The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #121
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Why? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, within certain limits. Don't mistake honest criticisms for gratuitous badmouthing. Not to mention it's a worse look, IMHO, when people notice someone has edited out things for fear they might not like them. That's dishonest. Authors - and everyone else - are professional adults. They don't need coddling. (I have a sneaking suspicion this is partly why we'll never get an ending to A Song of Ice and Fire...)
I agree. I'm not saying I would actually go back and edit my replies, or that I think it's the smart thing to do. However, the fact that it's not rational to feel something doesn't mean you won't feel it. Can't help but feel a little mean.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:59 PM   #122
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
I agree. I'm not saying I would actually go back and edit my replies, or that I think it's the smart thing to do. However, the fact that it's not rational to feel something doesn't mean you won't feel it. Can't help but feel a little mean.
I know what you mean and I did get what you were trying to say. Sorry if I came across as somewhat confrontational there. Some things might seem mean, sound mean, make us feel mean, even come across as mean when that wasn't our intent, but the writers can handle it so long as it's legitimate criticism. It's the other stuff that worries me, when it's just meanness for its own sake. We have such a great dynamic going with the IDW folks here that it would be a shame to toss it all away just because some people can't handle the notion of a female Turtle or whatever the whine du jour is at any given time.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 02-01-2020 at 07:01 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 06:10 PM   #123
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As long as you don't insult them I don't see the problem.
Old 02-01-2020, 06:50 PM   #124
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I know what you mean and I did get what you were trying to say. Sorry if I came across as somewhat confrontational there. Some things might seem mean, sound mean, make us feel mean, even come across as mean when that wasn't our intent, but the writers can handle it so long as its legitimate criticism. It's the other stuff that worries me, when it's just meanness for its own sake. We have such a great dynamic going with the IDW folks here that it would be a shame to toss it all away just because some people can't handle the notion of a female Turtle or whatever the whine du jour is at any given time.
No worries at all, I get what you mean, and I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 02-01-2020, 07:07 PM   #125
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Whenever I see a writer commenting in a thread in which I had previously criticized their work, I get a very strong urge to go back and edit all of my comments to sound less mean.
That's partly why I usually avoid posting here, you guys shouldn't feel stymied by the presence of creators, people need a space to be honest about the work and that isn't influenced, overshadowed, or "tainted" by the authors.

But on the other hand sometimes it's fun to butt in.
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 07:13 PM   #126
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
That's partly why I usually avoid posting here, you guys shouldn't feel stymied by the presence of creators, people need a space to be honest about the work and that isn't influenced, overshadowed, or "tainted" by the authors.

Good approach.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #127
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

I'm really glad to see you popped on again, Sophie. Criticisms and compliments both aside, you must be really excited to take on the next phase of TMNT comics!
Old 02-01-2020, 10:13 PM   #128
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I'm really glad to see you popped on again, Sophie. Criticisms and compliments both aside, you must be really excited to take on the next phase of TMNT comics!
I'm glad you popped in, too, Sophie. And that you didnt make it obvious who your fav Turtle is!

We fans are going to fret and complain when we don't like something, but I do think the story is in great hands. And your art is killing it.

It's probably best if writers don't interact too much with fans-- it's sometimes just as bad to give us what we want as to give us what we don't want.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 04:34 AM   #129
Igglet

Quote:

That's definitely a fair point, but, despite what I was saying earlier, it's always cool to have a writer butt in and give their 2 cents. It's super interesting to hear from the people who're actually writing this story.
Old 02-08-2020, 02:11 PM   #130
Joey Kamikaze
Stone Warrior

I am enjoying these issues, but the run-on sentences are bugging me. Commas don't work like that. :/
Joey Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #131
BlimeyBullhop
Banned

Super Goku

Super Goku
BlimeyBullhop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:02 PM   #132
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Omg, who's that banned poster?? I want to know what they said! :O
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 04:04 PM   #133
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Omg, who's that banned poster?? I want to know what they said! :O
It's SuperGoku, he's just some dude who got banned once and logs into multiple accounts until someone tells on him or he tells on himself.
Old 02-08-2020, 05:48 PM   #134
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApagreg View Post
It's SuperGoku, he's just some dude who got banned once and logs into multiple accounts until someone tells on him or he tells on himself.
so he's like andy kaufman?

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:48 PM   #135
Hockey Boy
Random Punk

Jennika’s just such a bad idea, this didn’t work in the 90’s for a reason, guys.
-Purple Dra-Gons, come out and Pla-ay!- 2003
-And Im sayin - Make me.- 2011
-Casey Jones shoots - He scores!- 2012
-Hey, fellas!Remember me?- 2016
-id start running if I were you!- 2018
Hockey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote