The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-09-2019, 07:37 AM   #301
CyberCubed
Overlord

Doesn't sound like the lesbian thing will happen...at least this time. Maybe for a Frozen 3.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 11:57 AM   #302
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The latest plot rumor is that the film will revolve around Anna and Elsa going on a journey to find out what really happened to their parents.

https://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-2-plot/
So, something else happened to there parents they just discovered?

I hope it ends with a happily ever after for a particular couple after all this
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #303
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The latest plot rumor is that the film will revolve around Anna and Elsa going on a journey to find out what really happened to their parents.

https://www.slashfilm.com/frozen-2-plot/
Their parents had a son when on the ship, and later on got ship wrecked in Africa.

Then they lived together in a treehouse, until they were killed by a Leopard.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:21 PM   #304
drgon78
Mad Scientist

What if the blond kid that was being lifted by the wind in the teaser trailer is Anna/Elsa's younger brother.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:00 PM   #305
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A behind-the-scenes documentary of Frozen 2 will be available for the Disney+ streaming service.

'Frozen 2' to Receive Behind-the-Scenes Documentary for Disney+
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #306
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Disney has announced that a new trailer is debuting tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Disney Studios
The brand-new trailer for #Frozen2 debuts tomorrow morning, exclusively on @GMA.

https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/st...60070363648001
Old 06-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #307
drgon78
Mad Scientist

A new trailer Tuesday, interesting.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:06 PM   #308
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

There is also little synopsis for the sequel.

Quote:
"Why was Elsa born with magical powers? The answer is calling her and threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she'll set out on a dangerous but remarkable journey. In Frozen, Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In Frozen 2, she must hope they are enough."
Frozen 2 Synopsis Teases Treacherous Journey for Elsa and Anna
Old 06-11-2019, 04:47 AM   #309
drgon78
Mad Scientist

I wonder if they might recycle Gigantic's story dealing with evil giants. If not, that would make an interesting third movie.

Last edited by drgon78; 06-11-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #310
Vicky82
Emperor

Here's the trailer

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:32 AM   #311
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

pretty neat trailer, I'm hyped for the movie
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #312
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Oh look, a (stone)giant.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #313
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

The water horse Elsa encounters is called a Nokke/Neck/Nix. It's essentially a Germanic mermaid/Siren (a shapeshifting one at that). I read one article that said this is supposadly Elsa's love interest.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #314
drgon78
Mad Scientist

They are also called Kelpie.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:44 PM   #315
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Today at the D23 Expo, they revealed lots of details about the movie. This all makes me really look forward to seeing it.

Quote:
Directors Jennifer Lee (now also the chief creative officer of WDAS) and Chris Buck kicked off the presentation by broaching the key question Frozen 2 sought to answer - Why does Elsa have powers? - and the subsequent spiral of queries that followed as the filmmakers broke the sequel’s story. “Why was Anna born the way she was? Where were their parents really going when that ship went down? And is there really such a thing as happily ever after?”

To the point of parentage, Lee and Buck finally revealed the characters voiced by previously announced cast members Evan Rachel Wood and Sterling K. Brown. “As you know, in these Disney films - I’ve been guilty of it - we tend to kill off the parents, but we’re bringing them back,” joked Buck, to which Lee clarified, “For a scene!” Wood will play Queen Iduna, Anna and Elsa’s mother, seen in flashbacks singing to her young girls a lullaby about a distant, mystical river full of memory.

Brown’s character, meanwhile, appears in the film’s present: He plays Lieutenant Mattias, the leader of a group of Arendelle soldiers who have been trapped for 30 years in the enchanted forest where much of Frozen 2 is set. A brief clip showed Anna and Mattias discussing his past while the soldiers make camp in the woods.

Lee teased the film’s enchanted forest set piece as “a place of transformation where change comes for you whether you like it or not. Relationships are tested, everything you thought you knew proves to be wrong, powers that were once too strong for the world are suddenly not enough, and it’s easy to get lost.” Relationships are a key word for Frozen 2, given footage of an early scene in which Kristoff, after a game of charades, is repeatedly foisted in his intentions to propose to Anna.

Buck continued, “We can’t tell you whether they solve the mystery of the past or whether Elsa ever finds the answers about her powers, but we can tell you that Frozen 2 is even bigger and more epic, but most importantly, in the end Frozen 1 and Frozen 2 work together to form one complete story.”

Only then did the panel take a turn for the musical, and short of transcribing the very compositions, trust that the footage promises no lack of shine for Frozen 2’s new songs (by returning writers Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Bobby Lopez). Elsa’s first major song, “Into the Unknown,” finds her trying to resist - and ultimately giving into - the urge to follow a melodic voice from her past that suddenly appears in her adult life. Another song arrived in the form of a live quartet, as Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, and Jonathan Groff (plus a stuffed Sven sidekick) ended Disney’s studio panel with a rendition of a song about some things never changing… presumably, hopefully, already-infectiously titled “Some Things Never Change.”

Frozen 2 teases Anna and Elsa's parents, a proposal, and an 'Unknown' showstopper
Old 08-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #316
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Interesting.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:58 AM   #317
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

At the D23 Expo, it was revealed that Elsa will not have a love interest in this movie. The reasons are given in this article and they make very good points.

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/f...-interest-bb1/
Old 08-26-2019, 02:00 PM   #318
CyberCubed
Overlord

What a shame. Everyone was rooting for Elsa to be the first lesbian Disney animated character. I guess that was too much to ask for, she was the poster girl for the lesbian community. I don’t care about that and just wanted to see some hot cartoon lesbians in a Disney movie, but looks like I’ll have to wait for a Frozen 3 if there is one.

#GiveElsaAGirlfriend was trending on twitter land for a long time. It’s time for her to become the princess queen of lesbiana.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:04 PM   #319
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What a shame. Everyone was rooting for Elsa to be the first lesbian Disney animated character. I guess that was too much to ask for, she was the poster girl for the lesbian community. I don’t care about that and just wanted to see some hot cartoon lesbians in a Disney movie, but looks like I’ll have to wait for a Frozen 3 if there is one.

#GiveElsaAGirlfriend was trending on twitter land for a long time. It’s time for her to become the princess queen of lesbiana.
Don't worry, Cubed, you still have the internet to quench your thirst.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:04 PM   #320
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

This is the full quote from songwriter Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen Anderson-Lopez
Like the first movie, Elsa is not just defined by a romantic interest. There's so many movies that define a woman by her romantic interest. That's not a story that we wanted to tell at this point in time. What we really wanted to tell was if you have these powers, how do you grow and change and find your place in the world and find answers that haven't been found before?
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...-love-interest

Look, I'm a single guy and while Elsa is a cartoon character I think it's great that there is a powerful figure like her that doesn't need a lover to make her happy. I hope to find love someday, but Elsa is definitely someone a lot single people can relate to. Her sister as well as her potential brother-in-law and Olaf provide all of the love she needs in her life. The people of her kingdom have also became so supportive of her. Regina Mills/the Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time, who actually couldn't stand Elsa on the show, actually ended living happily ever after without finding a husband. She had lost two lovers, but her enemies soon forgave her and they became her extended family. The citizens of the newly formed combined realms will also always be there for her too and that is what mattered to her in the end.

Last edited by ranger_scout; 11-24-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Tags
cybercubed is lesbian, frozen sjw edition