The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-11-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
DK2
Stone Warrior

Why Mirage never did collected book 8?

Just wondering why Mirage never did TMNT Collected Book 8? Craig Farley showed his pencilled cover for book 8 online years ago. Why did it not happen? Was wondering if it was because of the Rick Veitch situation with Mirage about creator rights of material had it included or started with his TMNT #30. Also what issues would it have had? If they couldn't include #30, what else could they have included? Issue #31 would've been wrong as it was part one of Mike Zulli's Souls Winter arc which wasn't seeing its other chapters til a good 4 issues later. Would it have been the one offs by random creators? So I'm thinking either #30, 32 and 33. Or the alternative if Vietch was the issue, maybe #32-34 then? Farley's cover largely implies the content of 32 or 33 if I'm not mistaken? Was the sales a factor on the last few Collected books? I'll admit the last 2 books 6 & 7 are the hardest to find in the after/collector market. Or was that perhaps the result of book 5's fault? The Mark Martin stuff left a sour taste to the comic stores for future collected books? Just curious as to why a collected book 8 never happened?
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:22 PM   #2
frank_one
Stone Warrior

I guess book 7 didn't sell enough.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DK2 View Post
Or was that perhaps the result of book 5's fault? The Mark Martin stuff left a sour taste to the comic stores for future collected books?
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
I guess book 7 didn't sell enough.
Both of these things, probably.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:40 AM   #4
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I think they got less popular over time, and it probably wasn't lucrative to release. Book 7 was released in November 1991. At one point, can't remember what year, there was a flood at Mirage which also impacted their release schedule.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:09 PM   #5
rs_jr
Mouser

The collected TMNT volume for 2009 was nice I wished IDW continued it instead of all the color reprints
rs_jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 03:33 PM   #6
Sharman
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs_jr View Post
The collected TMNT volume for 2009 was nice I wished IDW continued it instead of all the color reprints
That was a nice one - it collected "Fugitoid" as well, didn't it?
I understand that it was planned to be the first in a new series of collected books but then PL sold the rights ...
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:15 PM   #7
DK2
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharman View Post
That was a nice one - it collected "Fugitoid" as well, didn't it?
I understand that it was planned to be the first in a new series of collected books but then PL sold the rights ...
Wish Mirage did more of the collected books onwards in 2009. It'd be nice to get a new RTNY compilation and just for completions sake include Tales Vol. 2 #70. Although that came after the next year. It be nice too to get an all in one Shades of Grey/City at War book. IDW has still yet to make it in one book. I can't stand this still hasn't happened. Wish IDW would make a new line of TMNT trades in this vein. Maybe call it the Mirage Collection or brand it as the Collected Book line again. Keep the Eastman & Laird commentaries too. But I doubt that. The Ultimate Collection is their line right now in this fashion.
DK2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:51 PM   #8
liugeaux
Hench Mutant

Personally, the fact that City at War has never been collected start to finish in one book should be a crime...just sayin'.
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote