The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-15-2017, 09:49 AM   #1
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

New Pixar film - 'Untitled Suburban Fantasy World'

Disney announced a new Pixar film in development at D23 yesterday. Sounds like a cool idea plus it's an original film instead of Cars 7.

Quote:
Dan Scanlon will be directing the film, and it’s based on a personal story. Scanlon lost his father at a young age, so he never really knew him or heard his voice. He explained to the audience that one day a relative sent him and his brother an audio tape that they thought might have his father’s voice on it. It turned out that the tape only contained a brief moment of his father saying one word. But it meant the world to Scanlon and his brother. Scanlon said, “I have always wondered who my father was and how I’m like him—that question became the blue print for this movie.”

Scanlon said the movie would take us on an adventure set in a “suburban fantasy world” that is a mix of the fantastic and the every day. It’s a world with no humans—only elves, trolls, and sprites. He also reveal that there would be unicorns everywhere, which we are completely on board with. Scanlon also revealed:

“In the film, we’re going to tell the story of two teenage elf brothers whose father died when they were too young to remember him. But thanks to the little magic still left in the world, the boys embark on a quest that will allow them a chance to spend one last magical day with their father.”
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Sounds interesting though I wish it was a brother and sister or just a female lead.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:09 PM   #3
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Oh cool, Suburban Fantasy World, my favorite.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #4
Guile
Banned

I have no interest in this. I haven't watched a Pixar film since Toy Story 3 and that was awful so it made me lose interest in Pixar movies.
Guile is offline   Reply With Quote