The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-25-2018, 03:20 PM   #41
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm not a conspiracy theorist... but c'mon. This does seem a little bit... funnily timed.

Meanwhile, look how fast the letters with ricin sent to the White House a couple weeks ago got swept under the rug.
Exactly. This fits the left model of operating more than the rights.

If I had to guess, this "event" is an another example of leftist manipulation to paint the growing population of right-leaning America in as negative a light as possible through manipulation of the "idiot vote" (that is to say, people who would hear a story like this and have it galvanize their simplistic views of "right vs left" into a voting model for the left based on their assumption that "people on the right must have done this! I knew all along that people who don't vote Democrat were evil and now here's the proof!", which is of course just ludicrous).

Basically liberals in today's world = tantrum throwing manipulators while libertarians and conservatives are trying to enjoy life and be part of the current growth politics that favor the nation.

It just doesn't make any sense for anyone on top right now (e.g. Republicans) to do this basically at all, let alone during an election period. My guess is that the idiot who is mailing things to leftist leaders is actually a leftist manipulator trying to employ manipulative political psychology - again.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:31 PM   #42
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post

If I had to guess, this "event" is an another example of leftist manipulation to paint the growing population of right-leaning America in as negative a light as possible through manipulation of the "idiot vote" (that is to say, people who would hear a story like this and have it galvanize their simplistic views of "right vs left" into a voting model for the left based on their assumption that "people on the right must have done this! I knew all along that people who don't vote Democrat were evil and now here's the proof!", which is of course just ludicrous).

Basically liberals in today's world = tantrum throwing manipulators while libertarians and conservatives are trying to enjoy life and be part of the current growth politics that favor the nation.

It just doesn't make any sense for anyone on top right now (e.g. Republicans) to do this basically at all, let alone during an election period. My guess is that the idiot who is mailing things to leftist leaders is actually a leftist manipulator trying to employ manipulative political psychology - again.
What a load of crap . Conservatives don't care about the stuff that favor the nation. All they care about is lining their own pockets and screwing the middle class people/other races/other genders.

but ya its the evil left. The right does nothing wrong and is perfect in every way
Old 10-25-2018, 03:43 PM   #43
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
What a load of crap . Conservatives don't care about the stuff that favor the nation. All they care about is lining their own pockets and screwing the middle class people/other races/other genders.

but ya its the evil left. The right does nothing wrong and is perfect in every way
The left also thinks they're perfect and do nothing wrong themselves and that the right is evil. It goes both ways, really.

I'm sure left wing politicians also only care about lining their own pockets as well. That's like 90% of politicians... and I'm being generous optimistic here.

Neither side has moral superiority over the other at this point.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:48 PM   #44
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Like assulting a journalist?

Oh wait that was a republican congressman.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #45
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
liberals in today's world = tantrum throwing manipulators
Like our current president who throws a twitter tantrum whenever someone posts something bad about him or calls everything fake news and witch hunt

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 10-25-2018 at 04:49 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:59 PM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:

Yeah, my gut tends to lean toward this being one guy, or a small group, not anything actually organized at a higher level. But nothing would really surprise me.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:05 PM   #47
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Basically liberals...
This kind of crap makes me want to sit here and laugh my ass off if it turns out it is indeed a conservative/Trump supporter. Were it not for the fact that this isn't funny, period. And would not be no matter who was targeted.

If it is, many conservatives will probably just try to pull a 'no true Scotsmen' anyhow.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:44 PM   #48
Leo656
The Franchise

I laugh at all of it. When you completely remove yourself from having any direct involvement in this stuff other than to observe/report - with NO emotional investment whatsoever - it's all so f*cking hysterical.

Regardless... if something ever actually happens and suddenly a bunch of 1%-ers go up in smoke - Red or Blue - you won't catch me shedding any crocodile tears. That's the risk they assumed when they signed up for the job of "Making rules everyone but them has to follow", and "Giving themselves more money whenever they feel like it without any justification."

Brigands and thieves, all. F*ck 'em.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #49
sdp
-

lol this place is like infowars now, no better than when Plastron was here.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:14 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Pretty much every internet forum/community is like that since 2014 or so. It mirrors our current society and political climate, I guess.
Old 10-26-2018, 02:21 AM   #51
BartAllen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
"An initial examination shows they are rudimentary but functional, and have similar construction. At least one contained projectiles, including shards of glass, a law enforcement official told CNN. The bombs were unstable and could have been set off by handling, sources said."
Strange then that NOT A SINGLE ONE ACTUALLY WENT OFF.

Why would anyone put a timer on a bomb if they weren't aware of when it would be delivered?

I did hear on a political station, and this is speculation on the host's part, that they think this is a disgruntled Bernie bro. That the return address being Wasserman-schultz (she is the one who screwed Bernie) was an unintended message he/she showed.

Last edited by BartAllen; 10-26-2018 at 02:27 AM.
BartAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:57 AM   #52
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Could they be the mystical gay frog bombs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartAllen View Post
Strange then that NOT A SINGLE ONE ACTUALLY WENT OFF.
Why is that strange when most if not all who got a bomb package have security people checking their mail.

but I guess you and other posters in this thread also believe Hilary runs a pedo sex ring in pizza restaurant basements, or that the earth is flat.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:36 AM   #53
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Could they be the mystical gay frog bombs?

Why is that strange when most if not all who got a bomb package have security people checking their mail.

but I guess you and other posters in this thread also believe Hilary runs a pedo sex ring in pizza restaurant basements, or that the earth is flat.
Those are quite strange assumptions to make. I don't think most people bought into the pizzagate conspiracy. And since when are there Flat Earthers in here?! I can't speak for some of those users, but I'm pretty sure neither Leo nor Andrew are Flat Earthers. And I'd be surprised if BartAllen or IMJ were.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #54
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I don't think most people bought into the pizzagate conspiracy.
Never underestimate the stupidity and conspiracy obsession of U.S. Americans in the 21st century...

After all, maybe not any forum members (or are there?), but it's people in this country that are re-embracing the flat Earth thing. At what point do our allies decide to take pity and just euthanize this country for its own good...?

Two more bombs. Aside from the potential danger to people, because we just can't know, how much is this even costing us in tax dollars at this point?

Although I kinda worry that maybe it's a bunch of duds to make people become apathetic about it before a legit one or more show up somewhere and actually hurt someone. Either that or some copy cat sees this person as a failure and creates ones that do go off.

Side note, my mom said one of my cousins (albeit one I don't know that much) presently works at one of the post offices where one for Biden was found. Glad they were found and removed without incident, but worry that this nonsense could just continue or turn out worse next time. A little creeped out about needing to visit the one I hit for my job again in a few weeks. It's small and doubt it would ever end up involved, in this or some other similar incident, but god only knows.

edit:

The NYT (edit - and others) just put up an article claiming a man in his 50s in FL has been arrested in connection to it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/n...ombs-sent.html

Quote:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...arrest-florida

The suspect is a man in his 50s with an address in Aventura, Florida, according to CNN.

He was arrested outside the AutoZone in Plantation, Florida, where authorities were also preparing to tow a white van.

The man has a criminal history and once lived in New York, CNN reported.

Quote:
https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status...599042/photo/1
@EdKrassen
This is the van of the bomb suspect, which is being towed from an Autozone in Plantation Florida. What does everyone make of the decals on these windows?
Spoiler:

I won't even say it.

If this guy really is a/the legit suspect in this and that van is in fact his, then I'm just glad they caught him.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 10-26-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #55
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
The NYT (edit - and others) just put up an article claiming a man in his 50s in FL has been arrested in connection to it.

It should be very interesting once we know more about this guy.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:08 AM   #56
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Never underestimate the stupidity and conspiracy obsession of U.S. Americans in the 21st century...

After all, maybe not any forum members (or are there?), but it's people in this country that are re-embracing the flat Earth thing. At what point do our allies decide to take pity and just euthanize this country for its own good...?

Two more bombs. Aside from the potential danger to people, because we just can't know, how much is this even costing us in tax dollars at this point?

Although I kinda worry that maybe it's a bunch of duds to make people become apathetic about it before a legit one or more show up somewhere and actually hurt someone. Either that or some copy cat sees this person as a failure and creates ones that do go off.

Side note, my mom said one of my cousins (albeit one I don't know that much) presently works at one of the post offices where one for Biden was found. Glad they were found and removed without incident, but worry that this nonsense could just continue or turn out worse next time. A little creeped out about needing to visit the one I hit for my job again in a few weeks. It's small and doubt it would ever end up involved, in this or some other similar incident, but god only knows.

edit:

I won't even say it.

If this guy really is a/the legit suspect in this and that van is in fact his, then I'm just glad they caught him.
So the guy who set the packages was a trump supporter color me surprised
Old 10-26-2018, 10:57 AM   #57
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

The presidential seal is pretty obvious along with the elephant symbol, though supposedly the van also has images of a target over Hillary, according to something else I just read. Talk about a fanatical nutcase.
Old 10-26-2018, 11:01 AM   #58
Vegita-San
Emperor

the van looks brand new. perfectly washed. not a scratch on it. with stickers un affected by the elements so people can perfectly photograph them.

Also, how does ONE MAN send 12 badly made 'bombs' out by himself on that time schedule?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 11:02 AM   #59
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

"top youth soccer recruits for Trump"
Spoiler:

Old 10-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #60
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
"top youth soccer recruits for Trump"
That's so over-the-top it still doesn't help sway me to believing one possible explanation (conspiracy) over the other (nutjob).

50/50, man. I dunno. People suck either way.

Tags
i love trump, i'm a political expert, magabomber, tribalism, trump is innocent