The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Finally got a poll going on this one... so, what'd you think?
"Are you an Idiot? Lemme rephrase that... You're an Idiot!" 29 46.03%
"Was that Fair?" No... "Did I Win?" ...I see your point. 26 41.27%
You actually thought someone like me could be friends with a freak like you? Pathetic... 2 3.17%
*Don's golf Clap* 6 9.52%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 AM   #41
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
This episode was really sporadic.
That's not what that means.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #42
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Awesome episode. Funny thing is my aunt and uncle used to have a kitten named Mittens who had the exact same fur pattern, and she was kind of the same way - cute and cuddly, but also had a mean streak.

The social networking reference was pretty funny, and I'm hoping it'll pop up again.

BTW, did anyone notice that picture of April on Donatello's laptop? Pretty weird.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #43
Donnie
Something from the Past

I love every second of this new show. Wouldn't change a thing.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #44
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

Splinter is constantly stroking his beard. I'm surprised he hasn't pulled it all out by now.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:54 AM   #45
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
I love every second of this new show. Wouldn't change a thing.
Mike naming his toes was stupid.Edit that out and I will agree for the most part.

Had Splinter and April met?It seemed odd to find her in the lair.Her purpose just seemed to drive a plotbeat of introducing Mike to social networking which Don could have done. I hope to see this deaged April put to some use soon.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #46
Valtus3200
Mouser

Okay, been lurking here for a few months, as I had nothing new to say about anything. Hi. Valtus is back.

Dumping opinions in huge heaps of awesome in... 3... 2....

Four episodes in, one stinker, and I'm leaning toward liking this new show. Though, I still prefer 2k3's animation and epic story arcs. Mikey is friggin hilarious in this!

Today's episode was pretty good, I laughed, A LOT.

Man, I'm actually pretty glad to see the TMNT get some more diversified villains this time around. The plethora of shredders (and random comic book villains from the Mirage verse) was cool, but, as long as they don't over do it with the random mutations of random enemies, I think this show has some serious potential.

The CG still bothers me a bit... it just doesn't look as hard hitting, fast, or fluid, as the 2k3 show's later seasons did. I mean, the fight scenes in that were AMAZING for the most part. I'm hoping they find a good balance, so things don't look like they're obviously being animated on a rig in Maya. Some scenes work better than others, though. My main problem is with the over all jerky feel to some of the combat moves.

And for the individual turtles...

Raph's voice bothered me for the first few episodes... I'm just so used to him having a bit of an obvious New York accent, you know? That's one of the staples of the character that I've always loved. But, after some time, I've started to get past that and get a little more comfortable with the VA.

I prefer this Leo. He has more to learn than the other incarnations, and I can see potential in future character arcs with him. No gripes.

Don sounds awesome, obviously thanks to OT Raph's VA. XD But, I'm still not such a fan of his overall look... growing on me... but that missing tooth just irks me for some reason.

I wouldn't change Mikey at all.

One thing that is getting a bit annoying... is how the Kraang talk. I seriously hope the leader Kraang knows a bit more English.
Valtus3200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #47
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant

You know we needed episodes like this in the 2K3 series for Mikey. That would have been pretty cool.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #48
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Favourite Moments:

. "Your a Mutant Turtle armed with Ninja weapons..."
. "No it can't be...Your the guy with the cat!"
. Shredders cameo at the beginning
. Chris Bradford being voiced by Clancy Brown
. Xevers got skills, can't wait for his showdown with Leo in episode 8
. The turtles using some badass Ninja skills in the shadows
. When they rise from the water....BADASS!
. First fight with the foot
. Final fight in the sewer

MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #49
Green Machine
Hench Mutant

"Are you an idiot? Wait, let me rephrase that! You're an idiot!"

Laughed out loud! I love Raph.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #50
Powder
So tired of this place

Love it. Loved them all so far. Always funny & animated well.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #51
cryan
Stone Warrior

I missed the episode this morning.I was looking at the listing on my guide and they are not rerunning the episode tomorrow and Monday.What the heck?
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #52
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

Only thing that caught me off guard was Bradford knowing Hamato Yoshi goes by the name Splinter, after just learning that he's been alive all this time. Aside from that, this was a great episode, and I can't help but have felt a little sorry for April in this episode, being treated like she's obligated to the their friends.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #53
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
there were two pizza references (Mike to Chris, and at the end of the episode).
I counted three Mike to Chris, picture of April eating pizza on Don's labtop, and the Turtles eating pizza.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #54
Huree
Random Punk

This episode was great.
Spoiler:

This series really nails the dynamic of the Turtles as brothers. I love the little touches like when they rescue Mikey and Leo rubs his head or Raph's talk at the end with him.

The fights with the foot were really awesome. The part at the end when the Turtles are picking them off one by one in the sewers was SO cool, I'd love to see more expressions of that idea that the Turtles are a very dangerous unit on their home turf.

It was nice to finally see an episode with alot of foot clan action as opposed to the Krang stuff we've gotten for the past 3 episodes.

I really like Leo so far in this series and I can't wait to see him tackle the challenges waiting for him down the road.

This series goes for the extremely funny and the extremely serious (Shredder's pretty darn scary) and I think they're really nailing it.

-We got our first view of how this show renders the daytime when Mikey and Rad Brad were outside eating pizza. I really loved it. It's a polluted hazy smog filled NYC sky.

-The only thing I didn't like about this episode is that April is just sitting in the lair hanging out. I know we've already met her but I would've liked a scene or 2 explaining how she got there. Who is she living with now that her Dad is gone? Did the Turtles ask her to hang out and lead her to the lair?
Huree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #55
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryan View Post
I missed the episode this morning.I was looking at the listing on my guide and they are not rerunning the episode tomorrow and Monday.What the heck?
They repeat the episodes on Thursday nights, but if you can't wait that long they will have it uploaded to Nick.com before then. With the last episode I think it was actually online the same day.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #56
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huree View Post
Who is she living with now that her Dad is gone?
April said in Rise of the Turtles part 2 that she was staying with her aunt.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #57
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Oh hai Clancy Brown!!

This ep was awesome and not cuz Clancy Brown is a big bad.

I too was confused by him knowing Yoshi is called Splinter. I guess that was Yoshi's nickname in Japan?

I just feel sorry for Mikey. At least he learned a lesson that not every human is nice like April (why was she even there?). Plus he learned a Shredder move and used it back on ole Clancy.

Leo learned a lesson in uh... fairness...

Loved it when Donnie MacGyver'd his way into Bradford's dojo.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #58
fakecortex
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
Only thing that caught me off guard was Bradford knowing Hamato Yoshi goes by the name Splinter, after just learning that he's been alive all this time.
I caught that too. Maybe Hamato Yoshi went by Splinter in Japan? I was hoping for a flashback sequence this episode; those have been great. Also, Chris Bradford's uniform was a great homage to Mirage Shredder. Anyone think maybe Mikey will have a kitten named Klunk in this series?
fakecortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #59
alliance
Hench Mutant

Seeing Michaelangelo not be some vulnerable turtle and kicking norris' ass was it for me, soooooooo relieved to see that my goodness, seeing even Splinter one up Leo was awesome their one on one talks i hope to see more of love the student teacher interactions with these two, Donatellos laptop pic with April had me laughing for 5 minutes that was sick and soo so funny, i was pissed off seeing the black guy and kick the turtles asses for a bit there..he just seems like a regular dude for me to believe it but they returned there whooping right back which was what i was hoping for..i would love to see more Pizza in the Episodes too, it makes me hungry more

This may be my Favorite Episode so far,

anyone notice how a half hour just flies when youre watching this

80's TURTLES MUCH COOLER THAN FORGOTTEN 4KIDS

Last edited by alliance; 10-13-2012 at 01:14 PM.
alliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #60
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Silly question, but I noticed the subway turnstiles. Do they live in a closed down subway?
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2k12, episode discussion, nick