The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #221
gobo
Wacky Action

I found some books on Amazon Germany that I plaan to order in the near future. Anyone want to place an order for a copy of this movie while I'm at it? O_o I'll probably be able to get them out to the continental US for just $20 each.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #222
playmate
Foot Soldier

PM sent

Better late than never

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I found some books on Amazon Germany that I plaan to order in the near future. Anyone want to place an order for a copy of this movie while I'm at it? O_o I'll probably be able to get them out to the continental US for just $20 each.
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:30 AM   #223
playmate
Foot Soldier

Exclamation Barron commentary

Cowabunga! May a 'dromer who owns 'Der Film' please confirm if the Director commentary track may be selected in addition to the US English language cut...and if the German subtititles can be switched off thru all of the above?
(Basically, with the exception of Barrons inital welcome to his track, spoken in German, best I can understand the rest of his commentary is in English, and I'm wondering if this can be heard while playing the Engligh cut of the film)
Bonus Pizza Points if a fan may also confirm if this US English language cut is 100% identical to the original US theatrical release.
Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-22-2017, 04:58 PM   #224
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
Better late than never
Not exactly.

The guy you just PM'd will never return here because of crimes he committed that came with the legal consequence of being forbidden use of the internet.

& no, that is not a joke.

But perhaps someone else will see your post & help you out.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #225
playmate
Foot Soldier

Smile Knowing is half the battle

Powder, thanks for the update. I wonder if anyone reading this can assist; be it with a copy or simply clarification on my English audio & ccommentary track query? Repeat thanks in advance if you can
Old 02-23-2017, 03:33 AM   #226
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Cowabunga! May a 'dromer who owns 'Der Film' please confirm if the Director commentary track may be selected in addition to the US English language cut...and if the German subtititles can be switched off thru all of the above?
(Basically, with the exception of Barrons inital welcome to his track, spoken in German, best I can understand the rest of his commentary is in English, and I'm wondering if this can be heard while playing the Engligh cut of the film)
Bonus Pizza Points if a fan may also confirm if this US English language cut is 100% identical to the original US theatrical release.
Thanks in advance!!
OK, let me try this.
1. Both DVD and Blu-ray of Der Film includes audio commentary track.
2. Yes, you listen to commentary while watching the US cut, cuz it's the only cut on the disc. Both alternate ending and alternate scenes from European cut locates in the extras section of disc.
3. All of commentary track is in English, but underneath it is German audio track for the movie, not English one. You can choose either English or German subtitles, or none.
AleXviD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #227
playmate
Foot Soldier

Der Film commentary...DVD or Blu?

Awesome; mega thanks AleXviD!
A few more questions; I remember reading on an old thread that there was an issue with (I think) the commentary on the Blu ray; some kind of delay, I think?
The actual commenray on the Blu ray is a direct repeat of the DVD, yes?
And regarding 'Secret of the Ooze' and Movie III;neither DVD ever included a commentary track, so the Director audio commentary debuted on their German Blu ray release?
Continued thanks for the clarity
Old 02-23-2017, 01:55 PM   #228
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

European cut?

wait is there any version were the ending is used in the film ?
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:14 PM   #229
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
European cut?

Nope. The European Cut was a censored version in the 90s that used extra footage to work around dropped footage of Mikey's nunchucks. One that comes to mind is the apartment fight. Mikey's fun little nunchuck duel is cut (which is probably my favorite moment in the film), while extra bits like April pulling a carpet from under a foot soldier are added.

While the April moment is interesting, editor Sally Menke (who went on to work with Tarantino) was not involved in this hack job of a cut. A lot of it feels very work print-isa, while other parts feel very amateurish. For example, the foot soldier who calls for the axes is seen much longer, with an obnoxiously bad over-acting. Menke, being the great editor that she was, cut around that.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:16 PM   #230
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Awesome; mega thanks AleXviD!
A few more questions; I remember reading on an old thread that there was an issue with (I think) the commentary on the Blu ray; some kind of delay, I think?
The actual commenray on the Blu ray is a direct repeat of the DVD, yes?
And regarding 'Secret of the Ooze' and Movie III;neither DVD ever included a commentary track, so the Director audio commentary debuted on their German Blu ray release?
Continued thanks for the clarity
There possibly might be some issue, since originally commentary was presented in PAL and they had to stretch it for NTSC on Blu-ray, but I'll need to check my disc to see if I'm right.
Commentaries on 2nd and 3rd movies were made in time for German Blu-rays. Again, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
European cut?

In Germany and UK some scenes utilized alternate takes so to not show Mikey using his nunchucks, as it was no-no in those countries. But no alternative ending.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #231
playmate
Foot Soldier

Speaking of audio commentaries...

I am extremely grateful for the continued assist.
May I please ask (similar to my initial query), should you be able to take a look at the Blu Movie II & III discs, if the Director audio commentary can be heard in English...and if it is possible to play this over the top of the original English presentation of the US theatrical release (assuming that this is already on both discs for each Movie)?
Cheers
Old 02-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #232
mikezilla2
Foot Soldier

Question

thanks for the info guys, what do you mean by NTSC tho ? i have the WB US pizza box relase from a few years ago that contained no extras what so ever, and from what i hear the german blu rays if your not watching the com tracks the sound mix for the other parts of the film is crap

are there US relases that inculde the com tracks ? i almost would of bought them and swapped over the discs if it werent for the less than steller pressings , and the Aussie relases dont have the com tracks that i know of , i relly relly want to hear the com tracks for the 2nd and 3rd film could somone help me out please ?

and do we have a break down of all the current relases of the films they seem to get new blu ray pressings every few months in verouis parts of the world
mikezilla2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #233
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Well they gotta release that Raph and April sex scene at some point.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 02:42 AM   #234
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Well they gotta release that Raph and April sex scene at some point.
You can probably find it anyway... R-ThreeFour...
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 05:16 AM   #235
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

Quote:
I am extremely grateful for the continued assist.
May I please ask (similar to my initial query), should you be able to take a look at the Blu Movie II & III discs, if the Director audio commentary can be heard in English...and if it is possible to play this over the top of the original English presentation of the US theatrical release (assuming that this is already on both discs for each Movie)?
Cheers
Movie I: I cound't find time to listen to whole commentary, just jumped around the movie to see if it's in sync with the picture. Didn't notice anything whorng.
Movie II: Audio commentary is in English, but underneath it is German audio with clownish sound effects (same goes for the Movie I). English subtitles only for the movie. Movie itself is uncut, so you can watch it and listen to commentary.
Movie III: Audio commentary is in English, underneath it is original English audio. English subtitles only for the movie. Movie itself is uncut, so you can watch it and listen to commentary.

Quote:
thanks for the info guys, what do you mean by NTSC tho ? i have the WB US pizza box relase from a few years ago that contained no extras what so ever, and from what i hear the german blu rays if your not watching the com tracks the sound mix for the other parts of the film is crap

are there US relases that inculde the com tracks ? i almost would of bought them and swapped over the discs if it werent for the less than steller pressings , and the Aussie relases dont have the com tracks that i know of , i relly relly want to hear the com tracks for the 2nd and 3rd film could somone help me out please ?

and do we have a break down of all the current relases of the films they seem to get new blu ray pressings every few months in verouis parts of the world
NTSC (24fps/30fps) is a video standart for North America and Japan. For Europe and Australia/New Zealand there is PAL standart (25fps). Can't comment on the sound mix quality, cuz I'm still watching it on 2.0 sound system, and normally you need something better to really pass judgment. BUT! I heard the sound on German DVD and yes, it is less than stellar (central channel sound really hollow). I was hoping they upgraded the sound for the Blu-ray, but I guess they didn't?

For the Blu-ray content you can check the DVDCompare.Net
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=37899
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=37924
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparison....php?fid=37925

I believe they have most of the interesting releases in there.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:10 PM   #236
playmate
Foot Soldier

Smile Secret of the Ooze & Movie III commentary

AleXviD, I sincerely appreciate these specifics.
I'll double check I've understood correctly; if Movie I debuted on Blu with a complete repeat of the DVD content, and the only difference was NTSC/PAL commentary situation, but the actual picture quality of the Blu was slightly inferior to the DVD...would you recommend the DVD instead?
Plus, it's strange (and a bit unfortunate) that only Movie III offers the commentary over the top of the English audio.
(I had hoped that, for the sake of consistency - especailly given this commentary track was brand new for this release of both Movie II and III, that it would have been possible to select it to play over the top of the English audio on both.
AleXvid, may I please ask if you have listened to all three tracks in their entirety?
If yes, was the Movie II and III tracks entertaingin/insightful, or was there ultimately little new trivia/anecdotes to be heard?
Radical!
Old 03-10-2017, 05:32 AM   #237
AleXviD
Foot Soldier

playmate, I've been out for a while, so couldn't respond.
Well, BD has bigger picture, obviously, but also suffers from much more grain. DVD, on the other hand, has no such problem, but it lacks in nitrate, which result in crawling picture. But yeah, I'd say DVD looks a little bit better.
As for the commenteries, IIRC, they aren't such informative and thorough as the Movie 1 commentary. One of directors (I can't remember which one) was pretty silent a good chunck of his movie.
Sorry, that's all I could remember without relistening to all of tracks.

Tags
dvd releases, live action films