The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-19-2018, 12:25 PM   #801
newfan
Mad Scientist

They hadn't told the cast who was dying off either until it came to it. I didn't like that they killed her, her arcs could have been better written but her character was getting better. Also, I don't share the hate on Felicity either, haven't liked everything they did with her but she is a good character in general.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:30 PM   #802
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
They hadn't told the cast who was dying off either until it came to it. I didn't like that they killed her, her arcs could have been better written but her character was getting better. Also, I don't share the hate on Felicity either, haven't liked everything they did with her but she is a good character in general.
I've been on board with Felicity until what they started to do with her this past season I saw (4). The yo-yoing on the wedding, the paralysis and miraculous recovery... c'mon, writers, knock it off. You can be better than this. They're trying to make her as annoying as Laurel Lane was in season 1.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #803
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I've been on board with Felicity until what they started to do with her this past season I saw (4). The yo-yoing on the wedding, the paralysis and miraculous recovery... c'mon, writers, knock it off. You can be better than this. They're trying to make her as annoying as Laurel Lane was in season 1.
Yeah it messes with an otherwise good character. Is this show being renewed for another season? I think it's struggling isn't it?
Old 01-19-2018, 12:36 PM   #804
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
Yeah it messes with an otherwise good character. Is this show being renewed for another season? I think it's struggling isn't it?
From what I understand, the only show on the bubble is Supergirl. And even there, the CW is telling fans "Don't worry, it's just on hiatus."
Old 01-27-2018, 03:00 AM   #805
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

5 episodes into season 5. I've enjoyed every season so far with some hiccups... but I have to say this is easily a terrible, terrible season so far. The worst by far. Everything in the present is rubbish with his "new crew," Felicity has become a yard gnome, and the flashbacks to "oh, I'm in Russia now" are equally as bad as "oh, I'm in China now." Awful, awful so far.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:21 AM   #806
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
5 episodes into season 5. I've enjoyed every season so far with some hiccups... but I have to say this is easily a terrible, terrible season so far. The worst by far. Everything in the present is rubbish with his "new crew," Felicity has become a yard gnome, and the flashbacks to "oh, I'm in Russia now" are equally as bad as "oh, I'm in China now." Awful, awful so far.
I need to catch up on this after the break, we are usually only a week or 2 behind you guys. (unlike my other show ) Yeah, I've not taken to the new crew as much. I liked that Curtis was in it but I liked his role better before he came in as one of the team. I like that Katie Cassidy is back in some form but it depends how they use her.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:40 AM   #807
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
this is why most sane people jumped off of the Arrow train once season 4 ended
Old 01-28-2018, 03:49 AM   #808
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's gotten better on episode 6. The laughable fat villain overlord with the brass knuckles is dead... and Ollie is fighting Dolph Lundgren in the past in Russia? Well crap... this is neat.
Old 02-05-2018, 01:21 PM   #809
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

I've never seen the show but I saw this comedic take on Green Arrow's origin in the back of an issue of Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye and thought it was too funny not to share:

Spoiler:
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 03:23 PM   #810
newfan
Mad Scientist

So, do you think they will be a bit predicable with Black Siren? She becomes an ally but not Laurel good, just slightly good/allied ish?
Be dull for her to become just like Laurel and also she is replaced already, killing her would be a bit cruel to Lance given his Laurel died and he experienced Sarah being dead twice... not sure what they'll do there, maybe she'll just leave remaining as Black Siren.

Last edited by newfan; 02-05-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #811
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Is it just me or does the actor who plays Wild Dog seem like he is trying really hard to channel Denzel Washington every time he speaks? Right down to the facial tics.

Sidenote: they're throwing a ton of crap out there this last season (season 5, which I'm halfway through), some of it bad or questionable (Arrow killing again is one thing, going into the field with Wild Dog machine-gunning down bad guys is another... and this new and improved Black Canary they just happen to discover right when Laurel dies is highly questionable)... but some of it is rather interesting. I don't mind the stuff tying into season 1 heavily. Things have kind of gone ehhh with this gun control episode I just watched, though. So strange. I can spot all of these inserted dubs of dialogue so as to not offend absolutely anyone. And what the heck was even in Mayor Queen's new gun control act? I watched and rewatched the scene with him going over it... he literally doesn't say anything about what is specifically in it.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-08-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #812
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I have to say, just a few episodes from the end of season 5 now... opinion has completely changed. It's gotten so dark and focused, and the Russian flashback stuff has gotten really interesting. And making Ollie's old Russian friend from the ship a bad guy now is unexpected and cool. While Prometheus is way, way different than the Grant Morrison character, he's pretty effective here, and the actor is as solid and believable as Manu Bennett's Deathstroke. Oliver admitting that he likes killing was well written.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 02-10-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #813
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Yeah, I remember season 5 getting off to a rocky start but it ends really strongly. One of the best seasons of the show, for sure.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:12 PM   #815
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
The Damage has been already done 6 Seasons of ruining a great comic Character that is Green Arrow . Also this new show runner is Pro Olicity she said she would make a whole episode about them getting married

Just end this crappy show already

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 04-17-2018 at 03:43 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #816
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

Just end this crappy show already
How selfish of you.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:30 PM   #817
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
SWEET!!!

Maybe now the show will get back on track to how it was in seasons 1&2.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 03:35 PM   #818
newfan
Mad Scientist

Lately when I see this recorded I find myself thinking 'I'd better watch that and catch up' rather than 'yay a new Arrow' we have fallen behind the US a bit, I just watched where Diggle walked out, another one... the 'other team' have already been doing my head in, the City is taken over and these issues can't wait?
I'll stick with it in the upcoming season and hope I can get into it again.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:15 AM   #820
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Batwoman confirmed for next crossover event

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ssover-1112799
Well, that's surprising.

Would still like to see an actual Batman appearance on TV though.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote