The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 02-19-2011, 01:12 AM   #41
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Thanks,i did previously some games so i have some experience but im still learning everyday on small mistakes.
Anyway,all characters would have dash attack ,launcher and air combo,Leonardo plays better than raphael ,i could do video later ,i dont want to spoil everythin by showing everythin before release tho.But im not a big fan of secrects and hidden stuff.I like to have everythin unlocked.I would even prefere to unlock enemies as playable characters ,so you could play as foot soldier or shredder and beat the game.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:43 AM   #42
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
Ok what about this Casey,does it look decent enough ?
He's missing his golf bag.
Quote:
I would even prefere to unlock enemies as playable characters ,so you could play as foot soldier or shredder and beat the game.
When you play though the game as the villains do you plain to have a different story? Because it would be kind of weird beating up other Foot Soldiers.

Last edited by Xav; 02-19-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 04:32 AM   #43
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Dude, this looks great so far. I can't wait to see the final product. It's been so long since I've checked out any new BoR stuff!
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 05:12 AM   #44
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
When you play though the game as the villains do you plain to have a different story? Because it would be kind of weird beating up other Foot Soldiers.
I didnt decided if i will make enemies playable,and if i will then they wouldnt fight against armies of turtles,just against other foot soldiers.
kinda like this :
Old 02-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #45
Xav
Foot Elite

I'm not talking about armies of turtles. I meant making the Turtles bosses and replacing the Foot Soldiers with cops or something.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #46
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Im not sure if people would want that ,not worthy to do it for one person.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #47
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Im not sure if people would want that ,not worthy to do it for one person.
Yeah, man, definitely gotta put the effort into ensuring the quality of the primary mode of gameplay. Playing a villain campaign mode would be fun, but it's probably something to consider down the road.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #48
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant

This is great. What villains have you decided on? A TMNT first movie style game is awesome. A true to from Mirage style game is what I've been hoping for but this is just amazing. Is the Shredder going to look movie style, too?
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #49
Damien Kash
Foot Soldier

This is looking great!

How about having Mirage comics characters as bosses, but in the movie style?
Could be fun to see Rat King, Karai and Baxter. Or others......

Anyhooooooo....... I'll be following this thread from now on! Thumbs up!
Damien Kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:10 AM   #50
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Im looking for van sprite for foot and i didnt decided about rat king or stockman cause im not sure about having mousers and rats ? They arent tall enough to receive hits but i must test that how it looks in the game,i have rat king sprites.For shredder ,i would need to change his colours a bit then maybe some small edits.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #51
Xav
Foot Elite

When the Turtles aren't using their weapons they should be in their belts. Also because you are going with movie style does that mean Tatsu will be in the game? I know there is a spirte of him from Hyperstone Heist though it doesn't have alot of animation. http://www.spriters-resource.com/gen...st/sheet/27099

Last edited by Xav; 02-21-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #52
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Maybe in your game ,not in mine,so drop this attitude please.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #53
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Seriously, Xav. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being rude.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #54
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I dont think its about that,it didnt bothered me that nes version of tournament fighters didnt had turtles with weapons,so i went with the same idea and its much faster ,but i can make open deal with Xav,when ill release a game he can edit all 180 sprites of turtles and give them weapons ,thats 180 x 4 pictures to edit.
Those things are just asthetics and can be changed easily ,its just i like them without weapons more but once i release the game then anyone could edit what they want.
Those tatsu sprites dont have many frames ,its like 4 frames in total not counting cloned frames with tiny differences,i need more than that cause i dont know what kind of moves he would have with such small amount of frames,graphically he isnt bad but i would prefere him to have some actual moveset not just walking and ducking frames.I guess there werent more frames in the game.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:42 PM   #55
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
If you don't like my idea fine, just say so, but there's no reason to be a dick about it.
You have already said and shown in some screenshots that the Turtles will use weapons during some attacks. So during those attacks if they won't pull them out of their belts or off their backs will they just appear in their hands?

Last edited by Xav; 11-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #56
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
You have already said and shown in some screenshots that the Turtles will use weapons during some attacks. So during those attacks if they won't pull them out of their belts or off their backs will they just appear in their hands?
Like bwwd said, putting those weapons in the belts would take some serious hours of work in editing each individual sprite. As it currently stands, they probably only show up in less than 10 sprites. Whereas idle, running, walking, jumping, and basic attack animations would amount to dozens and dozens per each turtle. If you've ever attempted sprite editing, you'd know how much effort that can be.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #57
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
it isn't like this dude is creating the next GTA or WOW... You want some weapons start editing, dude already said its like 180x4 different animations you would have to edit... I don't care if they have weapons or if its just at a minimum, i'm just happy someone is putting together something this cool!

-ms
Old 02-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #58
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Dont tell me you dont believe in magic and pulling things out of nowhere .
I would seriously avoid this thread if it bothers you so much.
Come on lets be serious,if you have some real advice then go ahead but this is my personal choice to have them without weapons.
I wanted to make some vid but ill wait a bit ,but you saw first one with raphael id doesnt look that jarring when weapon is in his hands during special attacks.

Last edited by bwwd; 02-21-2011 at 09:26 PM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #59
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Seriously, Xav. There's a difference between constructive criticism and being rude.
I'm not being rude I just posted a suggestion to add more realism. Other people have posted suggestions on this same thread. bwwd if you hate weapons so much why do you have them in the knockdown attacks?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:05 AM   #60
bwwd
Hench Mutant

oh damn

Tags
fan game