The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-01-2020, 12:48 AM   #21
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
A "general" prequel is no prequel at all. If I write a Dracula story that "takes place before the book" and it ends with Carfax Abbey getting destroyed before Drac has a chance to buy it, then it doesn't "take place before the book", does it? A prequel needs to keep continuity straight.
That comparison doesn’t make sense. We know of nothing in this animated movie that would contradict anything major like that.

All it says is it revolves around Optimus and Megatrons relationship. Which must show how they became enemies. It’s an origin of how we got Autobots vs Decepticons.

It doesn’t have to choose a continuity but it could probably be applied to most. Unless they want it to start it’s own series. On its own it’s just what happens on Cybertron.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:22 AM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

I'd totally believe it if it was the Fred Wolf Speed Racer.
Ha-haaaaaaaaaa..... we generally don't acknowledge that, thanks.

Eh, maybe it's better than I remember, but I wasn't a fan as a kid. That version of the Mach 5 doesn't make my pecker twitch even a little bit. And if you're not romantically attracted to the Mach 5 then it isn't really the Mach 5 but a pale imitation.

So yeah, I generally didn't care much for that show.

I mean LOOK the freakin' HOOD LOGO is off-center mumble grumble darn kids'n their music rassafrassin'...

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 06:45 AM   #23
Sumac
Foot Elite

I liked US Speed Racer more than original.
It looked better and had action, mutants and half-human, half-robots. All things that kid-me liked.

Actually, I think I still love those things.
It is just not enough to consider something bad as something good.
Old 05-01-2020, 07:07 AM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

But here's a more serious connection between Transformers and an anime (borderline plagiarism).
Spoiler:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:34 PM   #25
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
But here's a more serious connection between Transformers and an anime (borderline plagiarism).

Is that one of the Skull Squdron VF's? Looks a lot like a Valkyrie or something very similar. Mr D would know, I'm sure.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #26
AquaParade
Big Boss

I'd really like to see Beast Wars make a comeback. If they want to switch things up, that would interest me more than a film taking place on Cybertron, which sounds rather drab to me.

I think the less you focus on the origin of Transformers, the better quite frankly.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 04:38 PM   #27
Sumac
Foot Elite

I wonder, will it still use time travel plot or will it be just transformers, but transforming into animals in a modern setting?
Old 05-02-2020, 04:31 AM   #28
ZariusTwo
Overlord

The next live-action TF movie has been scheduled for June 24th 2022, they haven't decided if it'll be the follow-up to Bumblebee or Beast Wars

https://deadline.com/2020/05/paramou...22-1202924176/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #29
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I hope that means they’re just deciding which to do first and not one instead of the other.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #30
AquaParade
Big Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The next live-action TF movie has been scheduled for June 24th 2022, they haven't decided if it'll be the follow-up to Bumblebee or Beast Wars

https://deadline.com/2020/05/paramou...22-1202924176/
Prob depends on whether they can convince the cast to return. Drawing a blank on the girls name.

She was good, but I rather see Beast Wars.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:02 AM   #31
Jazzfox
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Prob depends on whether they can convince the cast to return. Drawing a blank on the girls name.

She was good, but I rather see Beast Wars.
Charlie? =O She's definitely holding the title of best human protagonist in the transformers live action series, but I think her story is nicely built and contained there, Idunno where you'd take her further

I'm a super big Transformers fan, soooo, for better or worse that has meant me sitting through all the Bay-former movies, lol, Bumblebee being made by Travis Knight (I was a BIG Kubo Two Strings fan!) was a highlight for me and really showed off what a Transformers live action movie COULD be like!

(Holy hell, the Cybertron scenes ALONE were worth price of admission!)

I appreciate folks been burnt plenty on the movies not wanting to give it a chance, but I will say that it's a serious gem in the franchise buried by a lot of the other crud, if you're still in lockdown and looking for something to pass time, it's worth a thought at least

(Or at the very least, worth considering next to your 31st viewing of Speed Racer! ...Man, I need to find a copy of that again.)

On THIS particular movie, I'm not sure what to think... Cooley comes from the Pixar powerhouse, so I do think he'll know how to lay out the movie and make it look at its best, whether or not he can land the portrayal of characters is another thing...

I'm actually sadly not as excited by the premise looking back at Prime/Megatron

Ever since TFrime was a show, they've set up an aligned continuity that has been mostly stuck to since then that portrays the fall of Cybertron and Prime and Megatron's part of this, so it would have to work hard for me to make it stand out

(Any other IDW fans out there? If you want an idea of how good it could be? Take a look at 'Chaos Theory' a two part comic story by James Roberts that explores pre-war Cybertron between Megs/Prime!)

It has a bit to measure up to there, but could be really sweet for newer or more casual fans I think if they stick that =o

Beast Wars is also a reeeeeeally interesting angle, Hasbro has obviously noted of late that kids have been digging animal transformers with RiD choosing to go with a WAY bigger cast of animal themed transformers (sadly mostly entirely the villains...) and then bringing back a lot of Beasties transformers for Cyberverse

Sooooo, I could hedge a bet to see a Beast Wars movie since they haven't really mined the original show since way-way back in the 90's, my only worry being how they'd get past the somewhat convoluted backstory to make it more accessible =o

Also, congrats on getting me to return into full Transformers rant mode, lol

(Please excuse any long time in replies, sometimes offline for long periods!)
Jazzfox is offline   Reply With Quote