The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Batman/TMNT III Placement?

What would be the best placement in the Mirage timeline?
Raph mentions arguing with Leo
Then he's about to fight the purple dragons
They mention fighting the Utroms
Mikey's present
I'd say pre-volume 4 sometime
Enscripture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:19 AM   #2
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
What would be the best placement in the Mirage timeline?
Raph mentions arguing with Leo
Then he's about to fight the purple dragons
They mention fighting the Utroms
Mikey's present
I'd say pre-volume 4 sometime
The three Batman crossovers and the Power Rangers crossover feature the IDW turtles but are NOT canon to the main IDW chronology.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 01:50 AM   #3
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
The three Batman crossovers and the Power Rangers crossover feature the IDW turtles but are NOT canon to the main IDW chronology.
Yes, but what about Mirage turtles?
Old 05-21-2020, 02:49 AM   #4
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I know I'm talking about Mirage Turtles placement
Old 05-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #5
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I know I'm talking about Mirage Turtles placement
Apologies, I think I misunderstood your original post. I take it you're asking where would it be best placed chronologically if it were a Mirage-Turtles story?
Unfortunately I'm not super-familiar with the Mirage comics and could only guess somewhere maybe late in Volume 1 or Volume 2, but I could be wildly wrong.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #6
Galactus
Foot Elite

The third series does feature the Mirage turtles which is what the OP is referring to.

I'd place it early Vol. 1. After their encounter with the Utroms but before the return of the Shredder. Raph is still concerned about battling the Foot so it's definitely pre-City At War. I know Eastman's solo art style shouldn't be a huge indicator but it does evoke an early Mirage style and Raph throughout most of the story sports the belt tied in a knot which the turtles had in their earliest appearances. If I remember correctly the last issue has them switch to the stitch belts but I think that was simply an error on his part. The fact that he used the belt tied in a knot at all suggests he felt the turtles were supposed to be from the earliest issues. I'd say any time after #6 but before Leonardo #1.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #7
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I will assume like it being non-cannon with IDW it also applies to Mirage. Only the Ghostbusters count as far as in-cannon crossovers with any continuity and that is cheily because both have ongoing titles by the same company. I suspect even the Usagi one-shot is non-cannon for IDW despite the character migrating over to IDW as a published license.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #8
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I will assume like it being non-cannon with IDW it also applies to Mirage. Only the Ghostbusters count as far as in-cannon crossovers with any continuity and that is cheily because both have ongoing titles by the same company. I suspect even the Usagi one-shot is non-cannon for IDW despite the character migrating over to IDW as a published license.
The Usagi crossover is canon with IDW, it's also in the 9th hardback volume.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
The Usagi crossover is canon with IDW, it's also in the 9th hardback volume.
That makes two crossovers then. I was not sure on that one. Batman and Power Rangers are garuntee to be its own thing. I personally don't count thatXx-Files one-shot because it did not really feature the Turtles. Its' not like they meet Mulder and Scully.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #10
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
The third series does feature the Mirage turtles which is what the OP is referring to.

I'd place it early Vol. 1. After their encounter with the Utroms but before the return of the Shredder. Raph is still concerned about battling the Foot so it's definitely pre-City At War. I know Eastman's solo art style shouldn't be a huge indicator but it does evoke an early Mirage style and Raph throughout most of the story sports the belt tied in a knot which the turtles had in their earliest appearances. If I remember correctly the last issue has them switch to the stitch belts but I think that was simply an error on his part. The fact that he used the belt tied in a knot at all suggests he felt the turtles were supposed to be from the earliest issues. I'd say any time after #6 but before Leonardo #1.
It can't be Volume 1 because at that time there were 0 other turtles in the mulitiverse, if that makes sense.
The Mirage has to happen ->OT -> Archie -> 2003 series -> IDW -> [Here at the very least] for the Batman/TMNT to even exist because the IDW series pulls from the other series and the Batman/TMNT are based on IDW which makes just because the Batman/TMNT existing, a late adventure.

I'm thinking early volume 4 where a multiverse is established as existing
after
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/...-vol-2-58.html

Of course it could happen anywhere but time travel I don't think was mentioned.
I'm rereading the whole thing and I'll try to use the Purple Dragons as a reference point when they are active
Old 05-21-2020, 03:27 PM   #11
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
There is technically a spot in IDW’s timeline it could god, but it would be a tight fight.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:25 PM   #12
Galactus
Foot Elite

Quote:
It can't be Volume 1 because at that time there were 0 other turtles in the mulitiverse, if that makes sense.
The Mirage has to happen ->OT -> Archie -> 2003 series -> IDW -> [Here at the very least] for the Batman/TMNT to even exist because the IDW series pulls from the other series and the Batman/TMNT are based on IDW which makes just because the Batman/TMNT existing, a late adventure.

I'm thinking early volume 4 where a multiverse is established as existing
after
http://tmntentity.blogspot.com/2009/...-vol-2-58.html

Of course it could happen anywhere but time travel I don't think was mentioned.
I'm rereading the whole thing and I'll try to use the Purple Dragons as a reference point when they are active
I highly doubt Tynion knows about Vol. 4.

Also while Mirage is established as the first universe I'm pretty sure the multiverse has long existed. I'm pretty sure the intention is for the turtles to have plucked from early in their publishing history.
Old 05-22-2020, 02:21 AM   #13
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
That makes two crossovers then. I was not sure on that one. Batman and Power Rangers are garuntee to be its own thing. I personally don't count thatXx-Files one-shot because it did not really feature the Turtles. Its' not like they meet Mulder and Scully.
There's a bigger discussion of this over on the IDW Collections thread but tldr is as follows:

Canon crossovers:- Ghostbusters 1 + 2, Usagi Yojimbo, Infestation 2

Not canon:- Batman 1 - 3, Power Rangers, X-Files

Hope that helps
Old 05-22-2020, 06:09 AM   #14
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I highly doubt Tynion knows about Vol. 4.

Also while Mirage is established as the first universe I'm pretty sure the multiverse has long existed. I'm pretty sure the intention is for the turtles to have plucked from early in their publishing history.
Well in the REAL world there were 0 other tmnt for a multiverse to exist in the early stories. In story, the 1st alternate turtles are the Super Turtles and they're during volume 4

Last edited by Enscripture; 05-22-2020 at 06:15 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 10:36 AM   #15
Galactus
Foot Elite

The crossover isn't set in the real world.
Old 05-22-2020, 01:26 PM   #16
Enscripture
Hench Mutant

Quote:
The crossover isn't set in the real world.
Well DUH lol Krang states that theres no Krang in the mirage universe but how can there be if there was no OT at the time yet for this batman/tmnt Krang to originate from the IDW Krang and OT Krang

I'll try to ignore logic and find a spot assuming there's time travel involved lol
But that also means that when the multiverse is acknowledged in the mirage universe the tmnt forget AGAIN a few more times