The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #181
Allio
Foot Elite

From the way cubed spoke this was recent

Oh, kale. I forgot all about her
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #182
CyberCubed
Overlord

I wasn't even thinking of Kale (or Caulifa), given the implied lesbianism is there.

I meant that big blue guy from Universe 2. A lot of the muscle bound fighters from Gowasu's universe, like the pretty boy with the rose (looked similar to Zarbon), were based on stereotypes like all anime does.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:20 AM   #183
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wasn't even thinking of Kale (or Caulifa), given the implied lesbianism is there.

I meant that big blue guy from Universe 2. A lot of the muscle bound fighters from Gowasu's universe, like the pretty boy with the rose (looked similar to Zarbon), were based on stereotypes like all anime does.
With the possible exception of Kale (Caulifla seems either oblivious or uninterested), I didn't see any gay fighters in the tournament. I mean the possible exception is the rose guy, but there are vain feminine guys like that that are actually straight, like Vega from Street Fighter for example.

Besides, Team Four Star jokes aside, there was nothing really confirming Zarbon was gay. Unlike General Blue, Zarbon didn't have any suggestive lines. He was just too in love with himself.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #184
CyberCubed
Overlord

Hopefully after the TOP ends they finally do the timeskip to the end of DBZ, which is what I wanted from Super to begin with.

Trunks and Goten as older teens/adults, Goku training Uub, maybe even some focus on Pan/Bra, etc. It seems like the writers don't want anything to do with Trunks and Goten as kids, so hopefully when they finally age them they'll treat them as main characters again. Goku training Uub also now oddly makes sense, if he was born with the powers of Kid Buu he could be on God level or above with just a few months of training.

I also really like older Goten's design. He stops looking like a Goku clone and instead looks like a fusion between Gohan and Yamcha. Then again all of Gohan's haircuts resembled Yamcha's too, so both of Goku's sons are essentially Yamcha.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:08 PM   #185
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The show is either going on hiatus or is flat out over.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-19-2018, 02:41 PM   #186
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The show is either going on hiatus or is flat out over.
where did you hear this? It can't be because they lost bulma's VA. they've lost people before and still continued.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #187
CyberCubed
Overlord

It is confirmed ending in March after the current arc ends. There's a movie coming out in December, and they said Dragonball will continue next year.

Most likely the next series will start in April 2019 rebranded moving on to EOZ.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:07 PM   #188
sdp
Megan Fox = April

To me Dragon Ball Super always felt unecessary and everything I ever read about it seemed so stupid and straight out of a fanfic. I think cubed was the one who told me "once you watch it you see it works" or something along those lines.

I finally watched 3 episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and I had a blast, and they were even filler episodes I'm guessing, it was Goku and Vegeta training with Berus' master. The comedy totally worked and wanted to watch more. Hearing the same dub voices of when I was little only exemplified it.

And I only stumbled into it by accident, I don't normally turn the tv on if it's not to watch Netflix or stream so I never see what's on TV but there it was and just stayed up watching the few episodes.

If Super ends I don't know if it would be the worst, the series has to end, the power creep that happens each time is just too much. And out of nowhere got an impressive episode count, I still feel like the show just started but it's already surpassed GT and almost got as many episodes as the original Dragon Ball. That's no small feat.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 01:28 AM   #189
CyberCubed
Overlord

Super will have 131 episodes when it ends in March. It's actually hard to believe we got another 100+ episode series of Dragonball, it really came out of nowhere.

And we're not done, even with the show stopping for now we're getting another series in 2019, most likely moving ahead to the end of DBZ where Trunks and Goten were adults and Goku training Uub and Pan...hopefully.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #190
Vegita-San
Emperor

Notice how they are trying to make us forget Freiza?

he pops in every now and then, but he's still one of the final three.

What are the chances he becomes a god of destruction? or an 'angel' strength?

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:53 PM   #191
Allio
Foot Elite

welp...now that we know Jiren's character now...he really just a generic "MUH STRENGTH" character.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:01 AM   #192
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
I just read the manga version and it is miles and miles better than the anime.

The tournament of power just began in the manga and they covered three months of pointless anime bs in two chapters.

And Jiren has an actual personality..I mean holy sh**!!!

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #193
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
Notice how they are trying to make us forget Freiza?

he pops in every now and then, but he's still one of the final three.

What are the chances he becomes a god of destruction? or an 'angel' strength?
Only ways I would accept the endings

Goku and Jiren knock each other out and universe 7 is the winner because Frieza is unconscious but still in the ring

Or Jiren beats Goku and Frieza gets the cheap shot to win
Old 03-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #194
Slade
god status

Quote:
It is confirmed ending in March after the current arc ends. There's a movie coming out in December, and they said Dragonball will continue next year.

Most likely the next series will start in April 2019 rebranded moving on to EOZ.
Ending in March and movie in December are only things confirmed. Anything else is speculation at this point.

Possibility that something will be on air in 2020 for Japan Olympics seeing as Goku is one of the ambassadors.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:22 AM   #195
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah, I just hope the next series is set at the end of DBZ. I feel like I've been waiting 15 years for the arc with adult Trunks/Goten, Goku training Uub, and Pan to start from the end of DBZ. For Japanese fans its over 22 years since DBZ ended in 1995.

It's also obvious they're not ever going to allow Trunks/Goten to fight again until they're adults, so I really hope they do the timeskip to the end of DBZ with the next arc.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:30 PM   #196
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

You know its funny despite being sort of the grandaddy of Shonen and pretty much making transformations popular DBZ gives protagonist crap looking transformations. I mean Goku's transformation not counting the Great ape pretty much change his Aura or hair.

Compare Mastered Ultra Instinct to Gear 4th Boundman

Old 03-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #197
CyberCubed
Overlord

I blame the western meme hate for Super Saiyan 3, which actually did look like an ultimate form transformation.

Because of that the new Saiyan forms just went back to color swaps with Super Saiyan God (red), Blue, and now Ultra Instinct. Looking back Super Saiyan 3 really was something different.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:56 PM   #198
sdp
Megan Fox = April

What SSJ3 meme? SSJ3 was pretty cool though not as "stylish" and barely ever used.

SSJ4 looks so awesome in comparison to the forms in Super. I've really grown to like it over the years, I used to hate it as a kid. The red/blue SSJ look awful, ultra instinct looks fine.

Last edited by sdp; 03-03-2018 at 09:02 PM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:43 AM   #199
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I blame the western meme hate for Super Saiyan 3, which actually did look like an ultimate form transformation.

Because of that the new Saiyan forms just went back to color swaps with Super Saiyan God (red), Blue, and now Ultra Instinct. Looking back Super Saiyan 3 really was something different.
What nonsense are you talking about this time? Super Saiyan 3 was in the 90's way before internet and memes ever became a thing. A Japanese show isn't going to care what Americans think. We can love DBZ all we want but if the series wasn't such a huge hit and nostalgic classic in Japan we never would have gotten Super or anything else.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #200
JH24
Hench Mutant

I don't know what it is, but I'm just not enjoying this as much anymore. This arc started so well, but they dragged out the Goku/Vegeta vs Jiren fight so much. Just one power-up after another. They shouldn't have been able to even stand yet they can go SSB again within a minute or two.

I know this is what happens in DB, but they took it to the extreme in this tournament. The way Jiren failed to eliminate his opponents over and over again was ridiculous. What's the point in having ultimate strength if you let your opponents bounce back again and again?
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote