The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 04-25-2020, 03:33 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

Burnow Food supply

Unless I'm mistaken, the last time we saw Burnow Island they were still struggling to find a decent food supply. The ground was simply not fertile enough to grow crops. So here's what I thought, since the ocean nearby probably isn't that different from the rest of the planet, normal earth life-forms should still be able live there. In theory it should be possible for them to farm fish and seaweed.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 09:00 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

I actually wish the Utrom/Triceraton subplot was resolved because leaving it on the backburner for so long (from what I remember we haven't seen them since before City at War started, right), is pretty odd given how urgent their situation was, along with the tension between the Triceratons and Utroms. Hard to believe they're all just sitting there on the island even after the 6 month timeskip of Mutant town.

It's why I wish IDW would resolve some plots before moving onto others, leaving things "on the shelf" so to speak for so long just feels strange. They could have easily had the Utroms or Triceratons find a new empty planet somewhere in space to move to and rebuild their civilizations.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:01 PM   #3
joshuakim
New Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, the last time we saw Burnow Island they were still struggling to find a decent food supply. The ground was simply not fertile enough to grow crops. So here's what I thought, since the ocean nearby probably isn't that different from the rest of the planet, normal earth life-forms should still be able live there. In theory it should be possible for them to farm fish and seaweed.
E.P.F got several battle ships around Burnow island for a relatively long time (maybe not after Battle line) and this made fishing a little bit difficult. It is kind of hilarious scene that Utroms collect fish and seaweeds while a group of people stare at them in great caution.
joshuakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:02 PM   #4
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I see what you're saying, but I think the idea is that the Technodrome contaminated the atmosphere around the island back in "Attack on Technodrome" so that the soil and such may not be productive. I could be wrong on that. It might be only certain parts of the island cuz back in "Dangerous Waters", LH looked like he was in a rather lush part of the island.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #5
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

One thing I don't get, though: didn't the Technodrome terraform Burnow Island to the exact same specifications as Utrominon? So why did the island become a barren wasteland? Wasn't the whole problem with the near-extinction of the Utroms that they sucked their home planet's (and others') natural resources dry, or am I remembering it all wrong? Because if so, that means their planet had some natural resources and was capable of sustaining life, even if not necessarily the exact same sort of life as Earth, but something for them to live off... An island that size should be capable of sustaining a small population of Utroms and Triceratons, otherwise what was even the point of wanting to terraform the planet?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:29 PM   #6
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
One thing I don't get, though: didn't the Technodrome terraform Burnow Island to the exact same specifications as Utrominon? So why did the island become a barren wasteland? Wasn't the whole problem with the near-extinction of the Utroms that they sucked their home planet's (and others') natural resources dry, or am I remembering it all wrong? Because if so, that means their planet had some natural resources and was capable of sustaining life, even if not necessarily the exact same sort of life as Earth, but something for them to live off... An island that size should be capable of sustaining a small population of Utroms and Triceratons, otherwise what was even the point of wanting to terraform the planet?
Idk, maybe that would've been an unintended backfire to Krangs plan, a planet to sustain Utrom life but sustainable to anything else. Maybe chock that up to differences in the planets composition?
Old 04-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #7
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Idk, maybe that would've been an unintended backfire to Krangs plan, a planet to sustain Utrom life but sustainable to anything else. Maybe chock that up to differences in the planets composition?
Doesn't make sense. Not only would that mean Krang went to a whole lot of trouble just to show Earth-based life a huge middle finger for no particular reason, to sustain Utrom life a planet would necessarily have to sustain other lifeforms. The same lifeforms that existed in Utrominon. Lifeforms which they could feed off in Burnow after it has been successfully terraformed, and which could probably feed the Triceratons as well.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #8
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Doesn't make sense. Not only would that mean Krang went to a whole lot of trouble just to show Earth-based life a huge middle finger for no particular reason, to sustain Utrom life a planet would necessarily have to sustain other lifeforms. The same lifeforms that existed in Utrominon. Lifeforms which they could feed off in Burnow after it has been successfully terraformed, and which could probably feed the Triceratons as well.
Well, I guess Krang didnt look too far ahead on that
Old 04-27-2020, 09:41 PM   #9
ChosenOne
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggio View Post
Well, I guess Krang didnt look too far ahead on that
Old 04-28-2020, 12:06 AM   #10
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

This is something that has bothered me for a very long time.

My assumption is that Utroms are pescatarian carnivores, thus would be able to procure food from the ocean around them.

In that case, it's something that would produce a lot of waste (assuming Utroms don't/can't eat bones and other undesirable bits from fish), so why wouldn't they use THAT as fertilizer for the fields?

Spoiler:
Not to mention that they probably could just find a more...humane way to handle the Triceratons using dead Utroms as fertilizer in edition to that.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:05 PM   #11
daggio
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Before that word gets brandished about, let's wait to see whats said when Krang reunites with the other Utroms. Maybe they'll be like "what the f*** man, u were gonna make a new but barren world for us to live on?"