The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 11-04-2016, 05:17 AM   #61
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
The problem is finding that balance. The 2003 series was totally serious but unfortunately by design that makes it harder to veer into comedy without it feeling forced. From what I've seen of the 2003 series I never found the comedy that funny because it felt forced. The series was always better at what it did best which was being serious. A really good Turtles show can do both sometimes in the same episode.
Archie also did that well. But I don't recall much of the humor right now (still have the comics), just Michaelangelo joking about those with "Smells Like Teen Spirit" when Kathmandu talks about the Nirvana concept of Buddhism.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:30 PM   #62
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

I know it's been a long while, but the discussion in the following thread below has made me want to revive the topic at hand, at least the last two pages:

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=58301

I'm going to quote myself on the thread, and expand upon my thoughts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
You know, I'd really like an animated/live-action series that can do two things:

First, embrace a down-to-Earth tone akin to Mirage. Go into the wackier adventures (ex: time travel) minimally to none at all. Keep it grounded, but also incorporate more to the sci-fi genre with the Utrom. Krang/Ch'rell also, if you would want to use either as a villain.

Second, this is more of my own greed, but do story telling like Spectacular Spider-Man. Each episode could contribute to their own overarching narrative. For example, season 1 could contend with the criminal activity that the Turtles end up getting caught in. This could build towards the first appearance of the Foot Clan. Of course, that's just an example as it all depends on what the creative team is aiming for.

Honestly, you don't need the likes of Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang (depending on the person), Slash, or any mutant that debuted in Fred Wolf. It might lead towards an audience, but you don't need them to tell great stories.

Create new characters as we've seen from different incarnations. Null, Bishop, Bonesteel, Baxter, Hun, Karai (at first), the works can work as villains along with the Foot. You can also make new villains we've never seen; if you must use mutants, Hob, Leatherhead, maybe Slash if handled properly, or a new character could work.

There's plenty of material. If only it could be taken advantage of.
Now that I got that out of the way, here's how I'd book a TMNT series.

First up, as mentioned, I'd have the series be more grounded akin to Mirage and recent shows such as Daredevil. However, I'd also incorporate elements of sci-fi involving the Utroms and a little bit of fantasy. I'll get into the latter later, but I'd like for TMNT to have a little for everyone from action to drama and so on. Additionally, have the seasons build an overarching narrative(s) depending on what's being tackled. I figure at least five seasons between 20 to 26 episodes a season should be a good balance of episodes.

Secondly, the characters to use. Personally speaking, I have no problem with mutants, they're needed to sell toys and may have a greater purchase rate than a human figure. However, I wouldn't use too many as to keep the mutant amount relatively small.

Mutants I'd personally use aside from Leatherhead are Old Hob, Rat King, and possibly Groundchuck and Dirtbag (deserve some limelight). Additionally, I would use a few alien incarnations, perhaps as soldiers for Krang if he were to be used. They'd include Slash, Scale Tail, and the Dark Turtles. If contending with mysticism, using Dragon Lord and Vam Mi (depending on rights) would be a plus as well as the Patheneon. Lastly, the likes of Silver, Bishop, Null, Hun, and Simon Bonesteel for possible threats in addition to reoccurring villains in the Foot, Baxter, Rat King, and Triceratons.

One major thing I should note is to give the rogues gallery more variety, as shown above. Besides using the above examples, it could also be beneficial to introduce some new characters that impact the franchise's lore. For example, maybe a biological son of Shredder (Pikimo instead maybe). The point being is like Next Mutation is to create a new roster of villains and possibly allies while also reintroducing some characters never before done/missing, as seen in IDW and Nick. Not withstanding the common adversaries (Shredder, Baxter, etc.), it allows a vast variety of all the departments, but I wouldn't go overboard in one category.

Lastly, for the time being, is utilizing a little of everything. I mentioned an overarching narrative, with Spectacular Spider-Man being my main source as each episode used a villain for an episode and building the world. For example, the first three villains of the series were Vulture, Electro, and Lizard in a biology named arc. It built towards the Lizard with getting used to Dr. Connors while also gearing up future stories, such as Eddie Brock's descent beginning in the Lizard episode.

I'll use the Foot as my example here. Say they were being introduced at the end of season 1. I'd say start with small time events like Old Hob and Leatherhead, but provide clues on the Foot's prominence. It can continuously lead into their first appearance. Same can be said about Krang or even Vam Mi depending on the season.

These elements, alongside a coming of age story (maybe adapt parts of older stories), is how I'd book a TMNT series. It's very much a work in progress, but a foundation I have for the time being. If there's more to add, I'll be sure to post in the future.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:01 PM   #63
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

I'm happy you're doing this. Here's mine:

You know the story of how the turtles got mutated and Splinter rescues them in an old coffee can and gets mutated too.

As for Hamato Yoshi & Oroku Saki, I see them going into an Obi-Wan & Anakin/Vader route. Yoshi & Saki were orphaned kids until found by the Ancient One.

Yoshi & Saki are then joining the Guardians with Mortu, Bishop, Queen, Rook & Pawn. Yoshi was skilled. But Saki wanted more power and jealous when Yoshi got the attention from Tang Shen.

Saki then joins the Foot clan, led by Ch'rell (formerly Knight) and his fellow scientist Krang who is the original Shredder back in the Sengoku period. He takes Saki under his wing so that he may pass on his title to him.

Yoshi fought Saki while Mortu fought Ch'rell.

Yoshi & Shen left for New York for a new life. Until Saki & Krang followed them so that Krang can steal Utrom information and for Saki to get his revenge as the Shredder.

April gets rescued by the Turtles.

The turtles fight Shredder in their first battle. Krang rescues him to patch him up and offers him four skilled mutant ninjas to combat the turtles and serve him. Bebop & Rocksteady can come in later. Hun joins Shredder as human.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 01:14 AM   #64
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I wanna see Andy Suriano's vision for the TMNT. He did all that character concept art that got rejected. It's weird as hell & could make for a very interesting change of pace. Examples:

Talk about wish fulfillment.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 09:28 AM   #65
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I don't know if it's my ideal turtles show but this is probably pretty close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
The only one's I'm not a fan of are possibly Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers seasons and of course, the Next Mutation.
Cheesy-ness and Venus aside, I'd actually would like another attempt at a NM-styled show. It didn't try to be the FW show.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:28 AM   #66
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I'd like to cast another vote for a pretty faithful IDW adaptation.

Pick a consistent art style, something relatively realistic and not caractureish like so many shows on TV nowadays. Maybe something nearly as detailed as Santolouco's but streamlined as necessary for animation.

Use the opportunity to fix some of the rare instances of weird, clunky dialogue (the character's speech in IDW is usually pretty good, consistent with their character's personality and whatnot, but occasionally they'll use a word or make a reference that seems really dated or out-of-character)
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:41 AM   #67
dawwe
Foot Soldier

I suppose my ideal TMNT show would be something along the lines of the IDW comic. Pick and choose all the good stuff from all the incarnation. A nice action cartoon with a healthy dose of humor.

I guess I would go with a 2D cartoon, and I'd probably go with something close to Ben Bates' turtles when it comes to the visual style of the cartoon.

Last edited by dawwe; 07-19-2017 at 03:30 AM.
dawwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 03:26 AM   #68
Ninjinister
無問題

• Entertain me
  • Remember the multiverse exists

That's literally all I want
Old 07-19-2017, 03:42 AM   #69
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawwe View Post
I suppose my ideal TMNT show would be something along the lines of the IDW comic. Pick and choose all the good stuff from all the incarnation. A nice action cartoon with a healthy dose of humor.

I guess I would go with a 2D cartoon, and I'd probably go with something close to Ben Bates' turtles when it comes to the visual style of the cartoon.

http://i.imgur.com/T3Th3Jw.png

http://i.imgur.com/L1dJCJX.png
Considering how he's already involved with the animation industry, I could totally see that happen.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:36 AM   #70
ninja-zero
Hench Mutant

Give us a new series with 2003 vibe. But after all the wild mutations from 2012, it's too much.

Mutants:

Shredder's Mutant Elite Guard
- Koya, Shredder pet falcon
- Rahzar (reincarnated as a hyena)
- Chameleon, skilled in stealth using camouflage
- Skunk, skilled in deception using its foul smell
- Spider, uses spider-webs for traps

Later the four can get an upgraded mutation. Wolf (rahzar), Poison Dart Frog (chameleon), wolverine (skunk) & Scorpion (spider).

Bebop & Rocksteady could come in later.
ninja-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #71
Panther10
Hench Mutant

I'm not sure what I would consider to be the ideal TMNT show. The FW and 4kids shows were pretty quintessential for me. I guess beyond that I would have loved to see the KidsWB series, had that ever come to fruition in the late 90's but alas...that was not the case..
Panther10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #72
dragonside
Hench Mutant

Ideal is hard to nail down.

However, honestly IDW comic one is ideal.

What i'd like to see is maybe the robot turtles. LOL batman beyond style.
dragonside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:01 PM   #73
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

So, it's been some time since I posted some conceptions. Odds are I'm going over to the fan fiction section at some point to solidify a plan. I figured I could get started with planning my idea. Message me at some point if you want to hear some more.

The title of the series is going to be Tales of the TMNT. I'm aware the Nickelodeon cartoon's fifth season has this title, but it's the best I can think of for now. For the time being, these will be 20 episode seasons. I may change it as I plan more out.

Anyways (skip the spoilers if you don't want to read):

Spoiler:
The first season involves the history of the Turtles and the Foot Clan.
I'll start with the origin, as the first four episodes would focus on world building. The focus in terms of villains are the Purple Dragons, who act as the secondary villains of this season as well as the first appearance of either

Episode 1: In a change of pace from most TMNT media, Casey would be the first ally that the Turtles meet. This episode's first act sets up Casey's character and issues with the Purple Dragons, a nefarious criminal empire of the underworld. Casey mentions the Dragons need to get a lesson through butt kicking, subtly hinting at Arnold's death by them.

We get insight into Casey's character: a plucky, yet strong-willed individual looking to exact damage on the group. There'll be a reveal later in the season on Arnold for what his death involved.

When Casey gets into a battle, the Turtles are hinted at. Think similarly to the 1990s movie when the Turtles save April. In an alleyway, Casey tries to hold his own after leading the Dragons away from a location, either a lady and child or store. From the shadows, the Turtles strike against them. I'm not sure on killing them or just knocking them unconscious and escape through a manhole. They would then disappear as Casey leaves. That's the second act, maybe the half of the final act depending on action sequence.

Finally, the Turtles are talking to each other on that. Raph and Donnie could be saying it wasn't worth it compared to Donnie and Mikey. Splinter would then talk to them briefly as he takes note of the Dragons' appearance having some familiarity. The episode would end with Splinter scolding them for being vigilantes, finding it unnecessary and a worry. However, the conversation would be in darkened areas within the lair, but we do see their figures this time.

What I'm doing is building anticipation towards the Turtles' first onscreen appearance, as PD and the 90s movie did. Keep them in the shadows and surprise the audience with how they look.

Episode 2: The Dragons are being scolded by a large, intimidating figure in the cold opening. The individual is Hun, he doesn't appear onscreen yet. He demonstrates his anger of their "failure" by brutally killing (off camera for standards) Dragon Face. DF would be the main Dragon in episode 1, used as fodder to establish Hun as dangerous. He orders them to find whoever did this; when a Dragon mentions a kid, Hun smiles dastardly.

Following this, we cut to Casey at an auto shop. He's trying to make due with what he can but is having some trouble as the Dragons ransacked the place.
He then finds in the newspaper of a hiring at a meat factory. This job doesn't work well as Casey is too angry with pounding the meat and goes too far. For a little bit of humor, Casey could get into some slight hijinks with his superior before being let go.

Frustrated, Casey drowns out his frustration at a local bar, owned by the Dragons. (my thinking is along the lines of GTA for why) Casey ends up in a tussle and holds his own for a bit in an entertaining fight; the Turtles soon intervene when Casey is shot and thrown out of the bar. Like the alleyway fight, the battle soon becomes shadowy, but the Dragons have matches to see.
We see glimpses of the Turtles' limbs and weapons, but never their faces yet.
After throwing them out of the bar and the police coming, the Turtles make a run for it, but take Casey with them underneath the sewers, ending on a cliffhanger on what happens.

