The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #15181
Slade
god status

And then UFC denied it.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #15182
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Alberto is off the hook for the domestic incident, but Paige is'nt

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/air.../#.WXJHmNMrJE4
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #15183
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Alberto is off the hook for the domestic incident, but Paige is'nt

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/air.../#.WXJHmNMrJE4
I still maintain that Alberto is a scumbag and the damage towards Paige is causing her to fight back. However, the way of fighting back... yeah.

If I recall, Paige was suspended twice via the medication to help her. Would this terminate her?
Old 07-23-2017, 12:03 PM   #15184
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

What do you guys figure tonight for Battleground? I pick the following:

Dillinger/English (Don't care who wins here, but Tye is more likely.)

Kanellis (Too early to have him lose.)

Charlotte/Tamina (Charlotte is the big match for Summerslam, but for story development, I could see Tamina being the second choice.)

Styles (Best match on the card.)

The Usos (Likely going to cheat again, leading to one more match at Summerslam or to fight Breezango, please let them get the titles over New Day.)

Nakamura (Corbin is likely going to lose a little bit, but is going to land himself as a main eventer come Summerslam. Otherwise, it'll be a double count out)

Cena (Do you really expect him to lose his first match back? Sorry Rusev.)

Mahal (Unless Corbin cashes in, I don't see Orton winning. Mahal is likely losing the title at Summerslam because if Randy does win, I don't see many big matches for now with him.)
Old 07-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #15185
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Really sucks to see Rusev treated the way he's being...I blame the shift in creative, where at one point he was lined up for a shot at Orton, but Vince got a Jinder jive instead
Old 07-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #15186
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Really sucks to see Rusev treated the way he's being...I blame the shift in creative, where at one point he was lined up for a shot at Orton, but Vince got a Jinder jive instead
I do wonder what would've happened if they hindered Jinder early on.

Unless Rusev can drop the foreign shtick, I can't see him doing too well. I would really like to see him in the upper mid-card as an occasional main eventer.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:43 AM   #15187
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Spoiler:
Great Khali.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:20 PM   #15188
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Weird finishes for the PPV last night

Spoiler:
Natalia over Charlotte...really?
AJ Styles out wrestled clean by KO?
Aden English over Ty Dillinger?
Old 07-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #15189
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Weird finishes for the PPV last night

Spoiler:
Natalia over Charlotte...really?
AJ Styles out wrestled clean by KO?
Aden English over Ty Dillinger?
Spoiler:
Natalya winning might be due to her leaving after her contract ends. She's put in a lot of work the past few years despite bad gimmicks, so I'm glad she won. At the same time, she doesn't feel like the right opponent currently. I kinda wish it was Tamina.

As for AJ, there's some circulation of a possible last minute change. The victory at MSG may be due to AJ getting a DVD soon; in terms of matches, AJ doesn't have too many accomplishments yet outside his WWE title win and possibly his matches with Cena and to an extent, Reigns. Either way, it was a pretty underwhelming affair.

No comment on English.
Old 07-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #15190
The Deadman
Foot Elite

So Cena/Nakamura is next week, instead of saving their first encounter for a big PPV.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:58 PM   #15191
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I hope that when AJ dumped Owens outside the ring before stealing the winning pin, he yelled "YOINK".

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
So Cena/Nakamura is next week, instead of saving their first encounter for a big PPV.
I imagine it's because Cenas attendance is so spotty lately, due to the increasing demand for him outside of WWE, and the fact that Cena himself has said recently that he doesn't even know how much longer he has in the ring. Probably seems like a good idea to do the match when they can. They're both big faces right now too, so this probably seems like the only context in which to reasonably get them in a match with that in mind.

Quote:
If I recall, Paige was suspended twice via the medication to help her. Would this terminate her?
If she's convicted, yeah, she's gone. From what I understand domestic battery charges are a flat termination. To be honest, though, it's probably not going to affect anything on the end of fans. She's been alternately injured or in the dog house for so long I can't remember the last time she was on TV. If she ever ended up on TV again after everything that's happened, it would probably be for jobbing.

Last edited by dl316bh; 07-25-2017 at 08:27 PM.
dl316bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:18 PM   #15192
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Instead of waiting for a big PPV, they do it on TV?

Something tells me this is leading to a Khali interference.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:33 PM   #15193
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Instead of waiting for a big PPV, they do it on TV?

Something tells me this is leading to a Khali interference.
God, I hope not, because that might lead to a triple threat. We don't need both world titles defended in multi man matches.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #15194
The Deadman
Foot Elite

If Khali is at Summerslam in any form, it's to wrestle Orton.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:15 AM   #15195
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Quote:
If Khali is at Summerslam in any form, it's to wrestle Orton.
Khali taking an RKO? I hope it was just a one time appearance.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:36 PM   #15196
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Khali taking an RKO? I hope it was just a one time appearance.
I feel like they're going to have a one off match because Orton wasnt on Smackdown last night and he's going to need a feud coming into Summerslam.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:44 AM   #15197
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I do kind of wonder what they're going to do with the loser of next weeks title contendership match. Do you really keep either Nakamura or Cena off the show entirely? Nak's probably going to be champion at some point and Cena is Cena.

Though I suspect one of the tag titles to either not be defended or hit the pre-show. Probably the Raw tag titles. They don't have a program going right now, while the Smackdown belts do. I could see them skipping the Cruiserweight title as well, maybe have Miz in a non title, multi-man match. So there might be room.

Quote:
I feel like they're going to have a one off match because Orton wasnt on Smackdown last night and he's going to need a feud coming into Summerslam.
Since he isn't competing for a title - we're finding out who the WWE title challenger is next week and the US title's scene is firmly locked around Owens and AJ - I won't be shocked if he's not on the card. It's a dual brand show, which means most of the matches are going to be for all the titles, and with the Jinder issue done, he doesn't have any other stories.

I mean, I guess WWE brass could collectively lose their minds and make a match with Khali, but I don't expect them to actually have him wrestle again. Dude could barely move when he left, which was why he was mainly hanging around Hornswoggle and Natalya for a while there. If that wasn't a one off appearance, he'll probably act as another meat wall for Jinder at that show. It's not like he can really take bumps anymore (hilariously implying he ever did even back when he actually was a regular wrestler for them).

Quote:
Khali taking an RKO?
I couldn't picture it, given how shot his knees are.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:24 PM   #15198
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I was pleasantly surprised that Natalya won. I couldn't stand another Charlotte reign. And I liked being surprised. There's nothing I hate more than watching a match with several wrestlers and already knowing who's going to win before it even starts. To me Nattie and Tamina were the least likely to win, so I'm glad she did.

I hope she's not leaving, but if she really is gone after her contract expires, I kinda hope they give her a title run before she's done.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:45 PM   #15199
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I was pleasantly surprised that Natalya won. I couldn't stand another Charlotte reign. And I liked being surprised. There's nothing I hate more than watching a match with several wrestlers and already knowing who's going to win before it even starts. To me Nattie and Tamina were the least likely to win, so I'm glad she did.

I hope she's not leaving, but if she really is gone after her contract expires, I kinda hope they give her a title run before she's done.
I liked the surprise of it, but that's about it. I'm not a fan of Natalya at all. That year or two she kept botching the most basic stuff really took the shine off her and made me finally reconsider the talking point fans had that she was secretly great, but being used poorly (though it's not a lie that she was forced to work with some terrible material at times).

But unfortunately, Nattie was probably the safe choice, because the roster is thin, there are only a few heels per brand and of Smackdowns Lana has already been dispatched, Tamina still can't put on a decent match and Carmella is doing the MitB lurking in the background thing. At least Nattie's returned to competency and okay matches. She and Naomi can probably put something workable together. They could have done a face versus face thing, but those are pretty rare anyway. Wrestling's always loved it's easy good versus bad dynamic.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:34 PM   #15200
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

On a recent episode of Table for 3, Mark Henry announced he's entering retirement. According to Wikipedia, he retired last week and is settling into a role as a producer.

This was last month and I might've missed this, but Tyson Kidd, who suffered a career threatening injury in a dark match against Samoa Joe in 2015, is also working as a producer for the Smackdown brand.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/wwe/4...es-retirement/

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ith-wwe-again/

It's unfortunate that after getting rejuvenated in NXT following its transformation into a developmental brand, Kidd is done. Definitely could've been a steady upper midcarder if he didn't get hurt.

As for Mark Henry, I sincerely wished he retired after his Hall of Pain run in 2011. No offense to Henry fans, but that was the last big event he felt relevant with. I'm not counting the retirement swerve in 2013 because though well-delivered, I didn't think Henry would win against John Cena at that year's Money in the Bank PPV.

Regardless, I wish them both the best going forward.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling