The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-17-2014, 03:15 PM   #21
inaheap
Mad Scientist

It is funny what you remember form your child hood. Since I can remember getting Raph, Leo, Mikey, Last but not least Don that is the order I like to open them in. The rest I don't really remember so they get opened in whatever order I get them in.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #22
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

When I was a kid, it was whatever order I found them in. Now I tend to buy them all at the same time, and open them in order of least to most interesting, based on the sculpt and accessories etc. I don't know why.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #23
Hakase
Foot Soldier

I usually get Leonardo first, since he's my favorite turtle. The rest doesn't really matter, but for someone reason, I usually find Raphael last.
Hakase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:08 AM   #24
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist

When I was a kid Raphael and the skateboard were my first tmnt toys. Leo was my second. Then Mikey and Don (softheads) I stole and I never had the weapons, nobody claimed them at the preschool I was at.

Leonardo was my favorite as a kid because of the swords and the color blue.

When I started to get the new nick stuff Leo was the first along with April, then Don, then Mikey, then Raph. Mikey is my fav now because of his laid back attitude and his optimism towards life, he is the closest to my personality.

This Holiday season I am going to donate a Mikey and Donnie to a charity, I might even do all four to round it out. Spread the turtle power.

"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #25
smitbro2
Thug

Anyone else sometimes not collect all the turtles from a line? Like I said earlier I usually will get Raphael before anything, but sometimes I really don't even care if I get the other ones. Guess I'm just a big Raph fanboy. The other turtles didn't really matter to me as a kid lol.
smitbro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:58 AM   #26
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitbro2 View Post
Anyone else sometimes not collect all the turtles from a line? Like I said earlier I usually will get Raphael before anything, but sometimes I really don't even care if I get the other ones. Guess I'm just a big Raph fanboy. The other turtles didn't really matter to me as a kid lol.
I don't have too big of a collection but always been that way as well; Leo in my case. For the LARP ones I definitely want all four when I can tack those down, but otherwise in most cases I'm happy just getting my fave if it's one that interests me.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #27
Memphis
Stone Warrior

For me, it was always Michaelangelo. My mom knew he was my favorite so every birthday or Christmas usually consisted of at least one Michaelangelo figure. Hell, she still buys me Michaelangelo stuff on occasion when she's out.

Now that I'm collecting, I usually go for whichever figure is hardest to find in a line before getting the rest. I hate having spots on my wall.

Looking for MOC Dino figures. PM me if you're selling! *Already have Ankyl Leo*
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 01:45 PM   #28
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Donatello first. Always. Sometimes just Donatello, but if not, Mike is next, and for Leo and Raph, it's... whoever finds me first. I still haven't bought the 2k12 Raph and Leo just because I have no idea who to buy first -- Walmart's always got both.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #29
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitbro2 View Post
All the time, I usually would just pick up the figures that interested me the most of a particular line. Even now I only own the Leo Ooze Flinger and the Don Tech Gear because they looked good / made sense
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:01 PM   #30
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

hmm

Mikey is my favorite so usually him first. But at the same time I buy in bulk. I usually just buy them all. It all depends where you shop from. Whatever is there i'll get it and then i'll hunt down what isn't. As of late it's become more of what I like most. For example if I find one is done really well to my liking but the others I don't care for i'll just get that one. There's some things I just have to have sets of but that's not always the case. And really with the turtles being so readily available all the time I find other characters being the must haves for me. Like Krang, Casey Jones, Splinter, Shredder, ect.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #31
nellyp
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthwahl56 View Post

This Holiday season I am going to donate a Mikey and Donnie to a charity, I might even do all four to round it out. Spread the turtle power.
That's awesome! Last year at the toy drive at work I donated a Raphael from the Nick turtles. I always hope that the cool action figures I give make someone's Christmas great
nellyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:37 PM   #32
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

When i was little i ask for Michelangelo first, since he is my fave

then once i was old enough to choose , i would always get Leo first, since for a few lines i always missed out on Leonardo

(Original and a few variant teams)

now a days i go by who the store has the least of..my last turtle purchase was classics 1990 mike since TRU only had one

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote