The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #1
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Dundee (Crocodile Dundee spin-off)

I...uh...what?!

Quote:
“Crocodile Dundee is back,” says the synopsis on the official site. “Well, actually, he’s missing in the Outback. And the only person who might be able to find him is the loudmouthed American son no one knew he had. Introducing Danny McBride as Brian Dundee. This son of a legend is forced to channel his Aussie roots as he embarks on the ultimate adventure in the land down under. It’s time to live up to the family name. Unlike his father, Brian grew up a true city kid. But that won’t stop him from picking up his dad’s oversized knife and launching into the Australian outback, completely unprepared for what lies ahead.”

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/tra...ocodile-dundee
Old 01-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
I read that Paul Hogan is also back in this one.

Here's an article about it on the People site.
http://people.com/movies/danny-mcbri...rious-project/

Last edited by TigerClaw; 01-19-2018 at 03:43 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:51 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I'm on board. I loved the first two. I love how evil they made the Colombians in part 2 and how dark the film got.

Never saw 3. Is it good?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

I dunno about this, man.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:25 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I dunno about this, man.
As long as Paul Hogan is in it, I'm on board with this, hopefully we get a full trailer soon.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:40 AM   #6
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Old 01-22-2018, 01:52 AM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Since I'm guessing a remake was not possible, they had to go down the spin-off road.

Man I haven't seen Crocodile Dundee's movies in years. I remember liking them when I was a kid. Honestly, I don't think these movies require a remake or a spin-off, so can't say I'm interested in this. I was satisfied with the originals as they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'm on board. I loved the first two. I love how evil they made the Colombians in part 2 and how dark the film got.

Never saw 3. Is it good?
is the one they go to Los Angeles. I believe they end up in a gay bar by mistake in that movie. That bit was funny.

Btw, the first two films were made in the 80s, but 3 is from 2001. So I guess this isn't the first time they try to revive the series? I wonder if this spin-off will have a decent box office success.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:54 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The story seems sound, on paper. "The Search for Mick Dundee." OK, I'll watch that.

I'm not sure the age of Dundee Junior works, though... Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles took place in 2001, when the actor playing Dundee Junior was 11 (which would mean he was born around 1990, about a year or two after the second movie, which makes sense). It's been 17 years since then... so that would mean whoever is Dundee's kid would be about 28 in 2018. Danny McBride is 42 and looks it.

*looks closer*

Waittaminute... Danny McBride is playing "Brian Dundee" and the name of the kid in part 3 was "Mikey Dundee." Two different kids, both in America? If "Brian Dundee" is the older son, where was he in part 3? A different mother, then, but also an American one? But Mick Dundee never went to America until the first movie, and immediately stayed in a monogamous relationship with his new wife for two decades.

Something isn't adding up here...
Old 01-22-2018, 10:09 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Old 01-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #10
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The story seems sound, on paper. "The Search for Mick Dundee." OK, I'll watch that.

I'm not sure the age of Dundee Junior works, though... Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles took place in 2001, when the actor playing Dundee Junior was 11 (which would mean he was born around 1990, about a year or two after the second movie, which makes sense). It's been 17 years since then... so that would mean whoever is Dundee's kid would be about 28 in 2018. Danny McBride is 42 and looks it.

*looks closer*

Waittaminute... Danny McBride is playing "Brian Dundee" and the name of the kid in part 3 was "Mikey Dundee." Two different kids, both in America? If "Brian Dundee" is the older son, where was he in part 3? A different mother, then, but also an American one? But Mick Dundee never went to America until the first movie, and immediately stayed in a monogamous relationship with his new wife for two decades.

Something isn't adding up here...
It makes you wonder if Mikey Dundee will appear in this one, I never saw the 3rd movie though, so I don't know how that one went.

Maybe Brian Dundee meets Mikey Dundee during the movie, and they both join together in search of there father, Brian never had any experience in the Australian outback, so Mikey Dundee is teaching him.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #11
The Deadman
Foot Elite

This looks terrible

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It makes you wonder if Mikey Dundee will appear in this one, I never saw the 3rd movie though, so I don't know how that one went.

Maybe Brian Dundee meets Mikey Dundee during the movie, and they both join together in search of there father, Brian never had any experience in the Australian outback, so Mikey Dundee is teaching him.
Or maybe he just thinks his dad is Dundee, and that becomes a gag. Or something.
Old 01-22-2018, 11:27 AM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Another teaser. Looks like Chris Hemsworth is in it.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:31 PM   #14
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I have a feeling Hemsworth is Mikey from CD3. While I enjoy Danny McBride being an obnoxious fool, not sure about him being a son THE Crocodile Dundee. If he never knew Mick, I could see him turning out the way he is.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 12:57 PM   #15
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I have a feeling Hemsworth is Mikey from CD3. While I enjoy Danny McBride being an obnoxious fool, not sure about him being a son THE Crocodile Dundee. If he never knew Mick, I could see him turning out the way he is.
You might be right. Could be "Brian Dundee" is some fraud trying to pretend to be the son of Dundee, so to get more ratings he tries to find his "dad"... while the REAL son of Dundee, Mikey (Hemsworth) leads him on a wild goose chase.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #16
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Is this actually a real thing? Seems like a hoax for a Super Bowl commercial.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Is this actually a real thing? Seems like a hoax for a Super Bowl commercial.
Hmm... no, this seems legit. It's not quite like that Matthew Broderick thing that was super vague and appeared to be a Ferris Bueller 2 (and I still want that movie, btw!) teaser but ended up being a car commercial... for this, there is actual interviews talking about it. And there's the fact that the domain is literally www.dundeemovie.com. Dundee Movie. Not Dundee Superbowl Commercial.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:15 PM   #18
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Huh...Pretty cool that they were able to film something like this without anyone knowing about it.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Huh...Pretty cool that they were able to film something like this without anyone knowing about it.
Damn it, this better not be a FAKE thing...
Old 01-23-2018, 05:22 AM   #20
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Why not actually have an Australian actor play the lead role. Though I hope some of you are right and he is a fake and real one is someone else in the movie.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cuckadile dundee