The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-05-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
The Great Saiyaman
Hench Mutant

The third person in the secret identity of a super hero.

Well that Peter Parker is Spider-man is one thing that even the most recent cartoon series pushes you in the face from the get-go but what it doesn't always show is the fact that in order to keep Peter Parker and Spider-man as to separate entities, takes a very careful balancing act.

Because:
- As Peter Parker, he constantly has to keep a very close watch on what he says, how he behaves and always has an excuse ready to explain how he gets all bruised up from fights.
- As Spider-Man, he always has a smart mouth (which as he once explained to Mary Jane is a way of him dealing with the fear he has from facing the more dangerous of his enemies) but when fighting those enemies, he has to be VERY careful not to show traits of Peter Parker because some people might make the connection and come after him.
- Again as Peter Parker, he has to be very careful not to showcase any of Spidey's traits such as his super strength and perfect balance.

A good example is in the comic in which Spider-Man started Dating Black cat and unmasks in front of her, telling her that he's Peter Parker and that his home life is actually very humble and not at all as lavish as Black cat thought Super heroes lived.

But SHE fell in love with Spider-man, NOT Peter Parker.

But what is rarely shown here is that there's actually a third personalty that manifests itself between Peter Parker and Spider-man, the man who is neither of the two. Most of the time that personality shows itself when Peter Parker is with Mary Jane. Prior to this scene he just admitted to her how tired he is with people getting hurt because of him being BOTH Peter Parker and Spiderman and that he reached his breaking point.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PkpvT7bOXz...zeRender_2.jpg

Even Hobgoblin notices that the Spider-man he fought after MJ riled him up was different.

So being two very different personalities is difficult, just ask Prince Adam

This episode is notable because of Prince Adam's uncharacteristic outburst against Teela, who normally is his best friend and as was later revealed, his betrothed.

Having saved the Widgets from Beast Man, at Castle Grayskull He-Man, Teela, and Orko tell the Sorceress of their victory. Teela remarks that she must get back to the Royal Palace, as Prince Adam is behind in his training, prompting a wry smile from He-Man. Back at the Royal Palace, a frustrated Teela attempts to locate Adam, but has no luck. Eventually she finds him and Cringer sleeping under a tree and questions why he failed to meet her for training. Adam is brutally honest and states that he simply didn't feel like it. Teela is shocked at Adam's response, and even more so when he accuses her of being obsessed with work. Having heard enough, uncharacteristically, Prince Adam dismisses Teela as nothing more than a simple servant. As Teela leaves, Cringer confronts Prince Adam over his treatment of her...

Cringer: Well, I hope you're proud of yourself. I've never heard you talk that way to Teela.
Adam: Well, she's always... (He suddenly realizes that there are other reasons he snapped at Teela.) I don't know. I guess I'm....just tired,
Cringer: But you're He-Man!
Adam : (With a little sense of irony in his voice) Yeah, he never gets tired. But Prince Adam does! (In a strong tone of voice) It's always "Study this! Learn that!" I'm tired of it!
Cringer: Well, I'm tired of being Battle Cat, but as much as I hate to say this, I'm sure glad he's around when we need him.
Adam: I'd just like to take a break for a while. Do something relaxing for a change.
Cringer: But what about Teela?
Adam: (Now much calmer) Don't worry. I'll say something to her. Why don't we use this nice shady spot for a nap?
Cringer: Now you're talking!

Here was the guy who stands in between He-man and Prince Adam, talking about how much effort it takes to be both of those guys, and he's admitting how fed up he is about that to the only other in that reality who KNOWS what that's like.

Last edited by The Great Saiyaman; 05-05-2020 at 10:42 AM.
The Great Saiyaman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:15 PM   #2
AquaParade
Big Boss

Fascinating.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:01 AM   #3
snake
Disgusting

What happened to this place?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
The Great Saiyaman
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
What happened to this place?
Why do you ask, is there anything wrong with me starting a thread about how difficult it is to have a secret identity, something that many super hero movies and ditto comics happily overlook?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:11 AM   #5
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Why do you ask, is there anything wrong with me starting a thread about how difficult it is to have a secret identity, something that many super hero movies and ditto comics happily overlook?
First of all, this thread reads like you’re drunk-posting- I could barely make out what the point even was. Second, why do you think it’s overlooked? It’s literally the crux of any story with a secret identity. Spider-Man 2, for f*cks sake, radiates this as a main theme. Half of the reason why a secret identity exists as a narrative feature is because of it can be used for these types of stories with an emotional pull.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote