The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-28-2016, 08:39 PM   #21
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't use it much anymore but when it started you'd take a picture and it would only show up for 5 seconds. It was cool since you could take pictures of random stuff that wasn't important enough to "post" on facebook or instagram but you could still show that stupid thing to your friends and it got very popular especially when it came to sexting and that was one of the reasons it started to become so popular. Since then they've added more features and changed things now you can leave pictures or short videos for as long as you can and there's filters that people like to use like that "dog" filter that was very popular.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:46 PM   #22
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
"Twitter acquired Vine..."
So if they acquired it from someone else originally... is it really that much of a stretch to considering selling it? Esp if the company is "cutting 9% of its workforce".

I'm not really familiar with it other than hearing the name (since I don't have a smart phone), but I've heard the name often enough to know it's popular. Why on earth just terminate something so popular? Weird move. Unless they've got something else up their sleeve that will integrate the same features.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord

Tumblr has also been having problems lately. I wonder if twitter and tumblr will close down entirely in the next few years.

Reminds me of when Myspace went under.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:05 PM   #24
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
So if they acquired it from someone else originally... is it really that much of a stretch to considering selling it?

I've heard the name often enough to know it's popular. Why on earth just terminate something so popular? Weird move. Unless they've got something else up their sleeve that will integrate the same features.
There are many reasons to not sell it, they may want to keep many of their employees, keep the patents, integrate it into twitter or simply not wanting to have a potential competitor do something else with it. It's fairly standard and we won't really know why they won't sell it unless they disclose it but there is a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Tumblr has also been having problems lately. I wonder if twitter and tumblr will close down entirely in the next few years.

Reminds me of when Myspace went under.
I'm not very familiar with Tumblr's finances but Twitter isn't anything like myspace, they're one of the big social networks they just aren't as profitable when compared to its popularity and that's what the problem is. It's difficult to know what's going to happen in a few years on the internet since things change so much but twitter closing down doesn't seem likely at all.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:08 PM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I'm not very familiar with Tumblr's finances but Twitter isn't anything like myspace, they're one of the big social networks they just aren't as profitable when compared to its popularity and that's what the problem is. It's difficult to know what's going to happen in a few years on the internet since things change so much but twitter closing down doesn't seem likely at all.
google tumblr and you'll see news articles about it not doing well. I forgot who bought it, I think it was Yahoo?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote