The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you rather
Have 2-3 more years of Rise of the TMNT 24 35.82%
Have Rise of the TMNT cancelled immediately and a new show in its place 29 43.28%
Dont Care 14 20.90%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #21
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I like it, hope we can get another season.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #22
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

It is the worst compared to all previous shows especialy what they did to me(making me just a monster and not fighting the turtles until season 2). But what Tom said about it killing TMNT is not true because nothing can kill TMNT at this time when it has become so popular after 36 years.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:16 PM   #23
strawberryfields
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
there is no one talented enough left in hollywood (or left with actual free reign to create and risk) to get us anything anywhere NEAR what 2003 turtles was.

The only thing I've really flat out enjoyed in nick tmnt era has been tmnt idw and batman vrs tmnt movie.

2k12 was too hit and miss for me. and I could barely get past the first episode of rise and have not looked back.

As far as I am concerned, TMNT as we knew it died when peter laird sold things off. just like with star wars. they would have to flush the offices of this new age talent and start fresh with something amazing to get me to care again.

hasn't happend yet.
I mostly agree. Although I think TMNT was pretty dead in the few years before Nick bought it. 2007-2009 were some of the worst years for TMNT toys and cartoons, IMO

I remember the ****** 2007 movie toys, horrible back to the sewer cartoon, and a general lack of care for the franchise
strawberryfields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:50 PM   #24
Kit31
Foot Soldier

I'm for "none of the above". I'd like to see the show come to a real conclusion -- even though the overall storyline is pretty much non-existent. The show has had its highs and lows, but still remained entertaining, at least. I want to see how it plays out to the end.
Kit31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:36 AM   #25
victory_angel
Foot Elite

The show is interesting to say the least.

I wouldn't say it is Teen Titan's Go bad, but it is the TMNT equivalent of Teen Titan's Go. I get the impression the writing staff is trying to go somewhere with this series, they just have to get through a lot crap just to get there.

It's certainly something to fill in the space for the next incarnation.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:45 AM   #26
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

I really liked the way Donatello and Splinter were written in this show but I am by no means sad that they are going to scrap it soon and start anew.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 11:23 AM   #27
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
The thing I mostly loathe is how Nickelodeon went ALL IN on Rise and expressing any dislike of the series kind of got you shamed because you didn't give it a chance or you're not open to change, etc., etc.
It's funny, as someone who likes the show I feel the same, but in reverse. Any mention that you like this show get's frowned upon, trolled etc.

Really is a divisive series! I'll be sad to see it cut short.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #28
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Piddy 1982 View Post
It's funny, as someone who likes the show I feel the same, but in reverse. Any mention that you like this show get's frowned upon, trolled etc.

Really is a divisive series! I'll be sad to see it cut short.
thats certainly true. I quite like the show for various reasons. hope it gets back on track to continue its story..any updates on that netflix movie yet? I have the feeling that it kind of dissappeared. wasn't it supposed to link the first and the second season of rise?...it still could do that posthumously I guess..
Old 03-12-2020, 09:04 PM   #29
Leo656
The Franchise

I have a feeling that, like most projects, the "Rise" movie was never officially on the books. Many times production companies will tease something like this and present it as if it's definitely happening, when in fact they're simply checking the temperature to see if it would be a good idea to do such a thing. If reaction is favorable, they proceed. If reaction is negative, they quietly go back to the drawing board. WB, for example, is notorious for this, especially with their DC films. And remember a few years ago when G.I. Joe, Transformers and even M.A.S.K. were all gonna be part of a shared movie universe? They came out talking like it was a done deal, but we've heard nothing substantial about it in years.

That's what the announcement of a "Rise" movie always felt like, to me; it wasn't gonna happen, but Nick obviously had to push the show as hard as they could, and saying "Yeah, we're working on a movie, too" definitely makes it sound like they had confidence and a long-term plan in place, even though that was obviously not correct.

The toys didn't sell and the reaction to the show was overwhelmingly negative outside of a very passionate minority, so I think it's safe to say that the movie isn't going to happen, and most likely never was.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:30 AM   #30
D Piddy 1982
Stone Warrior

Unfortunately (for me) I think you're right Leo656. I would guess the movie was part of a plan they had pencilled out after the launch of the Rise project.

I think the best...the very best...Rise fans can hope for is the completion of the second series.

Being from the UK, it is very difficult to catch this series. I haven't been able to complete the first series and I doubt I'll be able to watch any of the second without go into parts of the dark web that sane people fear.

I think based on what has happened to this show, for the fans of it to get 2 complete series would be an achievement. Look what happened to Thundercats 2012, that was a good show but they never got to tie up loose ends in a second series.

" 'Hero Turtle' craze leads to duck deaths" BBC News 2001
D Piddy 1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 01:20 PM   #31
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I have a feeling that, like most projects, the "Rise" movie was never officially on the books. Many times production companies will tease something like this and present it as if it's definitely happening, when in fact they're simply checking the temperature to see if it would be a good idea to do such a thing. If reaction is favorable, they proceed. If reaction is negative, they quietly go back to the drawing board.
In that case, given that it is/was supposed to be part of their deal with Netflix, then I hope they paid attention to the serious interest in TMNT Netflix projects, but just not that.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:22 AM   #32
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
And remember a few years ago when G.I. Joe, Transformers and even M.A.S.K. were all gonna be part of a shared movie universe?
They finally started negotiating with a potential writer for the M.A.S.K film so there's some signs of life still with that. I imagine factors like the recent M.A.S.K comic book not selling well may have contributed to some cold feet on furthering the film for a while and they wanted to put some distance between them and that.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 05:00 PM   #33
Leo656
The Franchise

"M.A.S.K.! Do they sell... the gas... to, themseeeeeelves?"

"M.A.S.K.! The things they turn into... are worse than they were befooooore!"

Old 03-21-2020, 01:30 AM   #34
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryfields View Post
Can't wait for it to fizzle out so they can move on to something better. It will be a footnote in TMNT history
I would really like to see atleast a couple of episodes but, as long as I know, the show didn't aired up in my country.

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #35
HamsterAndTurtleSoup
Mouser

Not gonna lie, gonna be super disappointed if (as it increasingly appears) it gets cancelled. Rise is a lot of fun and a feast for the eyeballs. It's a pity Nick didn't put a little more support behind it in terms of marketing, merch, airtime, availability etc.

Tumblr | DeviantArt

TMNT Fancomics:
Matricide (In progress!)
Blaze of Glory (Complete!)
HamsterAndTurtleSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #36
Cowa
Random Punk

Location: I'm pretty sure I'm living somewhere inside my mind
I actually wish they give the franchise a 2-4 years break at least, so...Cancel Rise asap and wait a few years until the next reboot. That's what I'd like.
Old 04-14-2020, 08:52 PM   #37
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

I voted that it stays.

1. To piss off the haters who are too stupid to f u c k off and leave its fans alone. Do something else you pathetic creatures.

2. You assume whatever is next down the pipe will be any better.

3. At least Rise has excellent looking fights.

At most I say give Rise its chance to finish, then no more cartoons for at least 2 or 3 years.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 04-14-2020 at 08:59 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #38
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post

2. You assume whatever is next down the pipe will be any better.
Not me!

...Because it's still gonna be owned by Nickelodeon, and I'm a person who pays attention.

Old 04-15-2020, 08:59 AM   #39
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Yeah, that's my worry... we are made to wait several years and then just get 'Rise' 2.0. No amount of time would magically make stupid acting out-of-character Turtles enjoyable.

But I still really hope/wish that the Viacom merger with CBS could allow it to have some other options besides just Nick.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:58 AM   #40
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I didn't gel with the pilot episode. That's all I watched so far.

I do plan on rewatching the pilot and more episodes of season 1 soon. I want to make sure I give the show plenty of opportunity to flex its stuff for me.

Already know there's a lot I don't like, but I know there will be things about it that I do.

I absolutely do not like some of the character designs, but I do think the animation itself (despite the designs) is very nice to watch, particularly during action sequences. So things like that I know I can appreciate it for.

Whatever Nick's next shot at TMNT is like... I hope they learned a lot from their experiences on both 2012 and Rise to see what works and didn't work, and will hopefully give us their best product to-date, as long as they are committed to not cheaping out, and get the right talent on board.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote