The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #221
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
It's much more fun if you watch them all in order over a weekend. Plus, first major role of Jennifer Anniston! She played the daughter in the original.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:18 PM   #222
Leo656
The Franchise

Her legs almost redeem it. That's about it.

I like Warwick Davis and I'm glad that this series kept him fed throughout the otherwise-dry period of the 1990s. That's all I got.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #223
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Last Movie Watched: The Bridge Curse (2020).
Last TV Show Watched: Resident Evil (S1:E2).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #224
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Saw Happy Death Day 2 U over the weekend. I thought the original was alright - just wished it had a bit more blood. I couldn't stand the sequel, though. Thought everything about it was incredibly lame. There were moments that I honestly felt embarrassed to be watching it. I'd say if you're going into it, don't expect the horror/slasher aspect to be anywhere near as prominent as it was in the first movie, even though it was pretty light the first time around.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 01:18 PM   #225
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Saw Happy Death Day 2 U over the weekend. I thought the original was alright - just wished it had a bit more blood.
Yeah, I actually got duped into seeing it. I swore I saw it was R-rated in the previews so I was sitting there halfway like, "Waaaaittaminute... nobody's actually said any bad words and there hasn't even been a little bit of blood in this movie about a chick who is constantly getting murdered."

This had absolutely no business not being R. That said, I didn't hate it. It was cleverly written and the lead was likable enough. Without both of those factors in play it would have fell on its face.

Quote:
I couldn't stand the sequel, though. Thought everything about it was incredibly lame. There were moments that I honestly felt embarrassed to be watching it. I'd say if you're going into it, don't expect the horror/slasher aspect to be anywhere near as prominent as it was in the first movie, even though it was pretty light the first time around.
Yeesh. How does it even work in part 2? Why does it start happening again? It'd be like getting a Groundhog Day 2.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:39 PM   #226
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Yeah, the first one was fine. It was light and kinda fun.

I don't want to spoil the sequel incase you end up seeing it but it just gets really, really cheesy. Lots of stale humour and a sequence that feels like something right out of Pink Panther. It's just nutty - the bad kinda nutty

My buddy thought it wasn't that bad - but also said he couldn't recommend it.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:36 PM   #227
Allio
Foot Elite

saw death day 2u. Honestly exactly what I expected. Cheesy sci-fi nonsense with multi-verse theory. While I don't think they needed to explain the loop I can't help but find it hilarious in that cheesy scifi goodness.

I think the movie in of itself was something that had to be wanting.

Last edited by Allio; 02-21-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 03:38 AM   #228
Egon1982
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Man... get on that. In that order.

Then The Gate when you're done those.

https://alchetron.com/cdn/The-Gate-1...a709de8db9.jpg

(Or just skip Leprechaun altogether and go straight for The Gate )
Loved The Gate since i saw it in theaters as a kid and such a Lovecraftian supernatural horror fantasy with nice effects, it's like The Goonies meets Pet Sematary and Poltergeist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Quote:
I enjoyed Get Out and Peele is a promising director.

Quote:
Saw Happy Death Day 2 U over the weekend. I thought the original was alright - just wished it had a bit more blood. I couldn't stand the sequel, though. Thought everything about it was incredibly lame. There were moments that I honestly felt embarrassed to be watching it. I'd say if you're going into it, don't expect the horror/slasher aspect to be anywhere near as prominent as it was in the first movie, even though it was pretty light the first time around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, I actually got duped into seeing it. I swore I saw it was R-rated in the previews so I was sitting there halfway like, "Waaaaittaminute... nobody's actually said any bad words and there hasn't even been a little bit of blood in this movie about a chick who is constantly getting murdered."

This had absolutely no business not being R. That said, I didn't hate it. It was cleverly written and the lead was likable enough. Without both of those factors in play it would have fell on its face.

Yeesh. How does it even work in part 2? Why does it start happening again? It'd be like getting a Groundhog Day 2.
Yes, i thought the first Happy Death Day was a timewaster for me as it had fine performances and a nice concept but could had been better if it was rated R and all, i mean R-rated horror movies are doing money now thanks to IT and Conjuring films, they need to learn from those.

And at least it with the Conjuring universe films are trying to create their own horror icons and franchises as i'm no fan of the Conjuring spin-offs and Happy Death Day but at least it's something different, not quite, but it's not the same horror icons/franchises i've already seen like Elm Street or Hellraiser or Saw or Scream or Friday The 13th, they are trying to create their own new horror icons and their own franchises as they are giving it an effort.

And that's what i think, i mean let some older franchises and their icons like Freddy, Jason, Pinhead, Ghostface, Jigsaw, Leatherface etc. just die and rest in peace and come up with your own franchise and new horror icon.
Egon1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:43 AM   #229
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Rated R horror films don't always equal success. Ones with good writing and acting, do.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:58 AM   #230
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
horror films... with good writing and acting...
Just being super polite, or...?

C'mon now.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:15 AM   #231
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Question: in Happy Death Day 2U, do they continue the thing from the first one where every death she suffers damages her body? Or do they just jettison/forget about that?

Quote:
Rated R horror films don't always equal success. Ones with good writing and acting, do.
They don't, but if you're making a slasher you need to actually be able to show the slashing... otherwise what's the point? Plus it's just irresponsible. Movies about a lot of people getting murdered have no business being filtered for 13 year-olds.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:45 AM   #232
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Question: in Happy Death Day 2U, do they continue the thing from the first one where every death she suffers damages her body? Or do they just jettison/forget about that?
Spoiler:
It gets to a point to where she no longer wants to die because if the damages are to great she may not wake up.

That would be kind of neat, imagine that loop of death cycle where her body shuts down on her each time her loop restarts.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:23 AM   #233
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Quote:
slasher you need to actually be able to show the slashing... otherwise what's the point? Plus it's just irresponsible. Movies about a lot of people getting murdered have no business being filtered for 13 year-olds.
Completely agree. It's like writing a raunchy sex comedy but steering clear of nudity, sex, or anything offensive. It's like... then what's the point?
Old 02-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #234
The Deadman
Foot Elite

A Quiet Place Sequel Release Date Set for 2020
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...AChcXRoHawq.99

Old 03-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #235
The Deadman
Foot Elite

The Curse of La Llorona Confirmed to Have The Conjuring Connection
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...GjKUkO8AseI.99

Old 03-22-2019, 12:55 AM   #236
Allio
Foot Elite

saw US

Spoiler:
The only real bad thing I have to say is that is that they made the whole doppleganger invasion some grandscale thing. It would have been perfect and more personal had it stuck into the small scale invasion of a broken woman that was trying to get her life back.

The only other complaint is that it doesn’t seem like there aren’t any rules when it comes to the dopplegangers.

Spoiler

Rules I have tried to figure out
  • Those that lives underground follows the rules above ground, above ground has priority. This is evident by the real mother, despite her trying her best not too, follows what her clone is doing.
  • Everything will be followed 1:1 unless the circumstances doesn’t allow dopplegangers. Rabbits=food, People on a rollercoaster had to live up and pretend to be on a coaster, dad was punching a wall when the real one was doing wack a mole.
  • If the event that for whatever reason that something can’t be followed, it will be followed as best as it could be. The real mother had to cut herself open, since -I assume- dopplegangers of her the doctors weren’t around (and there of course were no medical stuff)
  • When the dopplegangers are above ground I assume the outfits they wear are suppose to be contrived (wooly pajamas, masks, gloves, etc) so as to not match their above ground selves.
This point would explain why Jason’s clone mimicked him. As Jason had a mask (clone had a mask) and something on his hand (as opposed to the clones’ gloves) which apparently was enough of a requirement to make him mirror him.

I do feel like Jordan Peele didn’t really have rules for the dopplegangers, it does kind of come off as “These guys does everything you do, unless it’s convenient to the plot” I mean as many times as people probably went to that mirror house (consideirng it’s still up 30 years later) are you telling me that nobody has seen their original selves? What made the “other” mother be the one to act out?

Movie is still fine. I just wish that they really developed the rule of the clones.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:01 PM   #237
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #238
Vegita-San
Emperor

So, since they spoiled almost all the changes in the trailer, including race switched pascow....how does this one measure up?

pet semetary remake

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:23 PM   #239
Allio
Foot Elite

As someone that has kind of a hate/love relationship with the original. I actually really liked this one. If you like new IT, you'll like this one I feel.

My thoughts.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #240
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Producer Peter Safran Says ‘The Nun 2’ is Already in the Works; “We Have a Really Fun Storyline”
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...fun-storyline/

‘Poltergeist’ Getting Remade *Again* with ‘Captain America’ and ‘Avengers’ Directors
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...ers-directors/