The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 05-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

How would you have ended the Archie TMNT?

Not sure if a topic like this exists, if it does then the search couldn't find it.

I've read the Archie TMNT as a kid, but today i finished it (better late than never right? ) and i read more about the 'Forever War' and i feel sad that they didn't go through with it because of problems.

I know that many past villians and allies (like the future turtles) would return and Shredder would be the final villian of the comic, but i wonder how it would all go.

How would you like the story to be and how would it end?
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I really have no idea, barring some final battle with Shredder, who maybe teams up with Null. Or maybe they team up against Null. Then... party in the rainforest, everyone is invited? Definitely the Mutanimals need avenging (which I snuck into "TMNT: Odyssey").

TMNTA, even as you get to the last issues, doesn't really read like a comic that's lumbering towards an ending. Anything I can imagine still feels kind of forced.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:36 AM   #3
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Yeah they really need to be avenged, maybe watch over the Turtles (like Star Wars did with Obi Wan).

I think it would be cool if the Turtles are rejoined by Chebue (probably awful spelling, its the woman who was Mary Bones at first and ends up being some sort of blue skinned goddess), and they are joined by the future Turtles, Usagi and ofcourse Splinter.

Shredder is back and more powerful because he gained some technology from Verminator-X and he is rejoined by Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang who he freed from those planets before Shredder came back to Earth.
Rat King is on his own trying to survive the war by gathering materials through his rats and making weapons, a safe zone (bunker/home) and trying to flee.

Null is with Scum and Bean trying to take over the world once and for all, trying to get as many women for his harem and killing as many men as they can.

The Turtles and their allies fight against the enemies, and every chapter is filled with lots of fights (Turtles vs Bebop and Rocksteady, Shredder vs Bean and Scum, Null vs Chebue etc) and lots of humans and animals running, panicking and trying to survive.

Scum and Bean die because of Krang's tech, Bebop and Rocksteady are changed back into their human form by Chebue and arrested and getting life long prison sentence, Krang dies because Null kills him with a back attack.
Shredder fights the turtles and wins barely, Splinter then comes and saves Leonardo from getting killed by the Shredder, Splinter fights the Shredder and wins and the Shredder admits defeat and commits sepukku (off-screen).

Then everyone is rejoined and talks about what happend, parties and all that.

Then a "years later" skip comes and everything is rebuild and everyone is a bit older and you see their life now.
Rat King is now a homeless guy trying to live in peace in a far away forest.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
Shredder is back and more powerful because he gained some technology from Verminator-X and he is rejoined by Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang who he freed from those planets
Why would you want to drag Bebop and Rocksteady into things? They're perfectly happy on the animal planet. And how can Shredder "free" them from the planet they're on when they're voluntarily living there, happy as all can be? They have a ship, they can leave anytime they want. In fact, they even made a quick pit stop to Earth to grab some groceries before heading back to the planet in the IDW TMNT 30th Anniversary Special.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:57 AM   #5
neatoman
Emperor

They would summon Captain Planet to punch Null in the face.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #6
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Why would you want to drag Bebop and Rocksteady into things? They're perfectly happy on the animal planet. And how can Shredder "free" them from the planet they're on when they're voluntarily living there, happy as all can be? They have a ship, they can leave anytime they want. In fact, they even made a quick pit stop to Earth to grab some groceries before heading back to the planet in the IDW TMNT 30th Anniversary Special.
Oh yeah you're right forgot about that
Okay i'll let them live in peace and be naked with the animals.

Edit: Although on the other hand, aren't they dangerous though? I mean they went back to Earth during the Bellybomb/Slash arc, shot up the whole neighbourhood, stole various items and food and wanted to fight again only to return back to the Eden planet once they got defeated.
But who is to say they won't come back and shoot up the place and steal food again and then go back to Eden and repeat? =/
Something needs to be done with them, perhaps destroy that airship or something.

Last edited by Mexiun; 05-03-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If anything, they could be dragged to Earth against their will by Shredder, assuming their loyalty. But this pisses them off and they turn on him in the finale.

And then they go back to the animal planet.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #8
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
If anything, they could be dragged to Earth against their will by Shredder, assuming their loyalty. But this pisses them off and they turn on him in the finale.

And then they go back to the animal planet.
Would be funny if Bebop and Rocksteady got the last hit on the Shredder to defeat him.

How do you think Krang's story would end?
Old 05-03-2017, 12:25 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
How do you think Krang's story would end?
It already did, didn't it? Imprisoned on Morbus.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:41 PM   #10
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

Quote:
It already did, didn't it? Imprisoned on Morbus.
True, seems like a really bad ending to a big scary ruler though... he might return eventually.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #11
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Bebop and Rocksteady could've been professional wrestlers on the Stump's Asteroid.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:07 AM   #12
Weapons@theready
Hench Mutant

Quote:
TMNTA, even as you get to the last issues, doesn't really read like a comic that's lumbering towards an ending. Anything I can imagine still feels kind of forced.
Yeah this is pretty much spot on, a conclusion of any sorts would be farther down the line...

However, with that being said, after many adventures I picture a final arc entitled "A Deal With the Devil." Whatever story line proceeded this final arc would have a backstory involving Shredder who is still in the future, has aged considerably and knows his time is short and finds a way to return to the present timeline, because there is still an insatiable thirst for revenge against Hamato Yoshi that cannot be filled in the future timeline since Splinter has already passed on. The backstory ends with him getting back to the present timeline with someone waiting for him.

Open of "A Deal with the Devil" arc we find out that it is Null waiting for him in the present timeline and says he has a proposition for Shredder. Shredder is hesitant at first to accept any help from Null but eventually he accepts his help because his age and health are failing and Null restores Shredder to his youthful state and increases his power so long as Shredder agrees to become a member of his new Four Horsemen that were destroyed in TMNTA #39. Nulls thinking is that the last time the Turtles faced the Horsemen, they had the help of the Mutanimals and now without them, they should be now match. Shredder is the new death, Rat King is pestilence, I'm not sure who famine is, but Slash is war(this really messes with the Turtles mind), it is revealed that Null transported Slash from Maligna's hive before crashing into the sun and has kept him imprisoned in the underworld and played mind games with Slash to make him believe that the Turtles used him and were never really his friends and that the Turtles were responsible for the death of his true friends the Mutanimals. Null has filled Slash's mind with images of the Turtles rather than the Gang of 4 slaughtering the Mutanimals.)

The Turtles are no match for their first encounter with the Horsemen and are forced to retreat, beaten battered and bruised, the return to their layer to discover that Splinter has been taken. With no one left to turn to the Turtles call upon the aide of their future counterparts once more, but they are significantly aged, when conferring with the older Turtles they realize they need more help and Cudley appears and spits out a hostile group of young Mutanimals from the past, but before they were a team.

We get the prototypical story of a group falling apart before they come together, with the coming together moment being Null eliminating the future Turtles and this leading to the Turtles revealing the Mutanimals the nature of their future counterparts death which they had hid from them up until this point. The young Mutanimals avenge their deaths by using the Turnstone to take out Null. Slash is freed from his brainwashing and takes on the Rat King and the "Famine(whoever that is) while Shredder flees with Splinter. Cudley appears and informs the Turtles that he must return the Mutanimals back to the past before Maligna's original invasion of the timeline will be altered dramatically and so thus the Turtles are alone as the head to the final battle with Shredder.

Shredder vs the Turtles in the final issue on top of a rooftop because that's the only fitting ending.
Weapons@theready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #13
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I think whatever Forever War would have ended with would have been fine. It would have Shredder facing them in the final story which unfortunately has yet to happen. I don't count Cyber Shredder as The Shredder, that was the Tengu Shredder and the main one was Ch'rell. So either one. Turtles Forever was a finale for the 2003 cartoon but I mean last episode.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Year of the Turtle ended it fine, the only thing we didn't get was a final confrontation with Null. But Andrew's Odyssey did it well enough. Really love the idea of the dead spirits of the Mutanimals coming back to get their revenge on Null and kill him. It also fits in with the themes of the Archie series of an afterlife, God's, and spiritual stuff.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #15
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Year of the Turtle ended it fine, the only thing we didn't get was a final confrontation with Null. But Andrew's Odyssey did it well enough. Really love the idea of the dead spirits of the Mutanimals coming back to get their revenge on Null and kill him. It also fits in with the themes of the Archie series of an afterlife, God's, and spiritual stuff.
Welcome back!
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #16
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I really have no idea, barring some final battle with Shredder, who maybe teams up with Null. Or maybe they team up against Null. Then... party in the rainforest, everyone is invited? Definitely the Mutanimals need avenging (which I snuck into "TMNT: Odyssey").

I can see that. Although on the plus side, by the end of the series there were so many characters that any conclusion, even if forced, could have (could eventually? ) pull from many storylines. Fanservice, if nothing else, but still fun.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #17
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

Who cares if someone has limited internet access or not? So do I (can't afford it at home so I come to the library). So what?

Anyway, I like to think of Null as permanently out of commission after "Terracide" anyway. When he said he can't die, I don't think he expected to be hurled into the sun. And, even if he did survive, he's stuck on the sun with no way back to Earth or anywhere else, constantly burning in star fire (which being a demon, may or my not be painful to him, but I think it is).

Likewise Krang is either dead or stuck on Morbus, and Rocksteady and Bebop are living happily ever after in an Eden world. So, I say their stories are complete, too.

So, most of their friends are dead, and their only major enemy still active is Shredder, I say a final battle with Shredder is the only place they can go. The "Forever War" sounds perfect.

That said, Weapons@theready, I do like your "Deal With the Devil" idea too.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:17 PM   #18
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weapons@theready View Post
(...) Shredder is the new death, Rat King is pestilence, I'm not sure who famine is, but Slash is war (...)
I'd switch things around: make Rat King the Famine horseman, and bring back Bellybomb ('cause why not?) as Pestilence. Perfection!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:50 AM   #19
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

I don't know. With his gluttonous nature, I think Bellybomb's a better match for famine.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #20
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Deinonychus View Post
I don't know. With his gluttonous nature, I think Bellybomb's a better match for famine.
... Now I'm imagining that giant mouth eating a screaming skeleton... It's quite a weird thing to imagine.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote