The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-12-2017, 02:36 PM   #341
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Looking back at it, I like the design used for Spidey's suit in this film, but I hate all the gadgets and stuff they gave him. He's a few steps away from being Iron-Man.

He's got:
*A built in computer that talks to him and calculates stuff for him
*A mini spider drone for scouting stuff
*Built in flight suit
*Deployable parachute
*Eye lenses that focus and enhance
*And other stuff I probably missed and stuff they haven't shown

It's way too much. It all takes away from the point of Spider-Man. Where's the struggle?
I know that he'll lose the suit and will have to prove himself without it, blah blah blah, but having it all in the first place is just unnecessary. I bet the film will end with him having all that junk back too.
Ugh.
If they gave him the Iron Spider suit, he would be Iron Man 2.

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #342
ToTheNines
[sic]

New poster:

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #343
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

This poster is basically full of Tony Stark

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #344
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter the boss View Post
This poster is basically full of Tony Stark
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:32 PM   #345
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Needs more Iron-Man.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #346
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
The pilot of the Hammond series (1977), Spider-Man Strikes Back (following year) The Dragon's Challenge (1981), the three Sam Rami films, the two Marc Webb films, and I'm going to presume if Xav thinks ten, then Civil War to an extent.
No I was counting the 1978 Japanese film, which is like an episode of the Japanese TV show, which for some reason premiered in theaters.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 01:24 PM   #347
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Tom Holland Confirms Three Films In New Spider-Man Series
http://411mania.com/movies/tom-holla...er-man-series/

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:41 AM   #348
Leolead
Stone Warrior

Ehh, I loved Spidey in Civil War but everything about this movie has turned me off. From the Daddy Stark angle to the Tech suit to Flash Thompson & other characters. Just not excited for this movie anymore I wish I was, I had such high hopes after Civil War but so far, Marvel has been making mind boggling choices
Old 06-15-2017, 12:22 AM   #349
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Tom Holland Confirms Three Films In New Spider-Man Series
http://411mania.com/movies/tom-holla...er-man-series/
Great news! I'm always up for more Spidey movies. The only problem I think they could run into is the actors growing up between films/during filming.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:02 AM   #350
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Great news! I'm always up for more Spidey movies. The only problem I think they could run into is the actors growing up between films/during filming.
What the hell is wrong with Peter growing up? He's in his thirties in the comics and he's a happily married man in at least two other ongoing continuities [Newspaper strip and Renew Your Vows, where he's also a dad]
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 04:09 AM   #351
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Nothing wrong with Peter growing up, bu Spider-Man is the quintessential non-sidekick teen superhero. And I think a good chunk prefers teen Spidey to deal with teen things and let other adult heroes deal with adult stuff. And Superheroes always reverts back to status quo, permanent change is strange and hard.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 05:57 AM   #352
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Nothing wrong with Peter growing up, bu Spider-Man is the quintessential non-sidekick teen superhero.
Bollocks. He even graduated in the Raimi movies and dealt with adult themes there.

Peter was only ever a high schooler for THIRTY THREE issues in his comic book run.

A ''good chunk''? Nah, just people with a severely flawed and false perspective of what Spider-Man is about..something not helped by the continuous push in the televised medium to keep him a teenager.

Hell, even in the nineties animated series, he was a young adult and even got married.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 06-15-2017 at 06:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:23 AM   #353
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
What the hell is wrong with Peter growing up? He's in his thirties in the comics and he's a happily married man in at least two other ongoing continuities [Newspaper strip and Renew Your Vows, where he's also a dad]
Like Candy Kappa said, there's nothing wrong with that. I like a lot of adult Spiderman stories and have always thought that Peter getting married and having kids was the best future for him.

I also really like Ultimate Spiderman (the comics not that ghastly children's show) and think that they told some good stories that they couldn't with an adult Spiderman. And since the MCU version of Spidey seems to take a lot from that version and a lot of people are gonna recognize him and remember him as a high schooler struggling to be a teen and Spiderman at the same time, I figure they'd want to keep him in high school for the sake of variety and convenience. But, like I mentioned, actors getting older could present a problem.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:53 AM   #354
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Bollocks. He even graduated in the Raimi movies and dealt with adult themes there.

Peter was only ever a high schooler for THIRTY THREE issues in his comic book run.

A ''good chunk''? Nah, just people with a severely flawed and false perspective of what Spider-Man is about..something not helped by the continuous push in the televised medium to keep him a teenager.

Hell, even in the nineties animated series, he was a young adult and even got married.
Yeah, how old was he in the 90s animated series because I never knew he was supposed to be a teenaged superhero until the Raimi films. The newspaper comic strips and the 90s were my introduction to Spidey.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:56 AM   #355
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

The "Spider-Man as a teenager" schtick I think greatly undervalues the character. There are so many zany comics and cartoons about teens leading secret lives, and having to get to school at the same time! What made Spider-Man so compelling and stand out from the rest to so many people wasn't that he had to keep it a secret from Aunt May or whatever, it was the enormous burden Peter constantly placed on himself by being Spider-Man - which especially in later issues made him a constant loser, never being able to get his life as Peter on track. It kept him from graduating college properly. It kept him from having a love life for so long. He was always behind on rent at his ****** apartment because being Spider-Man necessitated living on the relatively expensive top floor, and he could never get a good job because being Spider-Man took away all of his time - so he had to constantly resort to vilifying himself by supplying Jameson with Spidey pics. Every victory as Spidey resulted in some loss for Peter with few exceptions. This is an aspect that Spider-Man 2 in particular captured very well, and I wish more movies/TV shows would focus on it more instead of the very uninteresting high school setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
The newspaper comic strips and the 90s were my introduction to Spidey.
The newspaper strips are... they're weird, man. The storyline right now is that Aunt May's boyfriend, the Mole Man, has been deposed by an immortal Roman emperor, and the monsters have turned against Mole Man now.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:57 AM   #356
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

But Holland himself is 21 atm, even as he gets older he probably won't look like he's aged much.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:34 AM   #357
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
The newspaper strips are... they're weird, man. The storyline right now is that Aunt May's boyfriend, the Mole Man, has been deposed by an immortal Roman emperor, and the monsters have turned against Mole Man now.
That's... really freaking weird

On another note, I think Nines mentioned it in another thread, Nick Offerman would make a great J. Jonah Jameson since we can't have J.K. Simmons again
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:41 AM   #358
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
I know. Bonkers yet brilliant. I've been reading the strips for nine years now and even with plots like this, it's so much better than the actual comic. It has to be your cup of tea to enjoy it though, otherwise it can drive you batty [as evident by the comments section on the comic kingdom placement for the strip]

The previous storyline involved a team-up with Peter, MJ and Rocket Racoon.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:43 AM   #359
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

One of the dumbest plotlines I've ever read was from that Spidey newspaper strip, about ten years ago. An absolutely normal butler somehow managed to capture Spidey as well as his rich employer. He tied them up and planned to throw them off a cliff. He set up a video camera to record his heinous deed (????) but at some point tripped over the tripod and fell off the cliff himself. And that's how the adventure ended.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:47 AM   #360
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
One of the dumbest plotlines I've ever read was from that Spidey newspaper strip, about ten years ago. An absolutely normal butler somehow managed to capture Spidey as well as his rich employer. He tied them up and planned to throw them off a cliff. He set up a video camera to record his heinous deed (????) but at some point tripped over the tripod and fell off the cliff himself. And that's how the adventure ended.
Great, now I'm not sure if I can live a full life without reading that one

There was also the time Jameson convinced Tony Stark to lend him his very first suit of armor so he could go after Spidey and be a hero himself. The strip's illustrators had ZERO communication with each other, the Sunday artist drew the classic golden armour Iron Man suit, while the weekday artist drew it in red and gold.

Tags
cubedagesquickly, cuck_blade, homecucking, iron man 7, spider-cuck, spider-man