Episode 3: Whispers fill the air as the screen is black, Casey's POV. He soon wakes and sees he's bandaged but okay. In a funny exchange again,
you can have Raph make a remark before the intro and Casey freaks.

After this, Casey meets the Turtles and Splinter. Splinter, Donnie, and Raph do not trust him, but Mikey asks Splinter to stay. The reason: Mikey can sense good and evil in someone, at least Earthlings.

Casey is confused on what's going on as Leo interrogates him. The first half of the episode deals with the Turtles' origin.

In this series, Splinter is a household rat of Hamato Yoshi's. (I still need to figure out why he owns one) Yoshi lives in Japan with his wife Tang Shen and a daughter, Miwa. (no, she's not Karai here) On Miwa's fifth birthday, her one wish is to have her own pet(s). Yoshi and Shen decide on four Turtles,
whom Miwa comes to love for about 6 months.

However, an incident occurs in Japan. Yoshi, who served in the Foot Clan,
gets into an altercation with his friend, Oroku Saki. (Nagi will be used much later in the series) Saki gets angry, beats Shen, and Yoshi attacks him.
As with the Mirage Comics, he flees for New York with his family and pets.
Saki trains for about 4 months and kills them, the Turtles and rat are freed.

After the origin is told, Casey relates to losing family. After a heated exchange with Raph, Casey leaves. The second half deals with Casey's story of getting revenge, trying to track down the central location of the Dragons.

Episode 4 I'll get to in a bit, but it wraps this arc together and solidifes Casey's friendship with the team and a heated team with him and Raph.

I'm aware my idea has some kinks to it. As mentioned in the past, it's merely a work in progress.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:52 AM   #74
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

So, in new thinking...

What if the turtle's mutations were deliberate?

Looking back at my idea for the Utroms being in a big turf war with the Triceratons, and what the Ooze was meant to be, I had the idea of it being like liquid Nanogenes from Doctor Who. It would only be meant to heal a specific DNA pattern, so when the healing agents don't recognize a pattern, they just make sh*t up and try to call it a day.

When it happens on accident with something, the Specimen 0 (might have to make that its own mutant, it sounds really cool.), the Utroms realize that such a thing might make a good soldier against the Triceratons.

Hamato Yoshi, one of their guardians, volunteers to mutate himself so the mutated soldiers in training can be more comfortable with something more like them. Afterwards, Leatherhead and the four turtles were mutated. However, Leatherhead imprinted on the Utroms a little too hard, so it came down to just the turtles. Yoshi trains them in the TCRI basement for seclusion, while not telling them of their origins for years "because they weren't ready".

Though, the Super Soldier program ends up falling apart somehow, but they decide not to give up on the four turtles and Leatherhead, who ended up learning combat in a different sense than was intended.

Before Splinter is able to tell the turtles of their origins, the MOUSERS come into the basement, with Baxter Stockman not knowing about the Secret Rat Man living below the TCRI building. Thus the turtles are forced to the outside world prematurely to look for their master, while the Utroms have to save Yoshi.

How Shredder and the Foot Clan fits into all this...I have no idea yet XD .
Old 10-27-2017, 07:17 AM   #75
eskater
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
So, in new thinking...

What if the turtle's mutations were deliberate?

Looking back at my idea for the Utroms being in a big turf war with the Triceratons, and what the Ooze was meant to be, I had the idea of it being like liquid Nanogenes from Doctor Who. It would only be meant to heal a specific DNA pattern, so when the healing agents don't recognize a pattern, they just make sh*t up and try to call it a day.

When it happens on accident with something, the Specimen 0 (might have to make that its own mutant, it sounds really cool.), the Utroms realize that such a thing might make a good soldier against the Triceratons.

Hamato Yoshi, one of their guardians, volunteers to mutate himself so the mutated soldiers in training can be more comfortable with something more like them. Afterwards, Leatherhead and the four turtles were mutated. However, Leatherhead imprinted on the Utroms a little too hard, so it came down to just the turtles. Yoshi trains them in the TCRI basement for seclusion, while not telling them of their origins for years "because they weren't ready".

Though, the Super Soldier program ends up falling apart somehow, but they decide not to give up on the four turtles and Leatherhead, who ended up learning combat in a different sense than was intended.

Before Splinter is able to tell the turtles of their origins, the MOUSERS come into the basement, with Baxter Stockman not knowing about the Secret Rat Man living below the TCRI building. Thus the turtles are forced to the outside world prematurely to look for their master, while the Utroms have to save Yoshi.

How Shredder and the Foot Clan fits into all this...I have no idea yet XD .
Wild lol.....interesting though
Old 10-27-2017, 08:02 AM   #76
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior

My ideal TMNT show would be something city based with a little of the sci-fi elements. Like more of the Season 1 2003 show with a somber, Mirage inspired tone. It would be 2D animation with character models from the 1990 film. It would probably be centered around the Foot Clan and tell IDW inspired stories if not directly adapting Tom Waltz' scripts.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:04 AM   #77
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Okay, I figured out something to the "deliberate mutations" idea.

Spoiler box for length

Spoiler:
The Utroms trying their own Nanogenes that ends up splitting into a super soldier project like in IDW.

I talked about Specimen Zero before, but not really being sure what it would be.

Splinter is Specimen Zero!
When he started to show signs of unexpectedly high intelligence after the careful injections of the serum, he was placed into the care of Hamato Yoshi and Tang Shen, Utrom Guardian and a human TCRI scientist. And so, martial arts training comes into play as part of his acclimation to a very slow mutation into a new body - as well as playing a role in intelligence tests on Shen's part.

Once Splinter gets to a certain point, the Utroms decide it's time to move on to other things - especially since Splinter gets the itch to be a teacher himself in the ways that Yoshi and Shen taught him.

Leatherhead was discovered in the middle of Splinter's training and was mutated by accident shortly thereafter. He was determined to be too cumbersome for what Yoshi would have to teach, even when he was very small. While another combat tutor was sought for Leatherhead, he was given an education more similar to an Utrom's...which plants the seed for the very large oak that is his identity crisis.

Instead of Leatherhead, Splinter is given four baby turtles to be his pupils. Once Splinter is settled in and starting to get to know his turtles - mutating slowly and carefully..."it" happens.

The falling out between Yoshi and Oroku Saki, another guardian, who gets sick of Yoshi being the favorite and also betraying the ideals he was raised with - but mostly in Yoshi's marriage to Shen, a Chinese woman.

The disaster happens in the Hamato home, where Splinter was living with the couple and their daughter Miwa, where a fire ultimately starts in the fight. Splinter escapes with the turtles into the sewers and hides there to ensure their safety. By the time he returns, he finds the home in ruins and discovers Yoshi's charred remains being hauled away by ambulance, but cannot find Shen or Miwa. Enraged, he returns to his now fully-mutated turtles, throwing out everything he had been trained for in fighting the Triceratons and choosing another path instead: revenge.

He hides from the Utroms trying to find him and never bothers to go out and find what happened to Shen and Miwa (if he had, he would have found that the Utroms placed them in hiding for safety in Northampton) - putting every priority into his students. If they were to be soldiers, then soldiers they would be. Just for a different cause than intended.

Saki, meanwhile, has been severely reprimanded, with loss of power in his own faction of the Guardians - the Foot, which had only become so to avoid dissolving into nothingness like other clans had over the decades. He swears to regain it even if it takes him many years. "Good for you" he's told.
"So will completing all the paperwork for the disaster you've caused."

As for April and Casey...

April is the heiress to a home electronics company. And, being April, she decides she wants to know some engineering to better understand what exactly she'd inheriting. This brings her to Baxter Stockman, who works for TCRI fifteen years after the Hamato-Oroku Incident. She helps him construct the MOUSERS, which ultimately bust their way to the sewers and attack Splinter.

Casey is a young man fresh out of foster care and trying to find the sister he was separated from. And, being Casey, hasn't put it together that attempting to reunite what little family he could doesn't pair well with rampant vigilantism. He meets April going in hoping to get mechanic work at TCRI - and of course is turned away for not having enough credentials.

They team up when April notices the test MOUSERS on her tracker behaving bizarrely, so they both go to investigate. By the time they reach the area, they find the disturbance gone, and instead find the four turtles, very distressed and trying to find their "father".

One thing I would want to return to is a Mirage-type situation where everyone is just shades of gray and no explicit "evil". Rather, a series of conflicts spreading multiple generations, and it's up to the next in line nearing adulthood to resolve at least a few of the problems.

I'm also thinking about giving the Malignoid a massive boost in threat level that they lost in IDW. I remembered this horror of nature. So now I know the "big threat" being the infected Malignoids causing havoc. The Triceratons and Utroms blame each other for it happening in the first place, as the virus/fungus started spreading in the midst of their previous war, and both assume it to be some kind of chemical warfare that the other was testing. Maligna is understandably more p*$$ed at losing children/subjects than a bull with a toothache and thinks both groups are equally responsible. Finally, the neutral Neutrinos are caught right in the center of everything...who are only neutral because of how badly they were wrecked the last time they tried to get between the Triceratons and Utroms, and this time, want to be a little more recovered before they try again.

The ultimate question is "where did the virus come from?"

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 10-30-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 07:52 AM   #78
The Inventive Donatello
Banned

In terms of shows, two things stand out (the first being what I would want more). Bear in mind this is brainstorming as there's a lot that would have to happen to ever make these possible. The first is highly unlikely to ever be made if not guaranteed not to be. The second has more of a chance.

1) A Netflix-style show in the spirit of Mirage. I have been wanting this for many years - since even before they made Daredevil. I'd say hour-long episodes. An R rating would be ideal and it would take the property very seriously. You could have the first season (8-13 episodes) cover up to around when they meet the Fugitoid. Or you could beef up the earlier issues. I am not a creator but they'd figure it out. Either way, you could have multiple seasons up to perhaps City at War, or even beyond into Vol. 2 or Image.

2) An animated show based on IDW - well, definitely the first 100 issues and related minis. This seems more likely than the Mirage Netflix show, but still probably not that likely. Still, it would be nice to see something like this and I would definitely watch. The art style could be similar to the Invincible or Castlevania shows - a more mature look. I would avoid CGI as I don't think it would work for this show.

Other non TV show based projects I would love to see but have next to no chance of ever being made:

A TMNT game in the style of the Arkham games. It has been covered extensively on here in the past and certain people have made it clear it will never happen. But this thread isn't based on reality;

A remake of the 1990 film. It could be updated with better visuals and more modern fighting sequences, with other bits altered;

Something completely fresh in the comic arena. Maybe something similar to Mirage in tone but deviating from that and taking its own direction - not the same as Image either. This is a more general wish but something new in the property that we haven't seen before (in terms of storytelling or premise) would be good. It's hard to say though if the well has run dry in this respect.

As I say, none of this will likely be made. But it's a dreaming thread.
The Inventive Donatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:00 PM   #79
Kold Pizza
Mouser

The ideal TMNT series to me would be something that’s a blend of the Mirage comics, IDW comics, 1990 movie, and the best episodes of the 1987 TMNT cartoon (like the 1st season). Design-wise, I like the ninja turtles having different colored bandanas, and I like them better with pupils in their eyes than without any pupils. Personality-wise I don’t mind having them act like immature teenagers now and then, but at the same time, as they grow up, they know when it’s time to be serious and when it’s time to have fun. I prefer Master Splinter as Hamato Yoshi himself rather than he be a pet of Hamato Yoshi. I also prefer Splinter referring to the turtles as his sons rather than his students as well as the four turtles being brothers rather than roommates.

I would have April be a reporter more like the way she was portrayed in the 1990 movie rather than in the 1987 series. I would also, besides Shredder and Krang’s group showing up as the usual antagonists, have Karai, Tatsu, Fugitoid, Casey, the Rat King, Leatherhead, Baxter, the Triceratons, Usagi, and Mona Lisa show up as recurring characters. Ideally, in the early seasons, I want the story arc to feel like a suspenseful late 20th century ninja movie as it focuses on the feud between Yoshi and Saki’s foot clan. Then, the show can gradually get into some sci-fi stuff in the later seasons. I want the series to have a great balance between comedy and action.

Last edited by Kold Pizza; 01-31-2024 at 03:37 PM.
Kold Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote