imo: Duel of Fates. Best climax fighting of jedis vs sith. So much more.
1. Qui Gon is a dumbass character that does nothing except bore the audience until he f*cks off and dies

2. Obi Wan sits in the ship and complains the entire movie

3. Darth Maul had 0 character. What a cool halloween costume.

4. Yeah, Naboo was nice. It didn't feel very star wars though

5. Nothing of interest happens on Coruscant.

Your reasons for liking the movie are all visual. If it's eye candy, you like it. Notice how you didn't mention the great writing, emotional moments, or the effect the movie had on you? Why not? Because the Phantom Menace has none of that and it sucks.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:01 PM   #87
sdp
-

[QUOTE=snake;1629608]1. Qui Gon is awesome and everything I expected Obi Wan to be. Obi Wan I don't care for. Darth Maul works as a silent badass, we didn't need to see more of him, he's better that way just as Boba Fett was when we got more of his backstory and personality in Clone Wars the character suffered. Naboo isn't Star Warsy? What the hell, it's a universe tons of planets totally different what do you want another dessert planet like we got with Jakku? The politics in Coruscant are some of the best things in the prequels. Episode I has a story that mimics but doesn't rip off EpIV like VII does. You get a simple story but it works and sets up the trilogy, Qui Gon dying was done fairly well and I thought Anakin did a good job as well. Notice how everyone who bashes EpI nitpicks stupid details like Jar Jar, young Anakin and boring political scenes.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:33 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord

Obi-Wan was underused in Episode 1 but that was obvious because Qui-gonn was awesome.

Obi-wan in Episode 3 especially was great, the best part of the movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 05:48 AM   #89
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
1. Qui Gon is a dumbass character that does nothing except bore the audience until he f*cks off and dies

2. Obi Wan sits in the ship and complains the entire movie

3. Darth Maul had 0 character. What a cool halloween costume.

4. Yeah, Naboo was nice. It didn't feel very star wars though

5. Nothing of interest happens on Coruscant.

Your reasons for liking the movie are all visual. If it's eye candy, you like it. Notice how you didn't mention the great writing, emotional moments, or the effect the movie had on you? Why not? Because the Phantom Menace has none of that and it sucks.
All visual? Your troll ass need to go back to kindergarten to learn how to read again and understand what people actually say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
1. Qui Gon is awesome and everything I expected Obi Wan to be. Obi Wan I don't care for. Darth Maul works as a silent badass, we didn't need to see more of him, he's better that way just as Boba Fett was when we got more of his backstory and personality in Clone Wars the character suffered. Naboo isn't Star Warsy? What the hell, it's a universe tons of planets totally different what do you want another dessert planet like we got with Jakku? The politics in Coruscant are some of the best things in the prequels. Episode I has a story that mimics but doesn't rip off EpIV like VII does. You get a simple story but it works and sets up the trilogy, Qui Gon dying was done fairly well and I thought Anakin did a good job as well. Notice how everyone who bashes EpI nitpicks stupid details like Jar Jar, young Anakin and boring political scenes.
Ditto. And Phantom Menace is the only film that was re-release in theaters recently, in glorious 3D nonetheless. It also has an accompanied soundtrack for that.

Ep.1 has a large following and it shows.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:52 AM   #90
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Phantom Menace is by FAR the best Star Wars films, It has all the best characters in. Yes Jar Jar is not as bad a everyone says. The film gets bandwagon hate.

I though the Episode 7 was the worst.

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #91
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Ditto. And Phantom Menace is the only film that was re-release in theaters recently, in glorious 3D nonetheless. It also has an accompanied soundtrack for that.

Ep.1 has a large following and it shows.
The ONLY reason episode I was released in 3D was because they were planning to do the entire six-film saga in that format - TPM wasn't getting special treatment.

I notice how you didn't mention Jar Jar Binks, or midichlorians, or "traveling through the planet's core", or Jake Lloyd, or the awful pink tint the film has.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #92
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
The ONLY reason episode I was released in 3D was because they were planning to do the entire six-film saga in that format - TPM wasn't getting special treatment.

I notice how you didn't mention Jar Jar Binks, or midichlorians, or "traveling through the planet's core", or Jake Lloyd, or the awful pink tint the film has.
Wrong. They planned only for the 3 prequels but only TPM prevailed. It does make TPM special til this day.

Notice how I don't care about your laughable silly 'nitpicks'. Jar Jar? He's just in a few short scenes, no biggie. Midichlorians? So what? the jedi concept is just a make believe too. I have no problem if they wanted to add more details to the lore. Planet's core? Anakin vs Obi-Wan hovering over hot burning lava was a lot more ridiculous and childish - they should've burned and died on the spot. Jake Lloyd? He did a good job. Pink tint? Never realize, never bugged me nor do I care.

Your problems; not mine and others who enjoy TPM. Just because you don't like it, who cares? In reality there's still many others who prefer TPM.

Hayden Christensen's acting is a lot more atrocious and worse than anything in the whole series imo (which is why Ep 2 & 3 are very low in my list). Poorly acted overwrought emotional mess. Jar Jar has better composure than him even. He's like a big baby when he's throwing tantrums or started to cry.

And people defending him are just silly. Oooh he lost his parents, he was seduced by the Dark side. So? Leia got her whole planet blown up. Luke got his family killed and he didn't fall into the dark side's invitation. They both didn't loose their marbles, they are much better characters than Anakin.

Comparing the twins, Leia is even better than Luke in that regard. Go away Anakin, no one needs you.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #93
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
Phantom Menace is by FAR the best Star Wars films, It has all the best characters in. Yes Jar Jar is not as bad a everyone says. The film gets bandwagon hate.

I though the Episode 7 was the worst.
I really hope this is a bad joke or you are trying to troll here.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:05 AM   #94
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Ep.1 is a steamer, but I think Ep.2 may be the worst. It felt reactionary to me, like Uncle George was trying to clean up his mess by giving the people what they wanted. Unfortunately he had no idea what that was, but even so, he fell victim to one of the classic blunders. Never listen to your fans; most of them don't know what's good for them.

I'd like to have seen an Ep.2 and 3 written in a total vacuum. They probably wouldn't be great, but at least they wouldn't be compromised.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #95
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProactiveMan View Post
Ep.1 is a steamer, but I think Ep.2 may be the worst. It felt reactionary to me, like Uncle George was trying to clean up his mess by giving the people what they wanted. Unfortunately he had no idea what that was, but even so, he fell victim to one of the classic blunders. Never listen to your fans; most of them don't know what's good for them.

I'd like to have seen an Ep.2 and 3 written in a total vacuum. They probably wouldn't be great, but at least they wouldn't be compromised.
It really is. If you fast forward from Naboo to back to Naboo it's not that bad but that middle part of the movie is crap.

Ep 2 is just horrible and the worst movie of all 7. Only the last 30 minutes are entertaining.

Ep 1-3 would have been much better was one movie taking out a lot of the side BS.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:35 AM   #96
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
It really is. If you fast forward from Naboo to back to Naboo it's not that bad but that middle part of the movie is crap.

Ep 2 is just horrible and the worst movie of all 7. Only the last 30 minutes are entertaining.

Ep 1-3 would have been much better was one movie taking out a lot of the side BS.
EP 1 has its moments, The Podrace, The 3 way Lightsaber fight.

Same for EP 2 and 3, if you look pass all that stuff, and just look at those epic action scenes.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:19 AM   #97
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Hayden Christensen's acting is a lot more atrocious and worse than anything in the whole series imo (which is why Ep 2 & 3 are very low in my list).
At least we agree on something. Christensen is a horrible actor and his poor performance was compounded by Lucas's laughable dialogue.

I wonder what the first cut of The Phantom Menace was like. Lucas initially is said to have had a fairly solid first couple of cuts of the film, but then people told him to change his mind about a bunch of things.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #98
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior

Quote:
At least we agree on something. Christensen is a horrible actor and his poor performance was compounded by Lucas's laughable dialogue.

I wonder what the first cut of The Phantom Menace was like. Lucas initially is said to have had a fairly solid first couple of cuts of the film, but then people told him to change his mind about a bunch of things.
I want to know how Christensen got through casting. For the most part I think ep1-3 were cast with really good actors. How the hell do you drop the ball on your most important character?
Old 10-04-2016, 11:21 AM   #99
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
I want to know how Christensen got through casting. For the most part I think ep1-3 were cast with really good actors. How the hell do you drop the ball on your most important character?
He's fine in other movies, I don't know that it's his fault.

Apparently Leonardo DiCaprio was up for the part at one point. That would have been... interesting.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:29 AM   #100
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Anybody seen this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw