The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #401
sdp
Megan Fox = April

It very much is a witch hunt mentality at this point where anyone accused is automatically guilty. So far I don't have any real problems with current actors getting called on since yeah a position of that much power will lead to these things.

Of course I also believe many women openly accept it and use it to their advantage to get their agenda done. For them to complain is asinine, but they'll be protected as "victims".

Another problem is the knee jerk reaction from mostly the so called progressives. "I can't believe ____ would be like that", "I'm never watching anything from _____ again" etc. I mean it's flippin' Hollywood, if we went by moral standards we wouldn't be allowed to watch anything. I'm guessing many of all people's favorite artists are as big of scumbags as any of the accused ones but as long as no one calls them out on twitter it's perfectly fine? So, no artist has ever payed anyone to be silent? Don't be naive, that's a level of hip-hopcracy only they can be oblivious to. Separate the art from the artist.

The problem is this outrage moving into other industries, it's just not going to work. And I know for a fact that sexual harassment is a big problem in the workplace, but it's difficult to deal with and this #metoo movement is going to make things worse as people are already getting tired of the witchunt cmentality and are starting to become just another "immune" to it. Especially when I've read more than a few #metoo stories that are fairly ridiculous and yet they get a lot of traction in support.

Let's see where things go, I do think we'll be seeing more and more of this until it starts to blow up, and ironically it seems to be the only thing the American Political extremes agree on, they're both going in on this full blast even if for different ideologies.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #402
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
In a perfect world all parties would feel comfortable and open about their wants and desires, but we don't live in a perfect world where all parties do.

The assumption that we live in that world omits very important cultural cues and expectations.

Margaret Atwood has a great quote about this:
Men are afraid that women will laugh at them, women are afraid men will kill them.

And in several cases women saying No have resulted in their being bodily harmed.

Here's the thing about consent:
If you don't get affirmative consent, you should assume the answer is no.
And if you're unsure if you're getting non-verbal consent, the onus is on you to ask for it, otherwise assume it is no.

I need to read more about the allegations against Ansari, but if he was making moves that she didn't consent to before the fact, then yeah...he's in the wrong. Consenting to one sex act isn't the same thing as consenting to all sex acts.
I agree with this and this inability of both parties to talk should be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Another problem is the knee jerk reaction from mostly the so called progressives. "I can't believe ____ would be like that", "I'm never watching anything from _____ again" etc. I mean it's flippin' Hollywood, if we went by moral standards we wouldn't be allowed to watch anything. I'm guessing many of all people's favorite artists are as big of scumbags as any of the accused ones but as long as no one calls them out on twitter it's perfectly fine? So, no artist has ever payed anyone to be silent? Don't be naive, that's a level of hip-hopcracy only they can be oblivious to. Separate the art from the artist.
I have seen those and this is really hilarious. Another case of virtue signaling (unironical sadly). Especially when people in question had a lot of rumored allegations before. But this modern "keyboard-progressives" for you. Hyperbole and mindlessness their motto.
Old 01-15-2018, 07:37 PM   #403
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Can the AI-powered sex robots of the future give consent?

#NotAllSentientBeings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #404
Sumac
Banned

More on Ansari story.
HLN's Ashleigh Banfield blasts "Master of None" star Aziz Ansari's anonymous sexual assault accuser in an open letter.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:51 PM   #405
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Another sexual misconduct allegation has been leveled against Aziz Ansari.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #406
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

This video ... just makes me really upset ...

Spoiler:

Shame on you, James Franco.

My thoughts are with these young women.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:32 PM   #407
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
This video ... just makes me really upset ...

Spoiler:

Shame on you, James Franco.

My thoughts are with these young women.
The Video says "alleged" aka NO proof or Evidence he actually did anything but go ahead and believe the girls
Old 01-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #408
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
The Video says "alleged" aka NO proof or Evidence he actually did anything but go ahead and believe the girls
Well, if it means anything, Violet has claimed that James Franco offered an apology to all of his alleged victims.
Old 01-25-2018, 06:46 PM   #409
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Casey Affleck will no longer present the Best Actress Award at the Oscars.

(This is a good thing.)

Edit:Oh my word ...

Just ... why?!

Last edited by Papenbrook; 01-25-2018 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:48 PM   #410
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I'm surprised no one has brought up the creep-ass gymnast doctor who just got locked up
Old 01-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #411
Sumac
Banned

Because, he is not celebrity and won't create the same effect.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:52 PM   #412
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, he was more of a nobody...

But man, I love the judge who oversaw that case. No tolerance for his cowardly @$$. I hope she strikes again sometime soon.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:27 PM   #413
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

You can add David Copperfield to the list now.
https://www.thewrap.com/david-copper...ld-model-1988/
Old 01-25-2018, 08:35 PM   #414
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

George HW Bush was right!

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Old 01-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #415
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
I'm surprised no one has brought up the creep-ass gymnast doctor who just got locked up
I feel like these things are so rapid fire now some just slip through.

Quote:
But man, I love the judge who oversaw that case. No tolerance for his cowardly @$$.
That judge was awesome. Ripped his letter up right in front of him.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:14 AM   #416
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Mariah Carey was accused of sexually harassing one of her own bodyguards!
Old 01-26-2018, 01:00 PM   #417
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

James Franco was digitally removed from the latest Vanity Fair cover amid allegations of sexual misconduct.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #418
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

That whole Nassar thing is getting worse. ESPN did a deep dive into things and are finding that yeah, MSU knew full well what he was doing since the 90's and tried covering it up.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/...ssar-case-espn

I already felt like they kind of had to know, just from how long this has been going on and all the stories we've heard throughout the years about how school's will ignore things and are not above pressuring students to make things they don't like disappear if they have to.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #419
Sumac
Banned

In this case I hope people who wee covering this shitstain for years will be brought to court. Old or retired, doesn't matter.

I absolutely despise any kind of violence towards women, but trash who covers it up is almost as bad in my book, whether it's done out of fear for reputation or money.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #420
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Looks like Hillary Clinton was protecting one of her aids that was sexually assaulting someone

http://uproxx.com/news/hillary-clint...t-allegations/