The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-04-2020, 11:00 AM   #1
ranger_scout
Mad Scientist

Taika Waititi to direct and co-write next 'Star Wars' film.

Acclaimed director and screenwriter Taika Waititi (JoJo Rabbit, Thor: Ragnorak) has just signed on to direct and co-write a new theatrical Star Wars film. The project is also by co-written Krysty Wilson-Cairns (1917). I really enjoyed both of the films I mentioned that Waititi directed along with Hunt for the Wilderpeople, so I do look forward to this movie. He will breathe some new life into this franchise.

https://ew.com/movies/taika-waititi-star-wars-movie/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:46 AM   #2
Sumac
Foot Elite

So does it mean that Ruin Johnson trilogy is DEADer that dead?
Or is it still in production?
Given how Kathleen Kennedy, supposedly, ****ed up with the new "female centric series" I won't exclude that RJ's movies are now in a trash bin.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:48 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

he will direct until the "franchise killer" Kennedy replaces him 2/3rds of the way in

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:23 PM   #4
raph27
Mad Scientist

Mixed feelings about this. I liked Ragnarok and loved Jojo Rabbit, but I don't know how Waititi's style will work in the Star Wars universe. I'll try to keep my mind open until further details emerge.

On another note, I thought Disney was going to put the brakes on theatrical Star Wars for a while? Haven't heard anything about the Rian trilogy in a while, and right now all the focus seems to be on stuff for television.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:29 PM   #5
Sumac
Foot Elite

Unless they make gritty war movie or incoherent mess, things gonna be fine, I think.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:00 PM   #6
sdp
Winsider

Unless a trailer blows me out of mind, I think anything star wars related that comes out I will only view it in those times when I get a nostalgic star wars kick and see what the hell they've been doing since I last saw it. I don't think I can ever care to follow star wars as I used to. I don't think I'll stop liking Star Wars, but anything Disney does have the same value as the previous expanded universe, I'll check it out when something draws my attention, only the stuff I want, whenever I eventually get to it.

No use to complain about every star wars related thing disney does every single time for the next few decades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Unless they make gritty war movie
Rogue One

Quote:
or incoherent mess, things gonna be fine, I think.
Sequel Trilogy

Sexy Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:16 PM   #7
neatoman
Emperor

Can't they just let the franchise stay dead for the time being? The fact that The Rise of Skywalker somehow sucks even harder than The Phantom Menace makes me think this **** needs time to breathe.

Anyway, how long before they just remake the original trilogy? Without poorly disguising them as sequels that is...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote